Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 525556575859 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 923

Thread: Elite Shipyard

  1. #841
    Yeah, that's a possibility; I'd eventually like to add a more detailed build comparison tool which would include things like retrofit costs, both in credits and engineering materials, so that could probably also list the engineers who offer the required blueprints. In the short term though I'll probably just add a little link-out button to look up the selected blueprint or experimental effect on Inara, since they already have all that data.

  2. #842
    Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    In the short term though I'll probably just add a little link-out button to look up the selected blueprint or experimental effect on Inara, since they already have all that data.
    That would be great. Btw: I just added my build under the "new" look of EDSY. Is there a way to export the data from the new look to Coriolis, or have a look at my build with the old EDSY look?

    http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=C6...c,EXPLORACONDA

    I really like the new look, but would like to compare it with the same data in the old look.

  3. #843
    One addition: it would be nice to have the a mobile version of the new look. It looks already well, but you can't edit your build on a mobile touch device (e.g. add a module via drag and drop or double click). Otherwise: great work, everything seems to be up to date (3.0).

  4. #844
    Great tool, many thanks. Think the 8A powerplant overcharged engineering is bugged for your next update, gr1 gives more power for example and the % for gr3 don't match up to what I have in game. Inara values seem correct https://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprint/13/ Sorry if already reported.

  5. #845
    loving the new look version, just here to make you aware that the final hull resistances %'s on EDSY old and new are not correct compared to in game, have double checked my in game blue prints against EDSY to make sure it was correct and it is, the armour health is perfect but the %'s are wrong on EDSY, heres a link to a screenshot of my corvette hull health and resistances, http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ThatRubberD...enshot/8440990

    and a link to the corvette build below, also any plans for a shortlink generator? because the link to the build is huge when you post is in some places e.g discord

    http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=Cz...pD23u023u06By8

  6. #846
    Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post (Source)
    Great tool, many thanks. Think the 8A powerplant overcharged engineering is bugged for your next update, gr1 gives more power for example and the % for gr3 don't match up to what I have in game. Inara values seem correct https://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprint/13/ Sorry if already reported.
    They look like a match to me -- are you maybe clicking the wrong button to set the "roll" for the blueprint? The rightmost, fully light blue circle is the one that sets the "maximum" roll with the highest bonuses for that grade; the other partly dark blue buttons set intermediate rolls which will have the full penalties for the grade but only a portion of the bonus (i.e. the half-and-half circle is a 50% roll, so the bonuses will be halfway between the maximum of the previous grade and the maximum of the current grade). If it still looks off, please post a screenshot of your power plant module's "modifications" details screen from the in-game outfitter.

    Originally Posted by ThatRubberDuck View Post (Source)
    loving the new look version, just here to make you aware that the final hull resistances %'s on EDSY old and new are not correct compared to in game, have double checked my in game blue prints against EDSY to make sure it was correct and it is, the armour health is perfect but the %'s are wrong on EDSY, heres a link to a screenshot of my corvette hull health and resistances, http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ThatRubberD...enshot/8440990

    and a link to the corvette build below, also any plans for a shortlink generator? because the link to the build is huge when you post is in some places e.g discord

    http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=Cz...pD23u023u06By8
    Aha, I think I see the mistake and it should be fixed in the next update. I was assuming armour resistances worked exactly like shield resistances, but (for high resistances) they do not. Thanks for the report!

    A short link generator would be nice but it requires a back-end server infrastructure which I don't currently have (because web hosting is much cheaper without one). There is an idea to build a central ship build repository that could work with both EDSY and Coriolis, so if that ever happens, then it could probably also offer shortlinks that way.

  7. #847
    yes I miss the blueprint effects as well, would be nice to have them too.

    Oh btw.
    Is there any chance that the PD engineered values get shown in the correct color? because MW charge amounts show red if the cpaacitor is also decreased. While correctly would be capacitor capacity in red and charge value in blue.

    And Weapon mods affecting projectile speed (focussed(Long range) should also show the projectile speed number in blue color.


    also, will, the old design stay? I really prefer the old one, because the old one showes the the values of modles right nxt to the modules and gets everything on one screen. And seeing all Info at once is better than the new one in my opinion. The new one clusters relevant info apart and doesn't even shows them unless I have to click on the modules themselves which isn't nice for a whole overview. it is actually one of the reaons I use the shipyard over coriolis.

  8. #848
    I think the new design is better in my opinion, i can easily see the differences between modules, i don't know about the other people, i also like the new way the info is being shown, modules on the left, ship outfitting in the middle, module info on the right and overall stats at the bottom, i also love the experimental feature, so yeah i approve this new build, i'll definitely stick with this one, keep up the good work

  9. #849
    Prefer the new one as well, good overview. Just a working mobile version where you can edit your build and not just look at it would be great

  10. #850
    Originally Posted by Devil Ownpag View Post (Source)
    I think the new design is better in my opinion, i can easily see the differences between modules, i don't know about the other people, i also like the new way the info is being shown, modules on the left, ship outfitting in the middle, module info on the right and overall stats at the bottom, i also love the experimental feature, so yeah i approve this new build, i'll definitely stick with this one, keep up the good work
    The issue with the new build is that all parameters of the equippied items are hidden and you can only show a single one. And this makes experimenting with comparison a lot more complicated. In the current one you can simply use any ship with 2 or more slots for wepaons of the same size and add engineering effects for easy visual comparison

    like this

    http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=B0_0,F...8c0mpW2Uc003w0

    you also easily get the different effects shown.

    and if you store your real ship from ingame which isn't finsihed in engineering the new gui doesn't amkes it isntantly visible which still require engineering, But the way the shieldbooster effects are listed below each other witht the % shown is ver ynice to get a quick info for all values. Thats why I just hope the old one stays but gets experimentals added in some way.

    Also, tinkering with the ships is easier in the old one. If I have an idea in mind, I slap it together, if I end up realising It has too much power consumption, the simple coplumn of each modules power consumption makes it easier to see what module consumes what amount of power and where I can and might save some power. The new one will requiring to click into every component first to see what energy they consume and also I can instantly see which modules are engineered to affect power. The new one simply makes this not possible and a LOT more of click effort to get this information.

    the old one simply shows 100% information, the new one hides most information.

    So technically the old one is superior, while the new one surely is visually more appealing and as you said, more mobile friendly.

  11. #851
    Originally Posted by Lily from anim.o.v.e View Post (Source)
    So technically the old one is superior, while the new one surely is visually more appealing and as you said, more mobile friendly.
    More mobile friendly? For looking at your build sure. But you can't edit your build on mobile at all, or is that just me?

  12. #852
    The new design will of course support mobile interfaces, that just comes a little later after the basics are in place.

    Regarding power draw, there are toggles in the upper right of the center build panel to display mass, power and price of fitted modules; they're off by default because the new layout is wider, but you can turn them on for exactly that purpose of quickly seeing the heaviest or most power hungry modules.

    Regarding other module attribute comparisons, a form of that will be coming; it may not show *every* attribute because that really takes a ton of screen space, but it should hopefully let you see the most important attributes at a glance.

  13. #853
    I just engineered my 3D Shield Generator for exploring and recognized a bug (or I overlooked something).

    Blueprint: Enhanced, Low Power Shield Generator
    Level: 5 (maxed)

    In EDSY the maximum hull mass stat goes down what leads to the warning, that I can't use the 3D Shield Gen anymore (as it gets below 400t). But ingame, the maximum hull mass value doesn't change at all when applying this blueprint, it stays at 413t.

    Some screens highlighting the problem:


    Maximum hull Mass at 413t:

    Changed Values after upgrading:

    It seems to be that EDSY changes values that are not included in the 3.0 blueprints (e.g. maximum hull mass):

    http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=C6...c,EXPLORACONDA

  14. #854
    Originally Posted by Nerix View Post (Source)
    I just engineered my 3D Shield Generator for exploring and recognized a bug (or I overlooked something).<snip>
    Well, surely this belongs in the bug report forum. Maximum mass is an expression of optimal mass, so if one changes so does the other. What's incorrect is the reported maximum mass in-game. Or they've decided to change that dependency for some reason.

    It would be interesting to know if it's only a stat display bug, ie. if you can fit those shields on that ship again after putting them in storage, but I'll understand if you don't feel like trying.

  15. #855
    I engineered the shields while equipped to the ship, they seem to work. But I didn't left the base and now I'm offline. Will test it next time and will report

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 525556575859 ... LastLast