Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FGE Regor research voyage - 11th April 2015

FGE Regor research voyage - 11th April 2015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PYcFsrJ.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	383.0 KB 
ID:	28640

As was mentioned in the latest newsletter the First Great Expedition is setting out to do a detailed survey of the Regor system, all of the information is found in he link below

http://firstgreatexpedition.org/mybb...d.php?tid=2203

Meet up in the Lovaroju system:- grid coordinates 100 : -88 : -150 at 19:00 UTC/IGT

IGT = In Game Time

Station contact point = Vinge Hub

Our first basecamp HD 68895 system:- grid coordinates 1030 : -119 : -130

Nearest High Tech system for upgrades = HIP 21991 - Charlois City

Hope to see a lot of you guys out there! It'll be great fun. Don't be afraid to bring along a not-quite-optimised ship for exploration. As long as you have a decent jump range (20 lightyear-ish), a fuel scoop and some sort of discovery scanner you're set to go!

"The cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths, of exquisite interrelationships, of the awesome machinery of nature." - Carl Sagan, Cosmos

wish i was available to help you guys but i'm still a little far out for getting back in time to aid you intrepid explorers, If any of you are swinging by the bluthua systems on the way....

Anyway hope you map whats needed!

Originally Posted by Cmdr PeryplusErithrea View Post (Source)
    wish i was available to help you guys but i'm still a little far out for getting back in time to aid you intrepid explorers, If any of you are swinging by the bluthua systems on the way....

Anyway hope you map whats needed!
    Don't know where Bluthua is, searching in the galaxy map doesn't give any results. But we'll probably be there a couple of days at the least, so everyone's welcome to join late (or leave early.)

"The cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths, of exquisite interrelationships, of the awesome machinery of nature." - Carl Sagan, Cosmos

If all goes to plan we'll be leaving in about an hour. If any of you wants to join us but is to late to make it to the starting point you can meet us at the first base camp or friend me in game (commander name is Billy Chase) and I'll let you know where we are.

How do you plan to record/map the region that is inaccessible? Interested to see the size of the no go zone. And how many stars it contains.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Zach View Post (Source)
    How do you plan to record/map the region that is inaccessible? Interested to see the size of the no go zone. And how many stars it contains.
    We will be mapping the outside edge of the blocked area

I reached the meeting point an hour ago. It's good to see quite a few commanders out there already.

IMGUR - YOUTUBE - TWITTER - FACEBOOK - #KeepGoingZR

I'm in on this too, currently at the forward HQ. Sort of divining what our route's going to be.

I'm about 3/4 of the way to the first base camp. It's been quite an experience so far. Also wondering which way our route around Regor will go.

Just pick a random angle and direction to head around the regor sector.

I'm here now. I'm actually just going to investigate the black hole then call it a night, and start again tomorrow, seeing if anyone's around.

Still there. Just doing a simple circle of the walled off sector.

Originally Posted by VATrevelyan View Post (Source)
    Still there. Just doing a simple circle of the walled off sector.
    Yeah, same here. It seems a relatively small area so a few circuits are possible.

Here's hoping it reveals its secrets soon. My guess is it's a Human empire that formed from a Generation Ship that found a suitable home, and basically got things right and quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast