Page 66 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    Yes you do.

Michael
    Thank you Michael

Originally Posted by Steve50 View Post (Source)
    Actually.. There is a holiday at the end of this month, August bank holiday! Soon, perhaps we'll get Horizons then!*

(*note to Frontier, please be clear "what" holiday you mean and if you mean Christmas, say Christmas. Mucho thanks!)
    Quite right :D

Rimmer (on radio) : "Mayday"

"Mayday!"
    I wonder why they call it Mayday?

It's only a bank holiday.
    Why not "Shrove Tuesday", or "Ascension Sunday" ?

(on radio): "Ascension Sunday, Ascension Sunday!
    Second Wednesday after Pentecost, second Wednesday after Pentecost ..."

Originally Posted by FrodoHobbits View Post (Source)
    Michael,
    Tad confused. Do you have to own ED to play EDH ?
    Yes and you cannot own EDH without ED. If you don't have ED already, it will be included in EDH. If you already have it, you get a discount on EDH instead.

Maybe - but Mars has an atmosphere so isn't landable in Elite Dangerous: Horizons.

Michael
    'Initially' that is...right? ;)

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #980
    Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    Did you eve make airfix models ..
    On the front is a pic of the plane, the battle to play in ..

yet, inside the box, is a bunch of plastic bits!

So NO, there is no third person view in ED ..

BUT from the viewpoint of the pilot / buggy driver .. you CAN visit these places / do these things.
    3rd person view in trailers is 100% valid.
    I want to be totally geeky and try and guess which plane it is in the second picture - is it a Typhoon (or Eurofighter as they used to be called)?

I knew I picked the right time to Retire from EVE and get back into Elite!

Great joy, not unexpected though! :D

2 questions:

• How will it be connected to the main game? I can hardly imagine any meaningful gameplay connection to the base game since expansions are not mandatory for all.
    • Do owners of a lifetime pass need to order expansions or will they get automatic access?

Anyway, I'm just happy! :)

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #983
    Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    Do you mean initially, or does that mean that planetary landing won't be expanded to planets with atmospheres, and then life and civilization, within the scope of the season?
    Not within the season - planets with life and atmospheres are further down the line.

Michael

Looking forward to this.

Saying holiday season usually implies around Christmas, and when they also mentioned "end of the year" and December, it seems rather clear. Now whether it will be on Dec 25 or Dec 31 or Jan 1st is something they themselves may not have set yet. Holiday just means some time late December, probably. I really doubt there's a secret date that's more specific than that at the moment.

The pre-orders are only through our store, the steam release will be the released product. However if you already have the game and then buy Elite Dangerous: Horizons you will have access to the Cobra MkIV.

Michael
    Thank you.

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    Do you mean initially, or does that mean that planetary landing won't be expanded to planets with atmospheres, and then life and civilization, within the scope of the season?
    Exactly. It's almost as if that statement yet again could have been "stated more clearly", right? :D

I swear... they make an effort to be as ambiguous and non-committal as possible. ;)

EDIT:

Not within the season - planets with life and atmospheres are further down the line.

Michael
    Okay, thank you. Now I know that I don't have to invest in Horizons (yet). That's all I wanted to know, really. I'll wait and see what's going to happen (or not going to happen) down the line. :)

Originally Posted by Adam Woods View Post (Source)
    I want to be totally geeky and try and guess which plane it is in the second picture - is it a Typhoon (or Eurofighter as they used to be called)?
    That was my guess as well - intake looked familiar

I am happy like a child.

I am wondering about the Cobra Mark IV.
    It is for those who joined in the first year?
    Could I get a more specific date?
    I did preorder ED and the lifetime expansion pass, but I have no idea whether I did in the first year.

If I do not get the Mark IV I will be so disappointed.

WELL G DONE FRONTIER!!!

Ok now that I'm awake enough to post... ( woke up at 4 to read the announcement ) you guys managed to roll a homerun, slam dunk and touchdown all in one. Seriously this will shoot all the lights out and I had very high expectations of the planetary landing expansion. But that's not all! the introduction of a rover was really an unexpected bonus! let's just say of Mass Effect one of my favorite parts (if not the favorite part) was driving the rover and disregarding every single safety measure. Can't wait to do that in ED. Also forget CQC this opens up a new possibility!!!! Galactic Racing Leagues. Think about it you got planetary rallys or even space station tracks for rover racers!!! It totally needs to happen!

Again THANKS! and WELL DONE!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    I am happy like a child.

I am wondering about the Cobra Mark IV.
    It is for those who joined in the first year?
    Could I get a more specific date?
    I did preorder ED and the lifetime expansion pass, but I have no idea whether I did in the first year.

If I do not get the Mark IV I will be so disappointed.
    I'm going to guess that if you played Elite Dangerous any time in 2014 you should be good.

Michael
    Thanks, Michael. From the GamesRadar article, there would appear to be a "loot & crafting" update in early 2016 - is this included within the scope of this season?

Also, there has been mention of a Ships update - where does that fit in the release timeline, please?

Page 66 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5662636465666768697076 ... LastLast