Page 1 of 37 1236 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Dev Update - 09.04.2015

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Dev Update - 09.04.2015

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who helped make our game the number one bestseller on Steam, and to all our players who helped welcome new Commanders into the community. Were working hard on the game, and its great for the team to see so much passion from players.

For those of you who already own Elite: Dangerous from our store and asked about getting the game in your Steam collection: we hear you and were looking into it. We cant speak for other cases where the same question has come up, but turning EliteDangerous.com customers into Steam customers unfortunately isn't 100 percent our decision and isnt free for us in the context of the games ongoing growth and development. It could take a few weeks to work through, but we hear your feedback and addressing it is a priority for all of us.

For the Mac beta weve been receiving some excellent feedback, so as always, thanks to you all for that. A new Mac beta client will be released early next week.

Looking further ahead we have the Powerplay update, the big announcement is still a couple of weeks away but I can reveal a bit more of what will form part of the wider update and that is a major overhaul for the missions system. This isnt directly part of the new Powerplay feature, but does supplement it. Weve been working on this since the games initial release to provide us with a mission system that will support the game as we keep adding new features and content and improve your experience with all missions.

Weve focused on a few clear goals for this revamp. The first is being able to provide a wider range of missions and in a method we can easily add to and increase variation within the mission type. Were also adding the ability to select mission locations and targets (where applicable) in the galaxy and system map. Greater use of the player inbox will be used to support mission branches, making them easier to manage.

One of the limitations of the current system is that missions tended to be a good option for starting players, but not so much for later on in the game. The overhaul will address this issue by making missions available for more experienced players as well as specific missions for higher ranks or status such as being a Founder level member. The system will also expand the influence of reputation on missions to reward players who build a high reputation with minor factions.

As with any major update we will take the opportunity to add some incidental improvements to the game. One such improvement is that the maximum loan value for ship rebuys will scale according to your Pilots Federation ranking, allowing a greater safety net as you progress through the game. For ship customisation you will also be able to fit more than one fuel tank to your ship although this obviously takes up space you could have used on other modules!

Thanks!

Michael

Sounds awesome, Michael, thanks... and congrats to the team on the Steam success.

Yay! Way to go. Thanks for the info. I'm expecting to see more of this. Keep up the good work!

More than 1 fuel tank! I guess this is most useful for the likes of FdL, Viper, Vulture who got tiny tanks.

Awesome update! Can't wait to see more about these mission changes!

Souds great Michael, well done on becoming the number one seller on steam, that is no mean achievment and bodes well for the future development of the game.

Wahoo ! Missions scalability ! Finally ! Great !
    But what do you mean by "such as being a Founder level member" ???

I hope we will get an update soon on live server also, with the paintjobs you teased in NL#68

I also have a question about Steam discount/promo VS Elite Store discount/promo. Will we be able to use both store ? I don't want to miss something because it's on the official store if I'm playing through Steam, or the opposite.

Thx Michael.

Excellent news on all fronts. More mission variety, changes in how they're presented, more challenging missions as you progress.. excellent!

Now, where's my pony. And a cure for cancer. And world peace. This update is sooooooo disappointing....

Mission overhaul? Winner....!!

Thanks for the update, sounds ace!

Many thanks for the update, and some very juicy stuff inside.

A first revamp step on missions is a step in the right direction at this point imo. And if this is not the main 1.3 focus as you say...I'm really intrigued to find out what will be.

Faction feature set ahoy?!

An updated mission system is what I've been waiting for. I may well start playing again.

Great to hear about better mission and being able to add more fuel. Perfect for my viper and perfect for people to be fuel tankers and make use of the fuel drones we heard about last week. The loan upgrade will be nice too but I don't suspect I will be using it a lot as I have several times my rebuy value of my ship at all times.

Really good to hear that the missions are getting some love

I suspect the explorers out there will like the ability to have multiple fuel tanks too.

One quick question if I may please, in the 1.3 update will the assassination bug be squished where by if you get offered the alternative but ignore it your target will never spawn?

Page 1 of 37 1236 ... LastLast