Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Love the FDL so far BUT...

Love the FDL so far BUT...

There is one problem with it:

I had the same "WOW, too good to be true" moment that i had entering the Python when it got available first

Maybe i just didn't test enough so far and have yet to find it's weak spot.
    Yes, most likely that's it.

Originally Posted by Jorlin View Post (Source)
    There is one problem with it:

I had the same "WOW, too good to be true" moment that i had entering the Python when it got available first

Maybe i just didn't test enough so far and have yet to find it's weak spot.
    Yes, most likely that's it.
    Smallish power plant compared to weapon loads, and basically no cargo space, it's only got room for a suitcase.

3. This is the last staff post in this thread. #3
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

Don't tell anyone about the fact it's hull is a bit more resistant to smaller weapons than any other ship (one of the benefits of only using the most expensive materials, I guess).

Originally Posted by Rall View Post (Source)
    Smallish power plant compared to weapon loads, and basically no cargo space, it's only got room for a suitcase.
    If the FdL only has room for a suitcase, then the Vulture has barely enough room for a coffee-cup holder and a four-box of doughnuts From its specs, the FdL isn't likely to see much use in the freight hauling business for sure, but then with firepower like that it's not going to be missing out on much (at least if/when they tweak income method parity).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

Don't tell anyone about the fact it's hull is a bit more resistant to smaller weapons than any other ship (one of the benefits of only using the most expensive materials, I guess).
    Wait, frsrsly? Now that'd be cool, some differences in ship hulls beyond bald outfitting numbers. I'm all for that

Originally Posted by JuicerPrime View Post (Source)
    If the FdL only has room for a suitcase, then the Vulture has barely enough room for a coffee-cup holder and a four-box of doughnuts From its specs, the FdL isn't likely to see much use in the freight hauling business for sure, but then with firepower like that it's not going to be missing out on much (at least if/when they tweak income method parity).
    I'm sick of hauling freight anyways - I can't wait to get off work and try her out.

anyone know where i can get a Fer de lance?

I'm sick of hauling freight anyways - I can't wait to get off work and try her out.
    She's a beautiful-looking ship, and that bridge So much eye candy. There's some worrying signs that the price is going to be astronomical for the hull tonnage, and there's a few concerns with the hardpoints-versus-power distribution numbers as well as the small cargo bay, but if things work out then it'll be a status symbol ship for sure...with a real set of teeth

Originally Posted by tiga76 View Post (Source)
    anyone know where i can get a Fer de lance?
    At the moment all the ships are available in Dalton Gateway station in the LHS 3447 system. Be prepared for the long haul when it comes to station arrival, you'll drop in 109,000 LS from the inhabited star

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

didn't even get to notice that... didn't lose shields so far

Originally Posted by JuicerPrime View Post (Source)
    She's a beautiful-looking ship, and that bridge So much eye candy. There's some worrying signs that the price is going to be astronomical for the hull tonnage, and there's a few concerns with the hardpoints-versus-power distribution numbers as well as the small cargo bay, but if things work out then it'll be a status symbol ship for sure...with a real set of teeth

At the moment all the ships are available in Dalton Gateway station in the LHS 3447 system. Be prepared for the long haul when it comes to station arrival, you'll drop in 109,000 LS from the inhabited star
    Putting my money on the FDL being disgustingly expensive, between the Python and the Anaconda. At that point, why choose the FDL over the conda? If you've got enough cash to make that decision, you're only a bit away from the conda anyway.

You can find it in the Founder systems too if you have access.

well, i don't even have cargo racks installed. there are other ships for that.
    and since i don't like beams much, the power is sufficiant for me

Originally Posted by Odan Brota View Post (Source)
    Putting my money on the FDL being disgustingly expensive, between the Python and the Anaconda. At that point, why choose the FDL over the conda? If you've got enough cash to make that decision, you're only a bit away from the conda anyway.
    Seems like it's faster and it has higher hull resistance to small weapons. I've heard it's a luxury bounty hunter. Seems right to me.

Originally Posted by Jorlin View Post (Source)
    well, i don't even have cargo racks installed. there are other ships for that.
    and since i don't like beams much, the power is sufficiant for me
    I don't really like Beams either, please tell me C2 Bursts are back.

The FDL does look nice from the outside, but the current cockpit view means I will never fly it in the game. There is a vertical window frame that is slightly off centered and close to your main field of view, plus a horizontal bar that blocks the text of a centered target on the HUD.

Is there huge hardpoint on the bottom only intended for heavy weapons such as torpedoes? I couldn't get my beam laser to fire when mounted there. Since it's underneath towards the center of the ship, I'm now thinking it's to be used for torpedoes on bombing runs. (or maybe it's just bugged )

Page 1 of 2 12 Last