Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 617

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Pawing at the Planetary Bell

  1. #1

    Pawing at the Planetary Bell


    Warning: Edit in progress

  2. #2

    testy mctesty test

    +1 rep
    will add to my lists tomorrow.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by dognosh View Post (Source)
    +1 rep
    will add to my lists tomorrow.
    Thank you!

    I have so many more images, and some not... I found the game through Steam, sadly. Wish I could have been a KS backer. I had hoped PRNT SCRN was taking screenshots but it wasn't until I accidentally hit F12 that I discovered the screenshot function through Steam, lol...

    Here are some I missed:

    High Metal Content World with a 100% Water atmosphere...

    Judging by the temperature, Satan may live here...

    A very dark planet...

    Tatooine may reside in this system...

    And these asteroid belts so far apart but orbiting the same star.

  4. #4
    Rep to you Commander! You are far braver than I to fly through the ring! These are all great shots!

  5. #5
    Lol, sometimes I think the worst thing that ED did was give us the debug camera.....i spend ages moving around until I get the shot I want.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Whiterose View Post (Source)
    Lol, sometimes I think the worst thing that ED did was give us the debug camera.....i spend ages moving around until I get the shot I want.
    As a hobbyist artist and photographer, I am eternally grateful for the debug camera. I'm not a professional in any way, but I certainly enjoy attempting captivating composition. Playing ED Really makes me want a multi-monitor setup. I am a single-monitor peasant at present.

  7. #7
    I like that satanists planet - 666K

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Katejina View Post (Source)
    As a hobbyist artist and photographer, I am eternally grateful for the debug camera. I'm not a professional in any way, but I certainly enjoy attempting captivating composition.
    Wonderful shots.

    I'm in the same boat, so to speak. I've been an amateur landscape photographer for quite a while, but haven't had my real cameras active for a couple of years now and it's been such a delight to occasionally take the time to stop and spend a few minutes getting a nice shot for the old Elite photo album.


    CMDR Andrew Reid

  9. #9
    Seems like pretty much everything around the Witch Head Nebula has been previously explored. But I got there and did what I set out to do: See one up close. Going to be heading back toward the fringes where no nebulae are visible and I was the one discovering every system I entered. Maybe I'll find something neat. O:

  10. #10
    You've got some very nice finds there! Kudos to you!

    That dwarf with the big rings... that's big, but there is bigger. A LOT bigger.
    HD 227733 <<< No clues. Just go.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Katejina View Post (Source)

    Just a pretty composed ringworld:


    At the risk of my life. I flew full throttle in between the rings. I lived. I did not get chucked out of supercruise. The transition was smooth from one side to the other. Cheers to Frontier for allowing such a feat and not making the entire space occupied by the rings a solid object.



    I will be the first to admit that I know very little about the Elite/Frontier universe. I never played any of the previous games and I haven't read all about every feature like I should. But I am having fun and that's what matters, right? If anyone has any helpful information to guide me along, don't hesitate to share.
    Very nice flight bLog! Awesome pictures!!! I have dozens to share from current trip, but so little time to play -isn't always?- that I'm being a lazy mass and not uploading to forums...lol..

    Tip:

    One of the most wonderful effects I have found in Elite, cannot be captured in pictures. But I will share it here...so you can awe as much as I do every time I get the opportunity to do it...

    -You see that planet you posted as "composed ringworld"? Notice that the inner ring -brownish- is metallic/rocky and the outer is white -icy most likely. There is a gap in between them, see it?

    -Get in that gap, as low speed as possible. Carefully and skilfully place yourself in between the two rings -not above, exactly in between so you have them on either side-, but so that you can appreciate the asteroids in the distance on both sides, not solid stripes.

    -Drop off SC into regular. Watch the icy ring....

    When you see it, you will know...then come back and tell us!

    ps. Should work with two different types of rings, doesnt have to be metal/icy...it can be rocky/icy...or rocky/metal...just watch for the outer of both rings when you drop.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Zenith View Post (Source)
    You've got some very nice finds there! Kudos to you!

    That dwarf with the big rings... that's big, but there is bigger. A LOT bigger.
    HD 227733 <<< No clues. Just go.
    Thanks, yes... I discovered yesterday when reading threads that some of the things I've come across pale in comparison to some that others have found...
    Some of these systems are just bizarre. Earthlikes with rings? Well, that maybe isn't too farfetched, but suns? I wonder if NASA or any other space exploration programs will find systems as crazy as we have...

    Originally Posted by Kancro Vantas View Post (Source)
    Very nice flight bLog! Awesome pictures!!! I have dozens to share from current trip, but so little time to play -isn't always?- that I'm being a lazy mass and not uploading to forums...lol..

    Tip:

    One of the most wonderful effects I have found in Elite, cannot be captured in pictures. But I will share it here...so you can awe as much as I do every time I get the opportunity to do it...

    -You see that planet you posted as "composed ringworld"? Notice that the inner ring -brownish- is metallic/rocky and the outer is white -icy most likely. There is a gap in between them, see it?

    -Get in that gap, as low speed as possible. Carefully and skilfully place yourself in between the two rings -not above, exactly in between so you have them on either side-, but so that you can appreciate the asteroids in the distance on both sides, not solid stripes.

    -Drop off SC into regular. Watch the icy ring....

    When you see it, you will know...then come back and tell us!

    ps. Should work with two different types of rings, doesnt have to be metal/icy...it can be rocky/icy...or rocky/metal...just watch for the outer of both rings when you drop.
    I will do this today!

  13. #13
    Heh, just stumbled across a familiar name...

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Katejina View Post (Source)
    Heh, just stumbled across a familiar name...
    A T Tauri huh, well as long as you don't get too many of those --- hey! That's me!!

    Thank you, CMDR Katejina!

  15. #15
    Searching the Galaxy Map tonight, I found a "Skull and Crossbones Nebula" It's rather small. My canopy was compromised by a small star with a large mass (not a neutron star though), so I'm going to be returning to civilization soon just to be on the safe side. Hopefull I will have enough data to sell to upgrade to a better exploration ship. Gonna need those 25+ ly jumps.

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast