Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mac Beta Now live for Alpha and Beta Backers of Elite: Dangerous

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Mac Beta Now live for Alpha and Beta Backers of Elite: Dangerous

Hi everyone,

We're excited to announce that the Mac Beta is now live for those who had access to the Alpha or Beta PC phases of Elite: Dangerous.
    To download the launcher head to https://store.elitedangerous.com/ > My Account > My Downloadable Products. Those not eligible to participate in the beta will still be able to download the launcher, but they won't have access to the game.

For direct access to the Mac Launcher download: http://hosting.zaonce.net/elite/Client-Installer.dmg

Here's the bug-reporting forum: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112

There are a few things that the developers would specifically like your help with. If you could please take a look at:

• A variety of Star port types
    - We'd specifically like to find out about performance in and around these areas.
    • Supercruise and exploration
    - We'd like to know about people’s experiences when testing a variety of suns, and planet types.
    • As many different ships as possible
    - It would be good to know if you see any changes in performance for different ship cockpits, which will help us with further optimisations.

People joining the Beta test will do so with new saves (this won’t affect their non-Beta game) and reduced-price ships.

We’re aware of some stalls on Nvidia Macs the first time you encounter some areas of the game (e.g. the Galaxy Map).

When providing feedback, please provide your specs from the menu on your Mac - 'About This Mac', on the Overview tab:

Mac type
    Processor
    Memory
    Graphics

Here's a recommended spec for you:

27-inch iMac (Purchased in 2015 - Current Line)
    3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
    8GB memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M with 2GB video memory / AMD Radeon R9 M290X with 2GB video memory
    Mac OS 10.10.x (10.10.03 rec)

As with the PC beta there are a number of optimisations planned, so the final minimum spec is expected to be lower than this. We'll have that information for you as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks everyone, let us know all about your experiences in Elite: Dangerous for Mac! Exciting times.

Ed (on behalf of the Elite: Dangerous team)

Right on schedule! Thank you very much, i really appreciate all the hard work you do over there at Frontier Developments. Great job! I am looking forward to install it right away!

can't wait. It's downloading now. Will save me having to constantly reboot!

Thanks a lot. This is the day I have been waiting for since the Kickstarter. Installing right now.

Home in three hours! Counting the minutes...

Excellent. Will give it a play.

Congratulations to all you Mac users! Welcome to the Galaxy :-)

Can somebody check and report back if it works (low settings) on 13" retina macbook pro from 2013/2014?

Highly appreciated :-)

Originally Posted by Tony Spaniels View Post (Source)
    Congratulations to all you Mac users! Welcome to the Galaxy :-)
    Thank you, looking forward to meet you in the void

Originally Posted by Ulysses_W View Post (Source)
    <*sigh*>
    Tell me about it. Ignore user and move on.

Originally Posted by Frank_G View Post (Source)
    Thank you, looking forward to meet you in the void
    Absolutely! If you ever see a Cmdr T Spaniels flying about be sure to o7 ...

What's the first thing that you will do once you're up and running? You're in for a real treat man

If I may ask, my brother has a MAC, can he play with my account while I'm at work? (we live in different towns...)

IIRC the saves are, as of now, still separate, right?

A big welcome to the Mac commanders

15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #15
    Originally Posted by Komemiute View Post (Source)
    If I may ask, my brother has a MAC, can he play with my account while I'm at work? (we live in different towns...)

IIRC the saves are, as of now, still separate, right?
    Only for the beta.

Michael

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast