Page 1 of 380 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

IF YOU NEED RESCUE:
    Head over to fuelrats.org and follow the "RESCUE ME" links to the chat window and talk to the dispatcher. Just say "RATSIGNAL" and you will get everyone's undivided attention.

The Fuel Rat's Code of Conduct:

1. I have fuel
    2. You don't
    3. Any questions?

Fuel Rats Propaganda Department

Edit: I had signed up but now I sign off.

I'm too focused on exploration to be a Fuel Rat. But you have my unwavering support!
    CMDR Kat of the JFFE Dawn's Embrace - Twitter - Twitch - YouTube

"Of all sad words of mouth or pen, the saddest are these: it might have been."

I ran out of fuel once in my first two days. Once I realized that this game would not only let you die, but would actually force you to kill yourself from ignorance, I fell in love with it. I haven't stopped playing since.

But before I blew myself up, I saw in the systems panel that you could turn on a beacon and it made me think... if only some nice person could come by to help me refuel, then I wouldn't have to roleplay dying which hurts even in a fully covered sidewinder! So Yeah, short story long, if the call is very far with lots of data at stake, or very near with all their worldly possessions in their brand new hauler, I will be available for a fuel rat run to the rescue.

Always happy to help fellow explorers.

Count me in.

Premium Beta Backer running i5 3570K 3.4Ghz, Win 7 Pro, MSI GTX 970 4GB GDDR5, 12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz, Crucial M500 240GB SSD, Corsair CX600 Power Supply.

Does 1.3 have repair limpets that can fix (other) ships? Or is it just the fuel transfer?

Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    Does 1.3 have repair limpets that can fix (other) ships? Or is it just the fuel transfer?
    No repair limpets but remember you can cannibalize your ship if a part breaks down completely (reboot/repair). At that point though you should definitely be limping home instead of pressing forward

I'm in. Always happy to go out there with a purpose.

I'm in, happily, though I'll probably be in the bubble for the next few weeks. (CMDR Kuroshio)
    Remember: A babby tharg is for life - not just for Christmas.

CMDR Kuroshio

Once I'm back out exploring again, I'll certainly equip my ship with the requisite parts. I think it should be added to the standard list

This looks interesting....
    Speed run out to help, explore on the way back, nice.

Cmdr Gimi

Not sure how relevant it is, as most explorers seem to be very concious of their fuel levels. I know I am.
    Has anyone actually been stuck while exploring for the lack of fuel.
    "Adventure is just bad planning."

Originally Posted by Gimi View Post (Source)
    This looks interesting....
    Speed run out to help, explore on the way back, nice.

Cmdr Gimi

Not sure how relevant it is, as most explorers seem to be very concious of their fuel levels. I know I am.
    I got the "main tank depleted" once and I damn near poo'ed myself!

There's a section of non-scoopables about 2KLY out from Sol towards the Trifid nebula that caught me out. It goes on for a long time and you need to keep stopping off from the navigated route to manually look for a suitable scoopable star.

Sign me up. Might have a Rapid Response Conda by time anyone needs some fuel.

Its a small world, I expect someone will be close enough most of the time. Its so small, I got annoyed by some idiot called Surley_Badger tagging a big bunch of NS that I was after just a few days ago
    "The Monster" - "The Canonn Material and PPOI Sheet" - "Formidine Rift"
    ... --- --..-- / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. . / --- ..-. / --- ...- . .-. .-- .... . .-.. -- .. -. --. / --- -.. -.. ... --..-- / .. .----. -- / .-.. . ..-. - / .-- .. - .... / --- -. .-.. -.-- / --- -. . / --- .--. - .. --- -. ---... / .. .----. -- / --. --- .. -. --. / - --- / .... .- ...- . / - --- / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / - .... . / ... .... .. - / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / - .... .. ...

Originally Posted by Gimi View Post (Source)
    Maybe...once...just a couple of days ago...full story here (to avoid hijacking this thread)

In light of this, I am probably not the best qualified to offer refuelling help

Count me in once I am back. I only take cash as a payment though....

Page 1 of 380 1234511 ... LastLast