Page 1 of 7 1235 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Community Goals, Minor Factions and becoming a power...

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Community Goals, Minor Factions and becoming a power...

Hi all,

We mentioned a while ago that we’re working on ways to increase our support for player groups. Now that the community team has grown, we’re finally able to give you our full attention. We’ve been working with the dev team on a few initiatives and processes, and a few house rules, for how to submit a suggestion for a community goal, establishing a minor faction or ultimately become a power.
    Note: Some of these processes aren’t live yet but will be revealed on this thread in the coming weeks so check back for more information.

Community Goals (CGs)

Suggestions for CGs are still something we want to support. A Community Goal can come from anywhere and anyone but we know that groups may be more inclined to suggest them, as it can help progress their own story or lore.
    To submit a CG you need to send through a brief (no more than 1 A4 sheet) which covers a timeline of events. We will then work with the development team to review your submission and get feedback. Should this be approved or approved with key changes you will then be asked to submit the GalNet news articles for events and submit a final draft.
    Things to remember when submitting a CG

• Please send submissions to groups@elitedangerous.com
    • We will only be able to support 1 CG per week
    • All CGs should fit into the story of their location
    • The CGs should be date independent so they can be used as and when there is a space
    • Building stations is something we have decided that can not be supported at this time
    • You won’t be able to become a power through a CG directly but a CG can support the lore and awareness of your group
    • All CGs will be global
    • We may edit or alter any part of the CG without prior notice as we deem required
    • We may decline any submission and may not be at liberty to disclose the reasons why. All decisions by Frontier are final.

Establishing a Minor Faction

We’re now accepting submissions for groups to establish their own minor faction in game.

In order to apply for one you need to be registered on our groups list. To find out if we have your group registered check this thread.

If you have registered your group simply check out this thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=241826

For those of you who have already adopted a minor faction we are allowing a month’s grace period from this post to register. After this we would ask that you register a new one.

All minor factions will be checked by the Dev team to make sure they are suitable to be added into the game and existing adopted minor factions will also be checked and a decision will be made over legitimacy of ownership.

Dev team decisions will be final and you will only be able to have 1 official minor faction.

Eventually, this will lead on to the possibility of your faction becoming a power and so it’s really important that you grow and develop your faction ready for when that opportunity becomes available.

Please do remember that frontier retain all copyright for Elite Dangerous.

Becoming a power

More news to follow... Watch this space

Player groups establishing a Minor Faction?! Interesting....

Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Player groups establishing a Minor Faction?! Interesting....
    What I find interesting is that people beg for ways to interact and change the game world and when something like this comes up it took almost 1.5 hours for the first person to even comment on it.

Well, tbh this subforum is a bit off the beaten path... I only found out about this thread because of the dev tracker thingy!

An announcement over at General wouldnt hurt methinks.

Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Well, tbh this subforum is a bit off the beaten path... I only found out about this thread because of the dev tracker thingy!
    Same here, but I'm quite sure we aren't the only ones using it.

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    No, you're not
    Clearly not ^^

Now it makes you wonder is there is really "another way in".

I really hope FDEV first nails the background sim before attempting any of this or there will be trouble!

Tinman, Viajero: APAC is stumbling out of the pub, EMEA is enjoying the evening sun in front of a pub, and Americas is watching the clock before they can hit the pub, and not checking the forums.

Originally Posted by wstephenson View Post (Source)
    Tinman, Viajero: APAC is stumbling out of the pub, EMEA is enjoying the evening sun in front of a pub, and Americas is watching the clock before they can hit the pub, and not checking the forums.
    Itīs all down to the Faroe, Iceland and Greenland now! Go!

Sorry - been in the garden picking black currants, red currents and raspberries! Really like the idea of groups supporting minor factions and eventually becoming powers. I hope also that we get minor factions supporting existing powers.

Great idea getting Community goals generated by players.

Honestly guys, 99% of people would settle for better social tools first and foremost.

Lets say you set up a system for what we'll call a "curated friends list". It's a list of players that acts similarly to your friends list, except its vetted by a single (or group of) "curators". These "curators" can invite or dismiss members from the lists (and of course you can leave whenever you want), making the management of a large mutual list of friends less of a chore for each individual pilot. Let each list have a unique name, so its members can easily identify and communicate with each other in game. You could even let players be members of multiple different versions of these lists if you'd like, they don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Now, some of the more astute members here might have noticed what I just described is actually a guild interface. But I don't see what's so threatening to the community about the above, given the proposal in the opening post goes much further and is actually what a lot of people arguing against "guilds" initially actually feared (i.e. group centric content).

Is this the right place for this? Who knows. But given this thread isn't melting down at the initial proposal (although I suppose there's still time...), I thought I'd put it out there.

Why does the thread have the [private] thingy?

Glad to see the structure announced!

Let's get playing!

Zac,
    Thank you very much for your help setting up this process.
    I know all the communities will be delighted with this.

Thank you very much frontier.

Page 1 of 7 1235 Last