Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOLO ICONS CHART + Exploration values

HOLO ICONS CHART + Exploration values

Please say so if I need to fix an error or add more !

Update 1.44: Water World error fixed, thanks kay, herzbube & zieman
    Update 1.43: Thanks to Halion Chone for the Rocky+TC update and Kay for confirmation that the holo icons are correct
    Update 1.42: Thanks to CMDR DoubleSkulls for Rocky TC update
    Update 1.41: Thanks to CMDR Andrew Reid for the Class I Gas Giant update & Jackie Silver for Dots & Hots
    Update 1.4 : Thanks to CMDR Andrew Reid for the Helium Giant update (will tidy up the graphics next week)
    Update 1.3 : Cheers to CMDR DoubleSkulls for bringing "Rocky Planet + TC" to my attention
    Update 1.2 : Added White Dwarf
    Update 1.1 : Exploration Values added !
    Update 1.0 : Big thanks to ZIEMAN for the corrections

(click on graphics to enlarge)

Name:  Holo-Icons 1.44.jpg
Views: 5789
Size:  299.2 KB

Thanks

This info is partially obsolete since 1.2 and 1.3 updates.
    Top row, second from right: Metal-rich World only

Top row, third from right: Icy Planet only

Top row, third from left: Earth-like World, Water World, Ammonia World, Water Giant, Class I Gas Giant, Helium-rich Gas Giant, High metal content Planet, Rocky Planet, Rocky Ice Planet

Top row, righmost and bottom row, leftmost: High metal content Planet, Rocky Planet

Bottom row, second from left: Class II Gas Giant, Class III Gas Giant, Gas Giant with Ammonia-based life, Gas Giant with Water-based life

Missing: gas giant icon without spot = Class IV Gas Giant

Missing: gas giant icon slightly different one with spot = Class V Gas Giant

Post removed as I am going with Zieman's corrections, thanks

Attachment 32800

Attachment 32801

Icy World doesn't exist of course, it's Icy Planet - my previous post amended.

cheers, will update tomorrow

Very nice. I'd been making one of those myself but it's always handy when a more seasoned explorer does it.

Originally Posted by Nilt View Post (Source)
    Very nice. I'd been making one of those myself but it's always handy when a more seasoned explorer does it.
    If yours is better(I bet it is) please start a new thread with it and I'll ask mods to remove this !
    otherwise I'll update image later.

Hmmm ICY/ROCKY PLANETS and MOONS....not worth scanning? ....not sure is always the case. e.g. Just ICY/ROCKY planets in a system, by all means skip it. (and even though, is not that they are totally worthless -900 avg per each, 1,200 if first discovered-some newbies could use that!)..

Also, same principle for the moons...fine if you want to skip, but I for one scan all moons...in a system with 50 of those, we are talking about 60,000cr...

Just not sure the advise applies for every occasion or all styles...sure it does apply for all rocky systems in general if you are NOT new...

Asteroids, those could use that caption instead....and by the way, as obvious as it seems, probably good idea to include them in the table.

Originally Posted by dognosh View Post (Source)
    If yours is better(I bet it is) please start a new thread with it and I'll ask mods to remove this !
    otherwise I'll update image later.
    Ah, it's not, really. I'd just barely started for one and wasn't even remotely done. This one works much better.

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Top row, second from right: Metal-rich World only

Top row, third from right: Icy Planet only

Top row, third from left: Earth-like World, Water World, Ammonia World, Water Giant, Class I Gas Giant, Helium-rich Gas Giant, High metal content Planet, Rocky Planet, Rocky Ice Planet

Top row, righmost and bottom row, leftmost: High metal content Planet, Rocky Planet

Bottom row, second from left: Class II Gas Giant, Class III Gas Giant, Gas Giant with Ammonia-based life, Gas Giant with Water-based life

Missing: gas giant icon without spot = Class IV Gas Giant

Missing: gas giant icon slightly different one with spot = Class V Gas Giant
    All your corrections done, and credit given in 1st post, cheers
    (I am in deep space so I can't check anything for now and trust you )

Originally Posted by dognosh View Post (Source)
    All your corrections done, and credit given in 1st post, cheers
    (I am in deep space so I can't check anything for now and trust you )
    Cheers!

BTW, every time you scan a planet/moon, you can check and recheck that particular HUD icon, if it corresponds to the amended list or not.

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Cheers!

BTW, every time you scan a planet/moon, you can check and recheck that particular HUD icon, if it corresponds to the amended list or not.
    haha, yes I know you cheeky Cmdr

Interesting. I'm just heading back on a "trial run" of exploration in a Python. When I head back out I'm going to put this information to use heavily. I'll report any findings back here.

That is sweet! Nice to have a full reference, will sure come in handy.

Will be sure to put it to good use on my next exploration journey, thanks for sharing.

Well if any of you throw me rep, be sure to throw some at Cmdr Zieman too, on the 2nd post in this thread

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast