Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 221

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.4.09

  1. #61
    Originally Posted by Cmdr P. Majster View Post (Source)
    Also with the updates I bought the game 2 weeks ago an already had 2 updates cool unlike other open world games I have (subnautica) where you wait months for an update for it to be pushed back another month then it breaks the game when installed.
    I don't want to rob you of your illusion, but ... let's say, prepare for some waiting.

  2. #62
    Hi Ed,

    Thank you for update. I am on PS4. It seems the update is now live (?) But I must wait for 1.13 patch to be available on the PS4 before I can play again? Just trying to clarify as I am anxious to get back in (took the day off with plans to conquer the known universe and now I am down for the count :-( I am not familiar with Sony update process but, can we expect the client update soon or? (this is a naive question perhaps but, when you do these patches is it possible to make them backward compatible so that we can get the downloads days in advance of the server update and then, once you do your thing on the servers we're already ready to go? This gap between you are ready to go but I can't play because I do not have the front end update seems rather silly in the absence of more information.)

    Thank you for all you do. I an new to ED and enjoying it very much.


    Just to clarify: I am on the internet, I am connected to Sony, there is no 1.13 patch. Unless something is unique to me, my presumption is that the entire PS4 community is locked out now for ~70 minutes and counting.

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT for PS4 USERS: I was playing another game waiting for PS4 to tell me that it was downloading the 1.13 update but it never came. I finally grew bored and launched ED and immediately it told me that it was downloading 1.13. So, apparently, way to trigger update more quickly it is to launch ED. (I did do this at the 45 minute mark and no such update occurred however; only now at the 75 minute mark).

  3. #63
    I wish you could do something with how the mission board works! I still can't load them on my regular connection.

  4. #64
    Post your dream patch notes, I'll go first.

    - fixed bug where selling commodities and/or decrementing a quantity no longer makes any sound
    - fixed bug where dark rectangular patches appear on planet surfaces
    - fixed various issues with wing beacon mechanics as described so eloquently by ElectricZ over here
    - fixed bugs where SRV rolls forward and ship accelerates in supercruise when entering camera suite
    - allowed various warning alarms such as "overheating" to filter through to the camera suite
    - fixed "popping" star textures during slow fly-by
    - fixed "streamlining" of bobblehead livery which means they can no longer be easily re-positioned
    - fixed numerous bugs with inbox messages overwriting each other or otherwise being unreadable/inaccessible
    - fixed issue with exaggerated SRV damage in multi-player instances
    - fixed issues with visual effects such as stellar ejecta rotating with your ship/head movement rather than staying fixed to the game world

    Err, yeah ... that'll do.

  5. #65

  6. #66
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

    2.4.09 is now live... the downtime is expected to be 15 minutes, or maybe slightly longer for those on PS4.

    On PS4 this update will appear as 1.13. We are looking in to getting these numbers to match in future, in order to avoid confusion. Thanks!

    The update contains a number of bug fixes.

    Thanks!

    Ed
    Always leave them wanting more.

  7. #67
    I'm guessing that the lack of a list of fixes implies that this may be fixes or additional content for things we're not supposed to know about yet. Which is more-or-less what Agony Aunt said earlier.

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Post your dream patch notes, I'll go first.

    - fixed bug where selling commodities and/or decrementing a quantity no longer makes any sound
    - fixed bug where dark rectangular patches appear on planet surfaces
    - fixed various issues with wing beacon mechanics as described so eloquently by ElectricZ over here
    - fixed bugs where SRV rolls forward and ship accelerates in supercruise when entering camera suite
    - allowed various warning alarms such as "overheating" to filter through to the camera suite
    - fixed "popping" star textures during slow fly-by
    - fixed "streamlining" of bobblehead livery which means they can no longer be easily re-positioned
    - fixed numerous bugs with inbox messages overwriting each other or otherwise being unreadable/inaccessible
    - fixed issue with exaggerated SRV damage in multi-player instances
    - fixed issues with visual effects such as stellar ejecta rotating with your ship/head movement rather than staying fixed to the game world

    Err, yeah ... that'll do.
    They're fixing all the planetary surfaces in Q1 of Beyond by totally revamping the part of the game that creates them. Working on a separate patch now would be kinda wasted effort, but think of Q1 as the patch for that one. :-)

    Wing beacon mechanics will also likely get an overhaul when they release related content in Beyond (wing missions are incoming, among other stuff.)

    Other than that, I don't think I've seen any of these bugs in game myself. Not saying they're not there, but it's not happening to everyone. Have you done bug reports on them?

  9. #69
    Oh goody,

    Another night of patch, wait for it to freeze, clear the IE Browser and try again.

    But heck if it makes the game close down properly when I need it to, I'm willing to do it.

  10. #70
    Cheers for the update! Downloading .. but how mysterious of you, Monsignor Ambassadore.

  11. This is the last staff post in this thread. #71
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Will we be getting more detailed patch notes later Ed?
    Currently not. There are some small behind the scenes improvements that will be unnoticeable and some tweaks to purchasable cosmetics that weren't working quite as intended.

    Thanks!

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by Lucifera Danzig View Post (Source)
    They're fixing all the planetary surfaces in Q1 of Beyond by totally revamping the part of the game that creates them. Working on a separate patch now would be kinda wasted effort, but think of Q1 as the patch for that one. :-)
    The dark patches have survived numerous iterations of the planetary surface tech so I'd place good money on them surviving Q1 unless tackled specifically.

    Wing beacon mechanics will also likely get an overhaul when they release related content in Beyond (wing missions are incoming, among other stuff.)
    Again, the specific wing beacon issues in question have been around since 2.1 (over a year now) so I think they're likely to survive through the Beyond updates unless tackled specifically.

    Other than that, I don't think I've seen any of these bugs in game myself. Not saying they're not there, but it's not happening to everyone. Have you done bug reports on them?
    Oh yes ... they're all "classic" bugs that have been reported many times by many people (with the possible exception of moving bobbleheads around, which is my own personal little crusade).

    This is all slightly tongue in cheek (love FD + HUGE fan of the game) but I saw an opportunity to write this list and I took it!

  13. #73

  14. #74
    Originally Posted by Deep Thought 42 View Post (Source)
    Anyone know how big the pc download is ?
    About this big...


  15. #75
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    some tweaks to purchasable cosmetics that weren't working quite as intended.
    GASP! Please tell me I can now re-position my alphabet bobbleheads. Please please please Santa ... it's all I want for christmas! (well, that and a recurve bow and arrow but hopefully my wife is handling that one).

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast