Page 59 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1919

Thread: 10% module sell penalty?!

  1. #871
    Loskene is offline
    This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Loskene's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    Use the report post button.
    I'm not sure what the fixation is with shutting down discussion here once someone arbitrarily decides that everyone is "done"
    Bad habit, says I. This has been a very progressive discussion so far and we still have to wait for actual dev input to find out if the issue can be resolved to mutual satisfaction or not. Burying the talk will do nobody any favours.

  2. #872
    Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    And then people wonder why every game feels exactly the same rush to the min/max setup.
    Again you are missing the point here. This change will increase the tendency for people to min/max a ship setup. Changing, experimenting, finding their own personal way will be punitively taxed. Thus people will go to the internets, find the 'uber best Python/Vulture/Cobra for RES/Trade/CZ' and spec into that. And that will be that. Surely this is obvious as a consequence?

  3. #873
    Originally Posted by Rauminen View Post (Source)
    Think again. I've tested 1.3. There are NO PIRATE SHIPS IN RES. Virtually. There's like 2 when you come in to High Intensity ones. Then you can mine freely.

    Even then that 5 mil a trip means 1-3 HOURS of real time play on your part per "trip". Now how do you feel about having 3 "trips" just to reorganize your loadout? Having to "grind" for a DAY IN REAL TIME for no reason? Would you define that as having fun? I would certainly not.
    Then we can both agree the issue you should be complaining about is that you have to "grind" to get money. Prices shouldn't be balanced around flawed gameplay, they should be balanced around ideal gameplay.

  4. #874
    Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    I'm not sure what the fixation is with shutting down discussion here once someone arbitrarily decides that everyone is "done"
    Bad habit, says I. This has been a very progressive discussion so far and we still have to wait for actual dev input to find out if the issue can be resolved to mutual satisfaction or not. Burying the talk will do nobody any favours.

    I absolutely agree, but again it's a tendency of certain long term members when they feel their 'superior' knowledge of 'what the game is meant to be' is not being respected. They pull the dad move and start using phrases like 'end of discussion'

  5. #875
    Originally Posted by Renegade Roach View Post (Source)
    Again you are missing the point here. This change will increase the tendency for people to min/max a ship setup. Changing, experimenting, finding their own personal way will be punitively taxed. Thus people will go to the internets, find the 'uber best Python/Vulture/Cobra for RES/Trade/CZ' and spec into that. And that will be that. Surely this is obvious as a consequence?
    I agree completely with this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by Renegade Roach View Post (Source)
    I absolutely agree, but again it's a tendency of certain long term members when they feel their 'superior' knowledge of 'what the game is meant to be' is not being respected. They pull the dad move and start using phrases like 'end of discussion'
    There's always the "This conversation dramatically illustrates how unpopular my opinion is, better shut it down" option also.

  6. #876
    ok - assuming most are of the NO campaign - whats the best way to communicate this to FD?

  7. #877
    Originally Posted by lovely lovely View Post (Source)
    ok - assuming most are of the NO campaign - whats the best way to communicate this to FD?
    This near 1000 post thread ?

  8. #878
    Loskene is offline
    This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Loskene's Avatar
    Originally Posted by lovely lovely View Post (Source)
    ok - assuming most are of the NO campaign - whats the best way to communicate this to FD?
    I thought this was the best way to communicate it to FD. Is there a more direct channel they haven't told us about?

  9. #879
    Originally Posted by lovely lovely View Post (Source)
    ok - assuming most are of the NO campaign - whats the best way to communicate this to FD?
    I assume this thread, and others like it are sufficient.

    However, if this goes live, I propose torches and pitchforks as we chase Frontier to the windmill on the outskirts of town.

  10. #880
    This change makes sense but what doesn't make sense is the tiny one liner used to communicate it at the bottom of a massive change log.

    As a guy that flies an Anaconda with 460 million worth held in internals 10% sell loss is a BIG DEAL to me. Thankfully I've now been made aware, many people will miss that change completely.

    The scroll of changes needs to be broken up into something more meaningful and readable. Consider laying out your change log in a more readable manner please.

    EDIT - Also consider implementing a storage function BEFORE you make this 10% loss change so that we can outfit our multi-purpose ships however we need without constantly losing out. If it stands as it does now you know it would be cheaper for me to own 2 separate Anacondas, one for trade and one for combat. That really does not make sense.

    Also consider that this change forces players to be conservative with their outfitting and not test various options, if they know they are losing out.

  11. #881
    Originally Posted by Skuli View Post (Source)
    I assume this thread, and others like it are sufficient.

    However, if this goes live, I propose torches and pitchforks as we chase Frontier to the windmill on the outskirts of town.

    I will dispatch Murray, my battle cat to Cambridge. Murray is a trained killer or mice and other small prey, he will convince them of the error of their way!!!!!!

  12. #882
    Originally Posted by Renegade Roach View Post (Source)
    Again you are missing the point here. This change will increase the tendency for people to min/max a ship setup. Changing, experimenting, finding their own personal way will be punitively taxed. Thus people will go to the internets, find the 'uber best Python/Vulture/Cobra for RES/Trade/CZ' and spec into that. And that will be that. Surely this is obvious as a consequence?
    No, I don't miss your point here. Goal of effortless experimenting is to find min/max. No, this will increase people trying to understand their choices and pick and choose what they have at this point, not aimlessly look around for next best setup.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by Skuli View Post (Source)
    I assume this thread, and others like it are sufficient.

    However, if this goes live, I propose torches and pitchforks as we chase Frontier to the windmill on the outskirts of town.
    I will sound as broken record, but this won't change.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

  13. #883
    Originally Posted by {SAS}Stalker View Post (Source)
    Where has any of this been stated?

    Not having a go but I have an RSS feed of Dev posts and not once have I seen this stated.
    Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    I haven't seen the first-hand info either but I do recall someone saying they don't want people to be able to stockpile commodities in ships or stations for later use. Whether this extends to ship equipment too only frontier can tell us.
    It was repeatedly stated during the DDF (check the Multiple ships threads) that storage would not be an option due to the possibility of bypassing events (like say a fuel shortage) - however by the end of the threads we (DDF) pretty much argued the case for a small amount of storage for components and FD said they would consider it. Now admittedly that was 2 years ago and FD may well have changed their minds but I have not seen anything to the contrary - ergo it's still a possibility, perhaps just something they have not got round to yet

  14. #884
    Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    I will sound as broken record, but this won't change.

    This may be true.

  15. #885
    Originally Posted by andrak View Post (Source)
    This change makes sense but what doesn't make sense is the tiny one liner used to communicate it at the bottom of a massive change log.

    As a guy that flies an Anaconda with 460 million worth held in internals 10% sell loss is a BIG DEAL to me. Thankfully I've now been made aware, many people will miss that change completely.

    The scroll of changes needs to be broken up into something more meaningful and readable. Consider laying out your change log in a more readable manner please.
    There is a bit of past form in the matter of dropping potentially unpopular news in such a way as to hopefully be missed by most people.

Page 59 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4955565758596061626369 ... LastLast