Page 43 of 170 FirstFirst ... 38414243444548 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

I'd just like to say that it's very nice to see MB patiently answering community questions here on the forums all morning.

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    Premium Beta already includes the lifetime pass, so you don't have to pay for Elite Dangerous: Horizons.

Michael
    Hi Michael,

What constitutes premium beta?

I am a Beta backer. I paid 50 for the game in November 2014, so am I a premium beta backer or just a beta backer?

Do I have to pay an extra 30 to get this expansion?

If I do have to pay, is there any discount for "non premium" beta backers to get the life time expansion pass? 130 is a bit too pricey for me

5:55am CDT on 8/5/2015 - https://www.frontierstore.net/ is down.

So, the big question for me is, "WHEN IS THE BETA ARRIVING ?"

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Other than the fact that you would have been playing the game for all of that time in between. Christ what is wrong with people! If you don't think that paying a bit extra is worth playing the game for a year, then don't bother. Hell why not just wait for 10 years and then buy the game then, it will be cheaper than buying and playing it as time goes along!
    Indeed. Since Horizon includes the full game (which allows FD to keep on selling the game for full price) and this pattern will probably repeat in the coming years people can just wait until they think the price is worth upgrading for. If they don't think it's worth it then don't upgrade.

Buying more or less yearly releases of Assassins Creed, CoD, NHL, FIFA is fine, but this isn't?

For a "MMO" game it's pretty cheap anyway 30/12 = 2,5 per month. Except here you aren't forced to pay anything unless you want the content.

Originally Posted by Frop View Post (Source)
    For instance, I'm afraid landing on planets will be anything but a seamless experience, that exploring them will simply use the current USS-style of "random" encounters and that all bodies outside the bubble will be just as barren as the rest of the universe.
    If you look at the core game as an example, would you then expect deep/layered mechanics within Horizons? Or lots of simple mini-games? ie: As you suggest, simplistic USS style encounters, and simple scanning and mining etc etc? Or would you expect deep/broad mechanics allowing involved (emergent) gameplay and mechanics?

My feeling at the moment is to base my expectations on current history... I'm expecting lots of simple unconnected mini-games.

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Other than the fact that you would have been playing the game for all of that time in between. Christ what is wrong with people! If you don't think that paying a bit extra is worth playing the game for a year, then don't bother. Hell why not just wait for 10 years and then buy the game then, it will be cheaper than buying and playing it as time goes along!
    Are you saying it is a priviledge to be promised the greatest thing ever, pay 50€ for it and then realize all you got a 'a nice framework' and placeholder gameplay, get to play that for six months, and then smile and bend over when it turns out those coming later on, who aren't burnt on the lackluster gameplay yet, get to pay a lot less overall for the base game + expansion?
    Where is you dignity ?

Obviously FD can do without my money for now, else they'd be trying a bit harder to get it via sensible pricing. If the base game is any indication anyway, it will be years before Horizon has enough meaningful content to justify the price.

Originally Posted by OriginalBadBoy View Post (Source)
    The point he was trying to make was that as loyal customers, existing players are getting shafted and new players are not.

Its the same old 'new customers only' deals that you get everywhere. This should be priced somewhere between 10 - 20 for existing owners at the most. And that's coming from a Frontier shareholder. 30 is way to much given what 'new customers' are getting.
    The point he and you are missing is that the base game will be a year old. We paid for the base game, we didn't pay for any future major updates.
    Horizons is a major update (effectively a complete new game in its own right) to the base game, anyone buying Horizons will naturally get the base game required for it as well.
    Anyone that already has the base will be able to upgrade for a fee less than the cost of Horizons stand alone.

Perfectly fair.

Originally Posted by nosscar View Post (Source)
    so i take this that as a beta backer, (sept 2014) but not a premium backer, i have to buy beta again.
    This is wrong, all beta backers should keep their beta access we paid for, not have to buy it again.
    Eh, not really, you still have beta access for the base game (unless something changes, I would imagine any future expansions like 1.4 etc will have a beta period) which standard beta owners should have the option to partake in.

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #640
    Originally Posted by OriginalBadBoy View Post (Source)
    The point he was trying to make was that as loyal customers, existing players are getting shafted and new players are not.

Its the same old 'new customers only' deals that you get everywhere. This should be priced somewhere between 10 - 20 for existing owners at the most. And that's coming from a Frontier shareholder. 30 is way to much given what 'new customers' are getting.

Doesn't affect me persoanlly but I can why a certain percentage of other players (people who bought in the last 6 months) are going be a little bit peeved by this.
    The deal is the same for both parties. New customers effectively get the base game for the same (or a bit less) than the discount you get for already owning the game.

Michael

Its what I expected, I don't know what else Frontier could have announced. *Awesome*

$39 is a bargain. A full year of expansions - not jut the initial release. Of course there's the whiners who expect this for free or $0.99 :-\

Holiday 2015 is Christmas. Yes, its the P.C of saying "Christmas". You wouldn't want to offend anyone, would you now :-\

Originally Posted by AndrewJohnson View Post (Source)
    Ok getting confused a bit. I'm an ED premium backer, do I get Horizons free? I believe I do. Do I have to order it or will it automatically be added to my account for download?

Michael can you answer these for me please
    Yes, you get for free, as you have lifetime expansion pass already. Afaik you don't need to order anything.

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #643
    Originally Posted by TheStonefox View Post (Source)
    Hi Michael,

What constitutes premium beta?

I am a Beta backer. I paid 50 for the game in November 2014, so am I a premium beta backer or just a beta backer?

Do I have to pay an extra 30 to get this expansion?

If I do have to pay, is there any discount for "non premium" beta backers to get the life time expansion pass? 130 is a bit too pricey for me
    You're a beta backer - Premium Beta was 100 or higher reward tier.

Michael

Originally Posted by Jukelo View Post (Source)
    Are you saying it is a priviledge to be promised the greatest thing ever, pay 50 for it and then realize all you got a 'a nice framework' and placeholder gameplay, get to play that for six months, and then smile and bend over when it turns out those coming later on, who aren't burnt on the lackluster gameplay yet, get to pay a lot less overall for the base game + expansion?
    Where is you dignity ?
    I never fail to be amazed by some peoples lack of understanding and logic...

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post (Source)
    Indeed. Since Horizon includes the full game (which allows FD to keep on selling the game for full price) and this pattern will probably repeat in the coming years people can just wait until they think the price is worth upgrading for. If they don't think it's worth it then don't upgrade.

Buying more or less yearly releases of Assassins Creed, CoD, NHL, FIFA is fine, but this isn't?

For a "MMO" game it's pretty cheap anyway 30/12 = 2,5 per month. Except here you aren't forced to pay anything unless you want the content.
    Stop, stop with the logic. You're not giving them a reason to carry on moaning

Page 43 of 170 FirstFirst ... 38414243444548 ... LastLast