Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26293031323336 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Crime Update Rules and Feedback

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    So a niche for small cheap ships to run planetary scan missions?

I suppose the get away car ship should be a junker
    More like a local anarchy or unaligned port is gonna have a storage bay for a scanner ship.

Pick up mission - get ship - do mission - get other ship - hand in.

But I think its asinine that Trespass isn't just a Fine and not a Bounty.

I thought they were going to leave fines as is, easy to pay off and implement this new bounties system?

I'm not a fan of the bounty system. It's an annoyance for bounty hunting. 100 cr bounty for a stray shot (btw, SLF still count as clean when launched from wanted ships). The amount is beyond trivial, but it is an annoyance. Go find an interstellar whatever? Okay. I open the map and use the filter for that. Literally no system in the entire bubble lights up.

Quick Question - If we absolutely cannot afford (worst case scenerio) the detention centre fee - are we screwed forever on that game? That doesn't quite seem fair as it implies adding permadeath to the game; which is not what i signed up for.

Originally Posted by nathdixon92 View Post (Source)
    You're trespassing on an organisation's private property and then hacking into their systems; committing industrial espionage and then stealing classified data. That i believe is a very serious crime.
    Arguable, depending on your political outlook. But even if I accept this as a crime, it still isn't murder.

Someone, in one of these threads, suggested a three tier system - petty, minor, major, with only major crimes carrying the neccessity to use the IF to clear your ship, petty fines and minor bounties could be paid off at a station wihout having to clear your ship.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #455
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

A little heads up! The Interstellar Factors are off their faces on Onion Head, charging premiums to clean ships based on ship rebuy cost. This is wrong. They're meant to base the premium on the bounty value.

This should be fixed in the coming days of the beta.

The formula they will use is going to be:

+10% of the total bounty/fine value for the faction per level of Notoriety.

This will mean that *non* murder crimes will only be marginally effected as they tend to be very small mounts (the real penalty for assault is that the bounty allows other ships to attack legitimately).

Murder crimes can get significantly pumped up by notoriety, but still nothing like what the IF is currently charging.

In addition, if you are prepared to wait until your Notoriety decays, you can pay the bounty/fine at its original value (which could still be significant if your crime spree included murder).

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

A little heads up! The Interstellar Factors are off their faces on Onion Head, charging premiums to clean ships based on ship rebuy cost. This is wrong. They're meant to base the premium on the bounty value.

This will mean that *non* murder crimes will only be marginally effected as they tend to be very small mounts (the real penalty for assault is that the bounty allows other ships to attack legitimately).

Murder crimes can get significantly pumped up by notoriety, but still nothing like what the IF is currently charging.

In addition, if you are prepared to wait until your Notoriety decays, you can pay the bounty/fine at its original value (which could still be significant if your crime spree included murder).
    thanx sandro this was driving me nuts i wanted to work for Interstellar factors when i grow up

Thanks for the clarification, Sandy

And for all your and your colleagues hard work!

Hello Commanders!

That's it, no more onion head for those pesky IF contacts

Thanks for clarification Sandro!

Hi Sandro,

Are you going to be looking into missions which generate bounties?

The situation with them seems a little broken at the moment with a player able to pick up a mission issued by the station owning faction only to become wanted by completing the mission.

The case in point was a surface scan mission which resulted in a tress pass bounty. I was able to turn in the mission with all "smiles" and "thank yous" for all the hard work blah blah blah.

But then was then told we don't like dealing with criminals like you and was unable to pick up any more missions for the faction I had just completed it for, or any other for that matter.

I'm sure that this is not the only case where this would happen as there are many other mission types which could cause the same outcome.

Originally Posted by Syrike View Post (Source)
    The situation with them seems a little broken at the moment with a player able to pick up a mission issued by the station owning faction only to become wanted by completing the mission.
    Does it still do that in Beta2? I did not have time for play-testing yesterday, but according to patch notes for B2 it should not happen:

Factions will no longer send you to scan their own Data Points for a Planetary Scan mission

Sandro, you know you could have saved us what, 20 pages of arguing if you had told us sooner ?

A little heads up! The Interstellar Factors are off their faces on Onion Head, charging premiums to clean ships based on ship rebuy cost. This is wrong. They're meant to base the premium on the bounty value.....
    So okay, is this why last night I murdered 3 commanders and had a 30,000 pilot federation bounty in my Chieftan, with a ~$5M rebuy - and to clear that at an IF it was $2.3M - are we saying that was the bug and it should be something like say $50k, etc? (something FAR less than that $2.3M?) If so whew, that seemed a bit, uh, steep.

As a career PvP pirate I can't say I'm too happy about the changes, specifically the rarity of IF contacts. Is that something that's going to be changed? Really my biggest issue is around non-murder C&P. Sure, if I kill someone send ATR after me and make my life hell. But for just shooting them the penalties shouldn't be that much stiffer than they are in 2.4 production. Granted I need to play with it more, so maybe I'm missing something, but as it is now it seems that PvP piracy is gone which is hugely disappointing. I just hope you guys change the marketing pages to reflect this - if piracy is going to be advertised then it should be possible.

~X

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    Sandro, you know you could have saved us what, 20 pages of arguing if you had told us sooner ?
    Even devs are just human and enjoy a bit of someone else's suffering

Think the fine for murder should increase more than 10% per notoriety level to pay it off or its going to be peanuts to pay them off.

Hello Commanders!

Hi Sandro,

Although I thought the actual numbers were skew whiff, I *really* don't have an issue with being charged a premium to clean ships. After all, if bounties can be cleaned too easily, then Bounties remain meaningless still IMHO.

My main issues was just the *size* of the premium for non-murder bounties, compared to murder bounties, & the speed/severity of authority responses to non-murder bounties (I think they should respond slower).

So, when you go to "fix" this issue, could you consider maybe retaining certain aspects of the current system, albeit with significantly toned down premiums?

Thanks in advance.

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26293031323336 ... LastLast