Page 1 of 129 1236 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Win an Nvidia Geforce Titan Black in our in-game Scavenger Hunt

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Win an Nvidia Geforce Titan Black in our in-game Scavenger Hunt

Hi everyone,

Starting at 5PM GMT today, you'll find Nvidia GeForce Titan Black Prototypes in stock at one mystery starport in Elite: Dangerous' galaxy. The Titan Blacks are available in unlimited supply, but only the first five players to retrieve and sell a canister of the Titan Black prototypes to Godel Ring in the Ededleen system will be rewarded with a real Titan Black, with an RRP of £899.

To be eligible to win one of the five cards, CMDRs taking part in this competition must remain in Open Play from the moment they obtain the Titan Black, to after they have sold it at Godel Ring.

Only one prize can be claimed per person. Claimants will be verified by Frontier Developments, and the decision will be final. To claim your prize, please email community@frontier.co.uk with your Commander name in the subject line along with the words 'I sold an Nvidia Titan Black'. The winners will be judged based upon the order when the Titan Black Prototypes were sold at Godel Ring, not when the emails were received. We will make people aware on our social media channels, and the forum, once the first five canisters have been successfully delivered and verified. This is available to players worldwide.
    -----------------------------------------

Here’s the original post as seen on Galnet:

‘The NVIDIA labs, in association with Reynhardt IntelliSys, are pleased to announce that prototypes of the GeForce GTX Titan Black graphics card are now available for purchase from one exclusive outlet’. A masterpiece of engineering, the NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black represents the cutting edge of display technology. It balances a sleek design with uncompromising performance and unparalleled processing power, making the Titan Black one of the most desirable display modules in the entire galaxy.

To celebrate the pre-release of the new module, NVIDIA are offering 5 lucky pilots the opportunity to win a commercial grade GTX Titan Black. Winning the competition couldn’t be simpler. The first 5 pilots to sell a canister of NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black Prototypes back to NVIDIA HQ aboard Godel Ring will be rewarded with a commercial model as soon as they become available. The only problem is NVIDIA isn’t saying where the prototypes are being sold. Happy hunting Commanders.

Entrants must have transported the prototypes under the Pilots Federation rules of 'open play' to be eligible to win.’

-----------------------------------------

As the Galnet post says, Happy Hunting!

Ed

** UPDATE **
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Five cards have been found and validated - the winners will be announced in the newsletter (and social media) on Friday.

Excellent stuff Time to get my hauler out and about as they say.. or do they?

Oh, oh great - I'm north of Sagittarius A* and you launch this

lol

No, I am NOT going to self-destruct just for this

Any chance the station is on the other side of the Galaxy? No?
    (turns around)

Ok, they ARE sold somewhere...

If it were an AMD card I might have been interested

Genius idea . Not that I'll get one, if there were 399,999 cards available and 400,000 players I'd somehow conspire to be the one who lost out.

Smeg.

There's going to be a lot of people sat round godel ring for a while waiting to rip someone off and that someone will then feel very hard done by.

Is there a 'must not be stolen' rule

I.E. you must have bought it to be able to sell it

Originally Posted by teamkill View Post (Source)
    I think the fact they've said open play only means the whole piracy thing is very much intended.

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #13
    Originally Posted by teamkill View Post (Source)
    No. "CMDRs taking part in this competition must remain in Open Play from the moment they obtain the Titan Black, to after they have sold it at Godel Ring."

Originally Posted by spacejumbofudge View Post (Source)
    I think the fact they've said open play only means the whole piracy thing is very much intended.
    You canNOT sell a stolen item in commodities market. There may be NPC pirates around and CMDR's trolling just to have fun, but it is not possible to steal it from someone and sell it at Godel Ring to be able to win in the competition.

In other news, Godel Ring in the Ededleen system is now known as Griefers' Paradise.

Page 1 of 129 1236 ... LastLast