Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dastardly Trading Co Presents : The Founders 'Ultimate Gold' Trading Route & Competition (Win a ship skin pack!)

Dastardly Trading Co Presents : The Founders 'Ultimate Gold' Trading Route & Competition (Win a ship skin pack!)

AKA : The Despicable Empire Slavers Profit Route

Read On for how to win a Ship Skin Pack of your choice (Thanks to Edward Lewis Community Manager for agreeing to my suggestion!)

Dastardly Trading Co (Formerly Dastardly Exploration Co) presents the longest (that Ive seen)
    trading route for standard comodities. (No you dont need to be a founder to complete it!)

The Founders 'Ultimate Gold' Trading Route

Why did I do this?
    Well I get very bored really quickly jumping Resonating Seperators from station A to Station B, then Palladium from Station B back to Station A Repeat forever.
    I had hoped that there were some trading fortunes to be made but until the market is made more exciting (See HERE for my ideas thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135639) I tried to figure out different ways making trading more interesting and after ages trying to find A<->B routes that nobody else found I stumbled upon TradeDangerous and found some new ways to do things.

How long's the Route then?
    This whole route is a 60 selling station loop running from Founders World all the way out into Empire space and then back again. (I know theres the silk road that was also published recently, Im not copying them, Ive been working on this for a while and I was not going to be put off). It takes about 7-8 hours to complete one loop.

Aims :

• No more than two jumps per hop
    • Stations Under 1k ls fro m Jump in
    • Profit Per Jump over 1100
    • (Some compromises had to be made to get the loop to work)

Why Should I do this stupidly long route?

Ok agreed that you CAN make more credits with a simple A<->B high-tech route but :

• You are selling to 42 minor factions, I believe that trading slowly increases your faction, many people say its better to work on many factions than just one. Faction standing and Empire standing may really help when 1.3 is released
    • Its less boring and you get to see much more of the Universe
    • You get to see events such as conflicts and conventient RESs throughout the route (I found two Seeking weapons while running the route as well) that you can come back to later.
    • The credits/hour if you push it is actually pretty good (see below)
    • The route as a whole is unlikely to dry up, even if individual stations are hammered locally the route as a whole remains profitable.
    • You could win a Ship Skin Pack of your choice!

What Ship do I need?

Ok I used an Anaconda with 448 tons of cargo space (See http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=606,mp...8c7RA0720720nE )

• Yes it has a Docking computer, its (nearly) flawlessly docked me several hundred times and it gives me time to think J
    • Shields are strong enough to withstand ramming into the edge of the letterbox at full speed (4 pips no boost) or bounce collision with a T9 in the letterbox and only use 1.5 rings.
    • You can do this in any ship at all but Id recommend having a Laden Jump over 20ly or it could add a lot of jumps to your trip.

Ok Heres the Route
    http://bit.ly/1OmJcti <-- Google Docs Spreadsheet

It starts in SHINRARTA DEZHRA (Founders World) but if you dont have the permit then the route works just as well starting at KOMOVOY.
    Also its not really strictly speaking a loop as it zigzags back to other unique stations.

Some Stats

Total Credits Gained 1 Circuit, 448 Ton Anaconda 32,852,288
    Total Time to Complete Route (Using Autopilot, Not the best Pilot) 8hrs 0mins
    Total Time to Complete Route (Estimated Optimal Expert Pilot) 7hrs 0mins
    Average Credits Per Trade Hop : 1,222
    Average LS to Station : 507
    Credits/Hour (Average/Slow Pace/Autopilot) 4,106,536
    Credits/Ton/Hour (Average/Slow/Autopilot Pace) 9,166
    Credits/Hour (Quick/Optimal No Autopilot - Estimated 60 Mins Quicker) 4,693,184
    Credits/Ton/Hour (Quick/Optimal No Autopilot - Estimated 60 Mins Quicker) 10,476
    Total Light Years Travelled 1,841
    Total Light Seconds Travelled 30,943
    Credits Per Light Year 17,845
    Unique Minor Factions Sold to 42
    Unique Stations Visited 56
    Unique Systems Visited 49

Notes between Average/Slow/Autopilot Pace & Quick/Optimal No Autopilot stats :

I figure that autopilot adds around 30-45 seconds to your docking, therefore with 60 docks thats around 37.5 minutes.
    Add to that Im a pretty steady pilot and I overshoot the station a few times so I figured that added at least another 20 minutes.

Enough Already! How do I win the Ship Skin Pack?

I wanted to make it a race to complete, so that skilled pilots can test their mettle, boosting out of the letterbox to get that extra couple of seconds, plotting the best routes in supercruise But its a LONG route, and I doubt most people will be able to do it in one sitting. So Ive been thinking about how to make this fair and this is what Ive came up with :

What you have to do is complete the whole trade route in the shortest time from KOMOVOY city to SKEGGIKO O trading all the items in full along the way but you can take two breaks away from the computer so your real life does not suffer, break time does not count towards the final total.

1. The winner is the person that completes the trade route in the shortest (verified) time.
    2. However that time does not have to be in once sitting (see #6) you have to have completed the route and submitted your entry on this thread by 17:00 Galactic Standard Time 24th April 2015. Extended to 1st May 2015.
    3. You have to use full cargo loads (no skimping to get extra distance) Sidewinder, Cobra, Asp, Type-6, Type-7, Clipper, Python, Type-9 or Anaconda.
    4. You have to take a screenshot of EVERY time you sell your cargo as per Image #1 Below
    5. You have to take a second screenshot of the station home screen for EVERY station so we its confirmable that its you as per Image #2
    6. You re allowed two breaks away from the route (to sleep, eat, hug loved ones etc). In order for the break to be recognised you have to take two screenshots of the home screen, one before and one after.
    7. The person claiming the lowest time must be willing to upload all the screenshots to a gallery to be verified by me/Frontier.
    8. If there are any problems with these rules please private message me.
    9. It might be best to log your times in a spreadsheet so its easier for me
    10. Submit your Answers in this thread in this format : CMDR <commander name> Completed Trade Loop in : hh:mm
    11. Dont cheat!
    12. Its not my fault if you dont read the rules!

Image 1
    Name:  Screenshot_0017.jpg
Views: 1856
Size:  435.2 KB
    Image 2
    Name:  Screenshot_0019.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  432.8 KB

Credits :

This could not have been created without the awesome TradeDangerous
    Linky : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34986)
    Also
    Elite OCR (I scanned about 80 systems to fill in gaps)
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68771
    Thrudds
    I also created an excel spreadsheet to grab trade prices from Thrudds, parse them and and add them into my TradeDangerous database to give more data
    Http://elitetradingtool.co.uk

What's Next?
    Duno.. Maybe 120 jump route from top to bottom

at first +rep for your effort, good sir!

And then i have a question about those Screenshots, how about using some software like fraps or shadowplay to film the trip? Would that be allowed too? I do forget stuff pretty easily and i totally would forget to do one of the screenshots , making the run invalid :/

I still try it tomorrow or so but i wanted to ask first if that method would be accepted too

/edit , id be running that one in a 452 ton 21ly Anaconda, so my chances of doing that one fast are pretty good i guess

Woohoo, thanks for this great trading trip !

Trading in slaves is morally reprehensible. That this should be promoted is totally outra... - Wait a minute, chance of winning a free ship skin pack you say ? Hmmm tempting... .

Originally Posted by Eminor View Post (Source)
    Trading in slaves is morally reprehensible. That this should be promoted is totally outra... - Wait a minute, chance of winning a free ship skin pack you say ? Hmmm tempting... .
    I lol'd muchly over your shallowness

I'd like to do this run purely for the fun of it. I know I won't be the fastest so I prefer to do it without the pressure and the screenshots
    But kudos for making this spreadsheet. It's not as profitable as my rares runs but you do get to visit and affect lots of small factions so that's something.

Interesting, what happens if you have to drop cargo for a pirate?

Originally Posted by Troa Barton View Post (Source)
    Interesting, what happens if you have to drop cargo for a pirate?
    Go back and get some more or not get caught

i I hope some more people pick up on this and get involved

Props for coming up with something like this!
    The addition of the competition is a nice touch as well and I'd love to participate, but there is no way I will be back in inhabited space by the 24th.

Originally Posted by _Dastardly_ View Post (Source)
    • You have to take a screenshot of EVERY time you sell your cargo as per Image #1 Below
    • You have to take a second screenshot of the station home screen for EVERY station so we its confirmable that its you as per Image #2
    Hm, is it just me, or are there no images to look at?

Good idea, btw, but I really do no trade slaves.

Originally Posted by _Dastardly_ View Post (Source)

i I hope some more people pick up on this and get involved
    Yes, agree. Thanks for posting this challenge + research + organisation...; it's a great idea. Hope it gets seen in among the other posts...

I was thinking about getting back into trading after not having done any for a couple of months. This was what I was looking for... to avoid the a=>b=>a=>b ad infinitum runs that you can easily get sucked into.
    It's also a good way to see more of the galaxy; forgot some of the empire stations had palm trees and gardens in them, and some were gold...

Almost halfway through the loop now; should be on to do it in about 10 hours or so, give or take. Bit rusty at this trading business obviously .

Originally Posted by gazelle View Post (Source)
    Hm, is it just me, or are there no images to look at?

Good idea, btw, but I really do no trade slaves.
    I added in the pictures Forgot to add them with the rest, thanks for pointing it out!

Just completed this run in my 452 ton conda. Started last night and finished off this afternoon. Took around 10 hours in total with real life interruptions. I gotta say, it beats the hell out of A to B grinding. I don't have Founders permit or a docking computer and netted just over 31 million credits. Rep to you Dastardly for sharing your hard work.

If I wasn't currently on a cross-galaxy expedition 20,000 LY from home I may have participated with my Asp, but alas I'm out here in the blackness.

Originally Posted by CMDR Llwut View Post (Source)
    how about using some software like fraps or shadowplay to film the trip? Would that be allowed too?
    You may have the hard drive capacity and ability to upload a multiple hour video, but keep in mind they need to actually watch it to verify. If you have the ability to record in HD your gameplay you could do that and then go back and take the appropriate screenshots in your media player.

Row 40 : LTT 542 Stocks of beryllium have dropped through the floor so I've substituted Superconductors that now give a better profit (1344) anyway.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast