Page 1 of 57 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Premium Beta access update

Premium Beta access update

Hi everyone,

Today we are happy to announce the start of Premium Beta access, with Beta players able to download a single player combat build of the game.

The full Premium Beta will start on 30th of May 2014, and until then, players will be able to practise with a single player combat build.

The ability to upgrade to Premium Beta is now available for anyone who has already pre-ordered the standard Beta or the final game. This option is now available on the store after signing in.

For Alpha players, there will be one more Alpha phase release before going to Beta which adds Travel and Trading.

Alpha phase 4 details below

Alpha phase 4 expands significantly on this with two modes of faster than light travel - in-system 'super-cruise' and between-system 'hyperspace'. The full Milky Way galactic map, containing some 400,000,000,000 star systems, will be present. Alpha 4 game play is focused on a 200 cubic light year volume of space, far from Earth.

The date and further details of Alpha Phase 4 will be announced shortly. Alpha contributors get early access to future builds and a lifetime benefit of discounted in-game ship insurance. Elite: Dangerous Alpha access is available for order until 25th April. Find the Alpha here.

Some words from Frontier CEO, David Braben looking at the progress so far and the move to Beta :

“I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who have played such an important role in Alpha testing, and I’m very happy that we will continue to benefit from their valuable input as they test Beta builds approximately 2 weeks in advance of release.
    On the 30th of May we move into a new phase of Premium Beta testing with an increasingly complete game, and I’m delighted to be able to welcome a significant numbers of new players to Elite: Dangerous today.”

Thanks everyone for your support,
    Should you have any queries regarding Beta, feel free to leave them on this post and we’ll try our best to answer your questions as soon as possible.

Premium Beta purchase summary:

• Immediate access to download a Single Player Combat build to develop your Sidewinder skills before the first Premium Beta build is released
    • Automatic access all the Beta development stages
    • Automatic access to all major downloadable expansion packs as they are released
    • A download copy of the released game
    The full Premium Beta will be available from 30th May, with access to the Single Player Combat build OUT NOW.

Reference: https://store.zaonce.net/elite-dange...ium-beta.html/

Mark

Originally Posted by Mark Boss View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

Today we are happy to announce the start of Premium Beta access, with Beta players able to download a single player combat build of the game.

The full Premium Beta will start on 30th of May 2014, and until then, players will be able to practise with a single player combat build.

The ability to upgrade to Premium Beta is now available for anyone who has already pre-ordered the standard Beta or the final game. This option is now available on the store after signing in.

For Alpha players, there will be one more Alpha phase release before going to Beta which adds Travel and Trading.

Alpha phase 4 details below

Alpha phase 4 expands significantly on this with two modes of faster than light travel - in-system 'super-cruise' and between-system 'hyperspace'. The full Milky Way galactic map, containing some 400,000,000,000 star systems, will be present. Alpha 4 game play is focused on a 200 cubic light year volume of space, far from Earth.

The date and further details of Alpha Phase 4 will be announced shortly. Alpha contributors get early access to future builds and a lifetime benefit of discounted in-game ship insurance. Elite: Dangerous Alpha access is available for order until 25th April. Find the Alpha here.

Some words from Frontier CEO, David Braben looking at the progress so far and the move to Beta :

“I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who have played such an important role in Alpha testing, and I’m very happy that we will continue to benefit from their valuable input as they test Beta builds approximately 2 weeks in advance of release.
    On the 30th of May we move into a new phase of Premium Beta testing with an increasingly complete game, and I’m delighted to be able to welcome a significant numbers of new players to Elite: Dangerous today.”

Thanks everyone for your support,
    Should you have any queries regarding Beta, feel free to leave them on this post and we’ll try our best to answer your questions as soon as possible.

Mark
    YAY!!!

Is that galaxy from the game and PG generated? If so.....

Originally Posted by Mark Boss View Post (Source)

2 weeks in advance of release.

Does this mean alpha backers get premium beta mid may?

Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    Is that galaxy from the game and PG generated? If so.....
    If it works like the galaxy bitmap from FFE then it might be part of what's input into the PG.

In FFE the galaxy bitmap was used to affect system density in a sector.

If you really want to geek out about how it worked: http://www.jongware.com/galaxy1.html

My name is Jeff Ryan and I approve Mark's post.

Originally Posted by Cosmo Bozo View Post (Source)
    That would be my understanding, and Alpha 4.0 should still be before that date, possibly along side the end of alpha upgrade 24th April or around that time.

Mmmm, Alpha 4, eliticious

Originally Posted by Cosmo Bozo View Post (Source)
    Sounds that way. IMHO taking in mind that alpha 4.0 is practically more or less release candidate for premium beta first build, it sounds reasonable.

That would be my understanding, and Alpha 4.0 should still be before that date, possibly along side the end of alpha upgrade 24th April or around that time.
    It's been stated over and over again that the Alpha early access to Betas is only a matter of a couple of hours, as a final sanity check safety net.

Not weeks, not even days.

*Edit* Just been pointed out to me the strange DB quote (apologies I can't read!), this seems to be going back on what was said before. Doesn't seem fair to the Beta commanders.

I really wasn't expecting to see the full galaxy before Beta.

I'm guessing the single player combat build is still a WIP? I just downloaded the beta from my account page and it gives a message about a new launcher needing to be installed and advises to 'see news' although there isn't a relevant news post as far as I can see.

Originally Posted by JeffRyan View Post (Source)
    I really wasn't expecting to see the full galaxy before Beta.
    We won't be able to visit it.

Just the systems in a 200 cubic ly.

That's about 6 LY a side.

About the size of an FFE/Frontier sector.

I estimate no more than say 30 systems?

Just wanted to add that I'm still very annoyed about a further addition of "pay to win" to Elite Dangerous and another preferential treatment of alpha players who shell out 335.82 US Dollar and get the "premium beta" TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE of those who purchased the premium beta!!! ON AN ALREADY DELAYED GAME!

Page 1 of 57 1234511 ... LastLast