Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Any news on the official ED API ?

Any news on the official ED API ?

On the 15th of January Michael brookes created the thread "[PROPOSAL DISCUSSION] External API Requirements Thread". The OP said it would be open till the 16th of February. It stayed open a bit longer and was closed on the 19th. Last entry was by Michael brookes:

Thread closed so I can begin the internal process reviewing the input on this thread. Thanks to everyone who has participated. We obviously have a lot of work going on so I anticipate it being a few weeks before the next update on this. I'll post when we have something.

Thanks!

Michael
    Its now more then two months after that last announcement. Perhaps I did miss something but can´t recall to having seen about the current status of the ED API. When looking at the thread a lot of commanders (my interpretation) are REALLY looking forward to that API and all the power it would bring to ED. It would enable all talented third party authors out there to create tools we atm can only dream about.

Does anyone has some more information about the current state of the API. Perhaps someone from FD could shed some light on the matter.

Note: This is NOT a thread about discussing if third party tools are good for ED. FD themselves are going to create it, so they are positive about the idea.

Update: There have been some very interesting developments lately. See post #53.

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    There's no news at the moment.

Michael

quickest response from a Dev Award goes too.....

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)

Michael
    Thank you for your post Mr brookes. I was hoping for better news but still its an answer, appreciated.

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)

Michael
    Slightly off topic, but is there to be any more development of the shop stuff on the website apart from key rings and paint jobs?

I need to spend some more money... It's in my pocket... burning...

Originally Posted by Microblitz View Post (Source)
    Slightly off topic, but is there to be any more development of the shop stuff on the website apart from key rings and paint jobs?

I need to spend some more money... It's in my pocket... burning...
    Just furry dice. Burning too. Burning!

Originally Posted by TriumphANT View Post (Source)
    Great fuzzy dice of fire

Hmm add there like dog tags for the pvp's out there, get the kill, claim the tags to record the kill to your personal log

Sooner rather than later hopefully since the hackers have cracked the market dump. It would be nice for legitimate users to be able to gather their own trade data efficiently.

Originally Posted by Distance View Post (Source)
    Sooner rather than later hopefully since the hackers have cracked the market dump. It would be nice for legitimate users to be able to gather their own trade data efficiently.
    I happily update all of the major trade tools using EliteOCR. An offical API would just me do it faster. Not to mention, possibly being able to update available ships, modules, keep track of ALL of my reputations and their intertwined workings...

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    Thank you for your post Mr brookes. I was hoping for better news but still its an answer, appreciated.
    I poked the hornet's nest a few days back. Not to imply that Mr. Brookes is neither a hornet, nor a nest...

An API would allow a Raspberry PI running an external screen (or two) to act as external cockpit displays showing kills, current rankings, credits, shield/power/fuel levels, etc., complete with customization of alarms. If it allows for button-press inputs as well, then one could build their own custom cockpit or build an "auto-pilot" to manage jumps.

Originally Posted by Andargor View Post (Source)
    I poked the hornet's nest a few days back. Not to imply that Mr. Brookes is neither a hornet, nor a nest...
    So what you're saying is that the mantra has now gone from 'Soon™' to 'Not at the moment™'?

Originally Posted by TriumphANT View Post (Source)
    Man, I would love to have fuzzy dice hanging from my windshield.

Originally Posted by Brieus View Post (Source)
    Man, I would love to have fuzzy dice hanging from my windshield.
    The Fresh Clipper of Bel-Air!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast