Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys

Originally Posted by bitstorm View Post (Source)
    OK so can I just clarify on this.

If I claim it will Frontier receive less money from my purchases?
    Once you link your account to Steam then they will be the retailer for all future game add-on purchases for that account, and they take their retailer portion of those future sales.

Looks like the store page is down?

I'm in two minds over this.. Hmm

I'd like to have the steam key but I don't want to take funds off Frontier. I shall have to consider it before deciding

Originally Posted by Eggplant! View Post (Source)
    Sorry Ed, but can you clarify further? Does Valve get a cut of the purchase price for all future purchases on the FD store if I generate a steam key for my account?
    That's what I understand the situation to be.

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Yeah, that's a fair interpretation. We don't think of it as a tax though, just part of working with third party retailers.
    bummer........

now I am torn. on the plus point I already paid for my season pass so you already have the lions share of my money.

It does irk me a bit that steam are getting money for nothing, but on the flip side I do like having my time played etc associated with steam. I guess I need to think about this one a bit.

thanks for at least giving us the choice.

Ахахахаха))))
    You killed it!)))))

I won't be taking a steam key as if much rather support the game directly as much as possible.

The effort by Frontier to make this available is very much appreciated however.

I do find it a shame that in the rush to get "free" steam keys has this economic side effect, not something fully appreciated at the time I'm sure.

Yeah, that's a fair interpretation. We don't think of it as a tax though, just part of working with third party retailers.
    Enough reason for me to pass on the key, honestly. If I had the expansion pass (kicks own feet) I would probably go ahead and get the key. However, since I missed that opportunity by a few days, I want to make sure Frontier gets full purchasing price for each expansion I buy.

Really though, it makes no difference to me. Between Origin, Steam and GOG I really just don't have the unified library anyway.

Now we have right on commander I no longer need steam to make me feel good about myself

Ok, not claiming that key then!

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    ...It does irk me a bit that steam are getting money for nothing...
    Well, not quite nothing. They did successfully build and promote a platform/brand that had a good portion of the ED player base clamoring for keys. That isn't cheap or easy to accomplish.

you know... there is a little part of me that thinks frontier missed a trick here.

if 2 weeks ago they had said "10 day limited season pass for all DLC when bought from our shop for a 1 off fee of 50 I bet a lot would have bit.

then released the steam keys today after the season pass offer had ended.... they could have made a lot of people happy and essentially made a lot of cash.

Valve may have not been too happy about it mind you

Thought as much. Not touching steam key generation with a ten-foot barge pole, then.

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post (Source)
    Ok, not claiming that key then!
    And for a second time in a day, I agree with Tinman
    No key for me either.

Hahaha this is effin' halarious. I know a whole bunch of you were ones screaming from the rooftops about demanding your Steamkey - but now we find out that the minute you claim it Frontier loose 30% on all future sales regardless of if its via their store or not.

Slow clap to all of you. Ugh this community.

I for one never wanted a steam key and I won't ever be claiming one.

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast