Page 1 of 18 1235 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Dev Update - 12.02.2015

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Dev Update - 12.02.2015

Hi everyone,

This week saw the public release for 1.1. There were a few more issues than we'd expect with a release - having reviewed what happened we are confident that its a one off and that we will resume 'normal service' going forward. The issues were promptly addressed in minor updates, and we thank those affected for their patience and understanding. The test server and beta forum will be closed until we start the next beta phase for 1.2.

The focus for a large proportion of the team is now for the 1.2 update. There will be an in depth feature on the Wings functionality in the next couple of weeks and I’ll post the link to that when it’s available. In the meantime we’re also adding other new features and content. The galaxy map will be seeing an update beyond what I mentioned in last week’s post with more visible indications for player’s ships, mission markers, wing markers and friends locations displayed in the map. These changes will also be applied the system map.

Update 1.2 will also contain two new playable ships – there will be more information on these in coming newsletters. These are two of our originally planned ships so aren’t part of the five additional ships mentioned in a previous newsletter.

Progress on the Mac build continues and it will require OS X Yosemite (version 10.10).

If you want to provide input on the API requirements discussion then this weekend is your last opportunity to do so. There’s already been some excellent contributions that we’re looking forward to reviewing in more detail. You can contribute to the thread here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99437

Thanks!

Michael

Yay for the 2 new ships in 1.2.

Awesome! New ships, I totally called it

Any update on the 'not able to outfit' problems?

(edit: and thanks for the great work!)

Originally Posted by Ervig View Post (Source)
    Yes...over here:

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    This should be fixed later this afternoon.

Michael

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    Originally Posted by Ervig View Post (Source)
    It should be fixed later this afternoon.

Michael

The new ships idea is cool, sadly Im more concerned with heaing if Joe Hannigan and team are working to fix the sound issues many of us are having.
    But still, new ships Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sounds great! Thumbs up for the new wings and map functions. This will definitely add to the game and make multiplayer much better. I am also eager to take a look at the new ships.
    And thank you for the update on the mac version. Going with the latest OS is surely a good choice. Cant wait to get my fingers on the mac beta.

Status of the customer support, when will it be operational? How about the issue of exploding ships and refunds? Why is it so hard to get a refund for a known bug outside the mass refunds?

Originally Posted by Bacon Sarnie View Post (Source)
    The new ships idea is cool, sadly Im more concerned with heaing if Joe Hannigan and team are working to fix the sound issues many of us are having.
    But still, new ships Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Well, Joe posted this earlier this afternoon:

Originally Posted by Joe Hogan View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone.

Thanks so much for all the tickets, video/audio clips, and private messages. It is very helpful, please keep them coming.

Unfortunately I am struggling to keep up with the sheer volume of replies to this thread, so if posting videos and ticket numbers, please don’t forget to PM them to me as well, and that way I will definitely see it (even if I don’t reply), and can keep track of them too.

Please read my original reply ^^^ if you haven’t already.

Thanks once again for the feedback and for caring so much about the audio.

So the Vulture and what?

Awesome!!! Very exciting news indeed.

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

Update 1.2 will also contain two new playable ships

Michael
    YES! Happyness Level OVER 9000!!!

Attachment 14668

Originally Posted by Iain M Norman View Post (Source)
    So the Vulture and what?
    Fer de lance perhaps?

Thank you very very much Michael.
    Loving every inch & second of Elite

Page 1 of 18 1235 Last