Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mac Beta 4.0 : Cross-platform Release Incoming

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Mac Beta 4.0 : Cross-platform Release Incoming

Hi everyone,

At 11.15am BST The Mac Beta Galaxy Servers will be going down for approximately 2 hours. This brings in the exciting addition of cross-platform compatibility - you can see the full changelog below:

• Mac and PC cross-platform compatibility added
    • Station optimisation on station docking entrance smoke particles
    • Optimisations for when the player is inside the hangar and the door is closed
    • Fix for multiple checkboxes animating when pressing one button in the pre-flight checklist
    • Fixed the decal cameras for the Imperial Clipper

Some known issues:

• Areas with Asteroids may occasionally perform poorly on Nvidia Macs
    • Asteroids may appear out of sync between PC and Mac

Thanks everyone, enjoy!

So soon?

Well done team - it will be good to hear how it goes....

Interesting news. So when is the partnering PC beta coming in order to test the cross play functionality?

Is PC access to the Beta servers being turned on at the same time, or will that come later once the Mac portion of the release is stable?

Or are the Mac beta clients going to connect to the production galaxy now?

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone!
    Hi Ed!

Any news of how the 2 platforms are to interact? A new test server for the PC players incoming?

Hi all

Very nice about time

Hi Edward,

Will Mac Users like me whom also play the PC version get their PC save or their Mac save for this?

looking forward to more news

Originally Posted by robaberry View Post (Source)
    Hi Edward,

Will Mac Users like me whom also play the PC version get their PC save or their Mac save for this?
    As the Mac version is available to players who have bought the PC version they will both use the same login details, therefore your commander should be able to be played on both platforms (although not simultaneously).

A commander in a Beta version is a disposable save as any progress will not transfer to the main game save.

Hi Robert,

So does that mean I'll be getting access to my PC save from now on, or sticking with the Mac save until the end of the beta?

Originally Posted by robaberry View Post (Source)
    Hi Robert,

So does that mean I'll be getting access to my PC save from now on, or sticking with the Mac save until the end of the beta?
    I would expect that while the Mac beta is running you will use the Mac Beta save (i.e. in Beta we all use a separate Beta save, regardless of platform) and on Mac release (1.3?) you will revert to your main save.

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post (Source)
    Interesting news. So when is the partnering PC beta coming in order to test the cross play functionality?
    Downloading now. Seems it's available....

Originally Posted by Gimi View Post (Source)
    Downloading now. Seems it's available....
    Confirmed, me too. I'm assuming the PC loader won't let me download a Mac client.

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

At 11.15am BST The Mac Beta Galaxy Servers will be going down for approximately 2 hours. This brings in the exciting addition of cross-platform compatibility - you can see the full changelog below:

• Mac and PC cross-platform compatibility added
    • Station optimisation on station docking entrance smoke particles
    • Optimisations for when the player is inside the hangar and the door is closed
    • Fix for multiple checkboxes animating when pressing one button in the pre-flight checklist
    • Fixed the decal cameras for the Imperial Clipper

Some known issues:

• Areas with Asteroids may occasionally perform poorly on Nvidia Macs
    • Asteroids may appear out of sync between PC and Mac

Thanks everyone, enjoy!
    Hi Edward.
    Since the PC-client of this beta is available, how do you want us to report bugs/issues related to the PC-client. I assume in the current MAC beta bug reporting forum, but I think clear instructions would be good to avoid any misunderstandings or confusion.

Edit: Never mind Edward, instructions have since been posted by Frontier QA in the Bug reporting forum here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast