Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: KICS 4 Released - Free Voice Attack Profile for Elite

Originally Posted by Arflint View Post (Source)
    For those who haven't seen yet and were waiting for an update in this thread, KICS 4 has been released.
    Haha, I love KICS' pronunciation of the response to "crash"

Originally Posted by Micha View Post (Source)
    Great work! Downloaded

I'm very much enjoying KICS3 at present (even if I do have arguments with my ship computer now) so looking forward to trying out this upgraded package!

Thank you two so much for making this pack; the voice acting is really top-notch and overall it is definitely of commercial quality! And you should add a paypal button for donations (dunno that "tips" thing you have on your site).
    Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it! I'll implement your control mechanism in the next release to make it easier for key rebinding Micha.

Originally Posted by Arubeto View Post (Source)
    Haha, I love KICS' pronunciation of the response to "crash"
    Hehe, it was originally just shouting in Dutch, but decided to change it up a bit a put a solid word in there

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it! I'll implement your control mechanism in the next release to make it easier for key rebinding Micha.
    Turns out I'm not the first by a long shot to come up with this idea - found a thread earlier today (which I can't find again now; it was from 2014 though) where someone had configured VA in precisely the same way as I did..

- Micha |CMDR Myshka Kronosky|Asp Explorer "Alacritious"|Distant Worlds CMDR #254|

KICS 4.1 is now available.

This will probably be the last update from me on KICS for some time, perhaps even never to return. To everyone that has contributed, given feedback and just generally been awesome, thank you very much!

Changelog:

1. Transferred all key bindings out of commands. To adjust key bindings in VoiceAttack you will now only need to adjust them once under the "Key Bindings" category.
    2. Added a few new sounds and voice recordings. (Props to Stian Hegglund for the Icarus distress beacon)
    3. Added UI panel voice control.
    4. Added some explorer commands:
      • Discover - Scan system for objects (primary fire 6sec)
      • Next object - Select next object in target panel
      • Pan and scan - Frame shift, system map and once jump complete, system scan
      • Frame shift and map - Frame shift and display system map

5. Added Launch from outpost bay and hangar commands (you may need to change the timings on these)
    6. Added message dictation commands. This is pretty [crap] though.
    7. Some other minor tweaks.

Hey folks,

I’ve decided to pursue other interests (woodcarving-I-[crap]-you-not) and as such will not be renewing the hosting for Ripley Galactic when it’s due on Apr 18, 2016. The the site will no longer exist after that date, a year since it’s inception.

KICS was just a side project/hobby, spurred on when I first tried the Anubis voice pack for Elite and thought “Man that’s cool”. I feel that I managed to achieve the goal of creating something functional and sorta alright with the help of my SO and make it free. I use KICS myself and hope that some of you enjoy using it. I’m not sure how long it will stay relevant or functional with the updates that come into the game or VoiceAttack, but I have seen some of you do some amazing things with the profile, expanding on and improving it – thus it may just hold on a little longer.

Thanks once again to those of you who donated, it really did help pay for the hosting and I appreciate it very much. And thank you all for offering feedback, pointing out errors, giving suggestions and providing requests. You’re all awesome.

[Download it from www.ripleygalactic.com before the 18th April if you want to keep a copy]

Arflint out.

Hey folks,

I’ve decided to pursue other interests (woodcarving-I-[crap]-you-not) and as such will not be renewing the hosting for Ripley Galactic when it’s due on Apr 18, 2016. The the site will no longer exist after that date, a year since it’s inception.

Arflint out.
    Arflint, let me be the first to say thanks. You and your Superior Officer we a great combination. Thanks for the work and keeping it going. I am sure that it got a lot of people to use VA and i know for me, it was used every single day.

Hope to still see you around the galaxy at some point.

Cheers

"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
    ~-~ The A-Team Site ~-~

Originally Posted by Loriath View Post (Source)
    Arflint, let me be the first to say thanks. You and your Superior Officer we a great combination. Thanks for the work and keeping it going. I am sure that it got a lot of people to use VA and i know for me, it was used every single day.

Hope to still see you around the galaxy at some point.

Cheers
    Thanks Loriath, and thank you so much for all the help. I'll definitely still be around.

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Just notice my name in Orange , on your site , cheers and great job.. you'll be back !
    sheep[COLOR=#ff0000]R[/COLOR]dangerous .................. entropy rules
    [FONT=tahoma][B][URL="https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/369641-Off-Ship-Storage-2-4-if-not-when"][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [FONT=lucida sans unicode]Off Ship Storage 2.4 ? if not when ?[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=arial][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Quality of Life Improvement [/B][/COLOR]
    ....tactile organic thinking....
    [URL]http://i.imgur.com/IPoRYYi.png[/URL] [/FONT]

Just got the game today on PC and went looking for voice attack after seeing several Twitch streamers use it and I must say the quality and ease of use and setup of KICS is amazing. Thanks for all your hard work, I can already tell this is going to improve my experience on Elite many times over. I do have one question though, since the website will be going down soon and I doubt I'll memorize all the commands in a month, is there some way I can obtain a text list to keep as a reference?

Bummer that the site went down early. I would have loved to get a copy.
    "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life, probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

"She's a beautiful ship. Shapely, seductive. I'm gonna fly her brains out." --Captain Zapp Brannigan

Originally Posted by 1500 View Post (Source)
    Bummer that the site went down early. I would have loved to get a copy.
    Grab it here......
    http://ripleygalactic.com/kics/

Originally Posted by Rockyrocket View Post (Source)
    This site can not be reached.
    "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life, probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

"She's a beautiful ship. Shapely, seductive. I'm gonna fly her brains out." --Captain Zapp Brannigan

Originally Posted by 1500 View Post (Source)
    This site can not be reached.

Works for me?.
    As does
    http://ripleygalactic.com/

Originally Posted by Rockyrocket View Post (Source)
    Works for me?.
    As does
    http://ripleygalactic.com/
    I get

This site can’t be reached

ripleygalactic.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
    in every web browser I use (well different wording but same thing)

Edit: Perhaps its gone in some countries?

Did the same for me yesterday morning, works today, so looks like a Dns glitch that's been resolved.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast