• 5 Gibbonici: Holidays in the Sun

10 45.45%
  • 6 azdour: A Busman's Holiday

2 9.09%
  • 7 Ian Phillips: Change of scenery

7 31.82%
  • 8 Philip Coutts: My Selfish Father

2 9.09%
  • 9 Splendour: ..simply the continuation of political intercourse..

1 4.55%
  • 10 Bikky: Wot me and my daddy did on holiday

7 31.82%
  • 11 T.j The campest story of all

3 13.64%
  • 12 Rog: Time for a little holiday.

1 4.55%
  • 13 cassius: An Expensive Holiday

4 18.18%
  • 14 Zieman: That went fast

6 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abraka Drabble: What I did on my Holidays

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar

Abraka Drabble: What I did on my Holidays

Welcome to the

Abraka Drabble
    What I did on my Holidays
    Poll

Hello you gorgeous, handsome, intelligent and in no way influenced by shameless flattery drabblers.

This is the What I did on my Holidays poll.

All entries have been checked for the correct amount of words and all rude words removed....

All you have to do is, Read the Drabbles and pick your favourite 3. Then you can vote accordingly.

Remember just 3 votes and not your own you naughty Drabbler you.

And never forget, when reading a drabble always strive to enjoy the quality not the length.

Have fun reading them and get voting.

------------------------

1 Psykokow: Some Time Off

The sun blinded me, it was swealteringly hot sizzling the sweat on my forehead, my eyelids could barely keep the burn at bay.

The rubber soles on my boots softened and steamed with every step. My body was in agony, the sweat blistering the skin as the heat brought it to the boil. I was cooking slowly from the outside in.

I needed water, I wouldn’t survive much longer without some kind of fluids..

My mind briefly jumps to how I ended up here, A police officer... what did they say when they dropped me here? ‘Enjoy your permanent holiday’.

------------------------

2 Darkoba: Recapturing the Romance

After five luxurious days, cruise-ship Orcanod dropped us at gas-giant Bijenkorf’s ‘Propolis Station’ for a bareboat charter. The life-boat-tender took us out to the solar-wind-ship “Wisp”.

She was sleek; keel a kilometre long, four square-kilometres of monomolecular sails.

Of seven satellites, five were exotic, romantic, inviting. Two were restricted, reserved for production of the galaxy’s finest honey.

We sailed gently between ports-of-call, each more enticing than the last.

An unexpected solar-flare hit!

Sails buckled, keel snapped. Abandon ship!

Nearest port was the second restricted moon. We landed, apologetically.

She said “Darling, when you said ‘second honey-moon’, I didn't expect this!”

------------------------

3 Frank: Detention

Frank looked at the sheet of paper on his desk. He scribbled the title "What I Did on My Holidays", and continued writing beneath it. He then held up his hand, holding the page for a suited man to take.

The lawyer held the page high addressing the bench, "Your Honour, my client has prepared a statement." Some members of the public gallery continued to glower at Frank; several attractive young ladies, a few tradesman, a frogman, and a fireman.

"The defendant would like to state that on the 17th August 3280...", he stared at the page, "He can't remember."

------------------------

4 Luniticisi: A bit on the side.

"What sort of question's that?" snapped James.

"You had two weeks off, all I was asking is what you did on your Holiday?" Mary answered, feeling somewhat guilty about asking a seemingly innocuous question

"I did what I normally do on this space-station, went to the pub, watched some sport, nothing interesting" James answered, looking decidedly shifty.

"Wasn't that your ship in the repair shop?" Mary asked.

"That.. err.. Yeah, that happened in the docking bay.."

Mary gave James a look that he'd seen before.

His little forays into Piracy were getting harder to hide... and so were the bodies.

------------------------

5 Gibbonici: Holidays in the Sun

I never expected to come back to the Belpharis Coast.

We vacationed here when I was a kid, and in my memories it's a paradise of gold and sunshine, with white beaches stretching into infinity and mifir spores shoaling across the sky like glitter on the wind.

That was a long time ago, and both the coastline and I bear the scars of war. Belpharis Harbour is reduced to slag, and the ocean oozes viscous and bruise-coloured. Sunlight struggles through radioactive clouds, and my robotic eyes report fallout blowing overhead. For a moment it looks like glitter on the wind.

------------------------

6 azdour: A Busman's Holiday

As a federal police officer I rarely take holidays, but here I was. Boy was I ready to get every last ounce out of this holiday.

It was a shame the disguised pirates on board did not agree as they tried to take over.

Raging with anger and gun in hand the battle was short but it crippled the space liner.

Two weeks later our short range broadcasts were heard.

When my colleagues asked about my holiday I smiled and said I could use another one.

You see their bounty had compensated for that holiday and the next ones too.

------------------------

7 Ian Phillips: Change of scenery

Long months of solitude and darkness, relieved only by the unsoftened glare of stars shining onto the canopy.

Then the eventual return to a space station for repairs and re-stocking. Selling the nav data via computer interfaces is as much interaction with real people as I can handle, not seeing anyone for months on end does that to you. Three becomes a crowd that is just too much to handle.

So, this is my holiday, a break from the explorers grind.
    But I don't mix.

I can't.

Instead I just watch the camera feeds of people on sandy beaches.

Lonely.

------------------------

8 Philip Coutts: My Selfish Father

My Dad used to go on holiday a lot. He’d leave us for months at a time and when he came back he never brought any presents. I used to complain “Why did he get long holidays and leave us behind, what kind of Father does that!?”

One day a man in a uniform came. He said a lot of stuff I didn’t understand about Thargoids and wars. He was a nice man because he brought a present, a beautiful bejewelled box containing something called remains, unfortunately they are just dust.

My Father never came home from his last holiday.

------------------------

9 Splendour: ..simply the continuation of political intercourse..

With a bright flash the Orca’s shields failed. Ruby light suffused the lounge as beam lasers flashed across the observation window, crazing the surface and causing the Senator’s husband to squeal and dive behind a chaise lounge.

“Pull yourself together Cyril!” she snapped in his direction before turning back to the view plate. “Very well then, you win. I hope you have enjoyed ruining our holiday. Call off your dogs and we will accede to your demands.”

That night as the cruise liner lazily orbited the spectacular dual gas giants, Federal Fleet Admiral Bell (Ret.) dined at the captain’s table.

------------------------

10 Bikky: Wot me and my daddy did on holiday‘On my holidayz, I went in a big ship with my daddy.

‘On my holidayz, I went in a big ship with my daddy.

We did go into space and see starz.

We did go to another world through a spekkle tunnel where witchiz live.

And we did go into a space car park to sell tobacco, daddy said it was a poorly eagle, poor thing, it’s not nice being ill.’ At this a man at the back of the hall coughed and shuffled slightly.

‘Then I went to a play park with other children, while my daddy and missus holly went to a hotel, oh mummy cover your ears for that.’

------------------------

11 T.j The campest story of all

My tent is stuffy and cramped. I light the lamp waiting for darkness to fall.

18 years I've camped here, but this year is different. It's finally happening!

My knees knock, teeth clattering, nerves tingling with excitement.

My highpitched giggle is far too loud.

Suddenly brightness engulfs me as the tentflap flies open. A voice booms angrily, "I don't care if you are a Moderator, you can't hide in the FD broom cupboard for a fortnight sneaking out at night to play the full game. ****** off or I'll set Chewbrookie on you."

"Yes Mr Braben" I meekly reply.

Damn...

------------------------

12 Rog: Time for a little holiday.

'It was the final trip that did it, just one spell too long out there on his own.'

'CLUCKCLUCKCLUCK!'

'Yeah it happens, a real shame though.'

Behind the padded door, Frankel was squawking and clucking apparently totally convinced that he was currently a Lavian battle rooster.

'RAAARRRRRK!'

'Nastiest case of Wilbron's Psychosis I've seen in a long time...'

'One of my best pilots too!'

'Don't worry, a little enforced 'holiday' here, and he'll be as right as rain.'

'rrrrrrrrWOOF!'

'Ah, he's entering his Labradoodle phase...'

'OK, I'm off. I'll be back in a few weeks. Just do what you can.'

------------------------

13 cassius: An Expensive Holiday

I was young. Naive. The dream was to backpack across the galaxy, seeing all those weird and wonderful places the pilots in the station bar had boasted about. I had saved, sold all my possessions, but it was still a pittance. After checking the bulletin board for months I finally saw a captain willing to give me passage. He said I’d technically be cargo... a popsicle in a stasis pod but I didn’t care, it would get me out into the stars.

That was seven years ago. The Mistress says I’m hers now, and I haven’t had a holiday since.

------------------------

14 Zieman: That went fast

On my three month holiday I decided to go sightseeing. My first stop was the Tianve Pulsar, and I was planning to go sun skimming Betelgeuse next.

The thing is, I wanted a real close look of the pulsar. I had special radiation shielding installed for that, and the fact I’m here telling you this story means it worked.

But, I got just a tad too close. You see, according to my ship’s chronometer I spent only three minutes in close proximity. And then I get your comms: “Report immediately! Why are you two weeks late?”

That holiday went fast!

Does the poll really close on the 15th ? .. firstly no one in Alpha would be interested in the result and it's also a week away

I know how things can be read on forums so I will just say that this is a jovial, light-hearted comment, you know ... the sort of thing you would say to you best'ist mate in the pub over a nice cold pint ... that sort of thing (just in case it get's misinterpreted )

I couldn't come up with anything this week, so I took a holiday. Well done to all those who did - a good and varied bunch.

Yeah, T.j, why the fifteenth?

The 15th is because no-one will notice me rigging the vote as I've gone a bit power crazy after finally winning a drabble contest.

All eyes are on T.j as he tiptoes towards the polling booth with a spanner in hand.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    All eyes are on T.j as he tiptoes towards the polling booth with a spanner in hand.
    I call shenanigans! SHENANIGANS!!

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    The 15th is because no-one will notice me rigging the vote as I've gone a bit power crazy after finally winning a drabble contest.
    As flattery isn't working this week.....

I've found an easy way to choose!

I just stuck the numbers 1 to 18 around the dartboard, closed my eyes and threw six darts... three of them actually hit the board - choice made.

Otherwise it was, as usual these days, just too hard to choose. Nice dribble, guys.

damn, if I'd not voted for Gibbocini, I'd be joint 1st. He only just pipped in over T.J's humour.

Originally Posted by Bikky View Post (Source)
    damn, if I'd not voted for Gibbocini, I'd be joint 1st. He only just pipped in over T.J's humour.
    Vote rigging mod to the rescue....

Not really

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    Vote rigging mod to the rescue....

Not really
    The only problem there T.j is that if you win three times in a row you have to keep the sparkly jacket.

Originally Posted by Yaffle View Post (Source)
    The only problem there T.j is that if you win three times in a row you have to keep the sparkly jacket.
    No problem there. I'm a bit of a sparkly jacket kind of man.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    As flattery isn't working this week.....
    That is patently obvious this week. At least I've got my sympathy vote.

Is there, by any chance, a picture of that renowned sparkly jacket? Complete with ledlights and spangles?

Originally Posted by Rollo View Post (Source)
    Is there, by any chance, a picture of that renowned sparkly jacket? Complete with ledlights and spangles?
    I have one from my stint as host when we did the plague / quarantine / whatever it was called drabble. I wore it over my protective, gold-coloured C3PO anti-radiation,anti-infection onesie. If I can find it and get my clapped out laptop to do so I'll upload it in the main drabble thread.

(Mumble, grumble, blummin' camera, blummen' laptop, moan, moan)

.. only it didn't have LEDs when I got it

Originally Posted by Rollo View Post (Source)
    I smell the next Drabble topic here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast