Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Vocal Response Pack - English - Female

Originally Posted by Gomisan View Post (Source)
    A new update has been released, we're up over 230 audio samples now!

Is it better for people if I update the first post or keep adding posst at the end?
    Suggest you update the first post, latest version kept at the top

I would like it if there was not a version number in front of the samples, being able to sort the list would be good.

The list.txt could be a version history instead.

One other thing, lots of things in the game are toggles, Flight Assist, Cargo Scoop etc but the voices are for either on or off, could we get some generic ones like just saying "Flight Assist" or something?

I would like it if there was not a version number in front of the samples, being able to sort the list would be good.
    The files are roughly grouped into sections such as Navigation, Weapons, Shields and so forth and that is what the prefix numbers are there for, to keep the commands grouped.

I'm hesitant to change the names of existing commands as that may impact on people who are already using the pack, however I could provide an index of sorts.

eg 011 is Weapons Prefix.

Any updates to the actual files are NOT versioned, this is so they are a direct overwrite. If it's a variation of a file then it will have a suffix eg: 01, 02

One other thing, lots of things in the game are toggles, Flight Assist, Cargo Scoop etc but the voices are for either on or off, could we get some generic ones like just saying "Flight Assist" or something?
    That's good feedback. I personally use multiple commands so I can do an Off and an On, but I will include generic versions!

Oh, I had incorrectly assumed they were version numberings, if there is a pattern to them then that's fine and I'll figure out what they are

Originally Posted by Avigrace View Post (Source)
    We've added 'Flight Assist' and some more generic style commands. There are a few more recorded and still to be edited and included but we will be looking at another recording session down the track to respond to feedback, so please dont stop making suggestions!

We've added 'Flight Assist' and some more generic style commands. There are a few more recorded and still to be edited and included but we will be looking at another recording session down the track to respond to feedback, so please dont stop making suggestions!
    Brilliant service, thank you for providing continual updates. Take care and Elite!

Thank you!

This is a great pack for adding that extra dimension to the game! Really easy to sort out and I am loving it!

Instruction?

Newbee question. Can you tell us what to do with the zip file? Where do these audio files go and how to switch them on/off or tie them to the buttons etc
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Bomber View Post (Source)
    Newbee question. Can you tell us what to do with the zip file? Where do these audio files go and how to switch them on/off or tie them to the buttons etc
    Thanks
    The definitive VoiceAttack threads and setup introduction below may prove useful. Commander Flaks Voice Controlling Elite: Dangerous - A Guide is truly extraordinary. I’d recommend downloading and utilising a predefined profile kindly made available by fellow Commanders which you can further customise to suit you specifically. You’ll need to extract the zipped file; I use 7-zip file manager.

Once you’ve acquired a profile you can import through the dropdown options under profile (top left hand side of the main VoiceAttack menu). If you want to apply a new sound, edit a command (first icon top left-centre of main window) double-click on command (edit profile window) and select other on the left hand side of the edit command window, next you’ll need to scroll down (other stuff window dropdown) to select play a sound and select browse for application icon to locate a new sound clip. Please do persevere it’ll be second nature in no time, VoiceAttack is beyond revolutionary. Take care and Elite!

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12857

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18174

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr4e3zdY1k

Thanks

Thanks for those links and advice INaeem just what I was looking for.
    It gets lonely on those long galaxy flights u need a female voice to keep u alert:smilie:
    These audio files are just the ticket.

Thanks for jumping in with those tips. Life here has been pretty hectic and last night my roof started leaking, so today which was meant to be dedicated to the Voice Pack is now dedicated to roof repairs instead.

I am planning on including with the files a VA profile ready to go, though it will be dependent on where you unzip the audio to.

Instructions are also in teh works.

lastly... I've identified some gaps in the responses, if you have particular phrases you'd liek to hear, speak up now! Send me a PM or add to this thread and I'll include them in my script for another recording session.

Thanks for jumping in with those tips. Life here has been pretty hectic and last night my roof started leaking, so today which was meant to be dedicated to the Voice Pack is now dedicated to roof repairs instead.

I am planning on including with the files a VA profile ready to go, though it will be dependent on where you unzip the audio to.

Instructions are also in teh works.

lastly... I've identified some gaps in the responses, if you have particular phrases you'd liek to hear, speak up now! Send me a PM or add to this thread and I'll include them in my script for another recording session.
    Good luck with the roof and hopefully a period of calm weather. No worriers take your time.

Roof fixed, and a new version has been uploading while I edited and tidied up the first post.

Update emails will be sent out shortly.

Glad you got roof fixed before the big downpours we had yesterday.

Just downloading pack now, nice selection of phrases and sounds better than some automated American MS Anna.

I was using GB Hazel which was better than Anna anyway.

Have added the wav's to the majority of my commands.

Still missing "Power to Engines" etc, you have comments for redirecting power to Shields and Weapons but not engines.

I had to make up a couple using two comments ie "Navigation" and "Off" but found you need to add a 1 second pause between or you just get "off".

No problem but took me a couple of minutes to work out why it was only saying on or off.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast