Page 70 of 170 First 66686970717274 Last
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2541

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Originally Posted by jabokai View Post (Source)
    Not always. Way back when, SPL was touted as an expansion (whether in phases or not) and FPS as another. I could dig out the quotes but I'm not actually fussed myself - just saying that it's worthy of note as it does differ from ancient times and people who are buying SPL phase 1 should know it won't include SPL on veggy worlds... which you have now cleared up of course.
    Wait, what? Seriously?

Oooh, that one's worth noting - planetary landings will split over at least two expansions then. People had generally assumed SPL would be one expansion up until now.
    Only people that haven't been paying attention...

Oooh, that one's worth noting - planetary landings will split over at least two expansions then. People had generally assumed SPL would be one expansion up until now.
    You might have assumed that. But since DBOBE said a couple of years ago that they might have to start with airless planets, many of us thought otherwise.

Originally Posted by Jacob Marshall View Post (Source)
    I may have missed the answer.

Are atmospheric landings part of the EDH expac, or when released will they be an additional purchase?
    He said that it's not for the EDH "season"

Sooo, any info about the end date for the preorder?
    I'll hawe to wait at least two weeks before being able to buy the expansion, and i'd really like to still get the cobra mk IV :3

Originally Posted by AnnuverScotinExile View Post (Source)
    You might have assumed that. But since DBOBE said a couple of years ago that they might have to start with airless planets, many of us thought otherwise.
    Well, judging by the replies in this thread, I wasn't the only one! I knew they were introducing landings in phases, but charging separately for those phases was never mentioned, I don't think. I guess your assumption could have been one way or the other at that announcement.

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post (Source)
    Only people that haven't been paying attention...
    One expansion (and charge), several phases.

Michael, what time scale determines a "season" in regards to this? 3 months or a full year? (sorry if it's already been asked!)

Have you ever played Mass Effect 1?
    Remember planetary landing with the Mako (vehicule) and the exploration/combat gameplay?
    Far from being fun/interesting, we were glad to see this gone away from Mass Effect 2 and 3...
    Please, don't do this...please...

I need to know a couple of things, for a friend, I'm sorry if it was already asked.

My questions are:

1) Preordering Elite Dangerous: horizons, gives INSTANT access to Elite: Dangerous?
    2) A steam key is provided buying the game from Frontier?

Ty for the patience.

Originally Posted by Metalstardust View Post (Source)
    So far I have paid 5p per hour for ED. So to pay for Horizons is not a problem. What other leisure activity can you do for 5p an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, I just did the math too.

I've played 1200 hrs and paid $50. I just added lifetime pass for $180, so total $230. If I stopped playing today, I will have played for about 19 cents per hour. Works for me.

And of course, I'll keep playing, so that will just go down.

Hey guys and girls from Frontier Development!

Did i get this right, after buying the game i have to pay extra money to get content (planetary landings), that was supposed to be an elementary part of the game? Don't get me wrong, the game so far is beautiful, you can see and feel the big ammount of work and passion invested by the dev-team. That there is still a feeling of emptiness sometimes isn't a problem to me, you guys filling it up constantly, it was always stated by Frontier Development that the game will evolve over time and every player agreed to buy the not yet finished product... and at least it is a space game... But having to pay additional money for something that was always said to be part of the gaming experience is kinda outrageous. The 14€ discount and the pimped Cobra MkIV are... nice gestures, but nothing more than that. It's not some of the promised parts of the game I've been waiting for. To make sure you don't misunderstand me: I don't want to offend you or decry what's released so far. I love Elite: Dangerous, seriously! But grabbing my money twice for one completed game isn't right or fair.

Nice news to wake up to this morning. Looking forward to the new game play. Just bought ED a couple weeks ago and have been having a blast. Don't at all mind paying for the new content.

I played Star Wars Galaxies from the day it went live to the day it went off line. I paid for every expansion as they came out, and I think there were 4 of them, and on top of that I paid a monthly subscription fee of $15. So I do not mind paying for this expansion...just glad there is no monthly fee! Not sure why people are so upset about paying for the expansion...Frontier said in the kickstarter that major expansions like that would have to be purchased.

14. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1049
    Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    So does that mean if I buy this horizons thing, I'll have to pay again when atmospheric landings come out? How much is it going to be stretched out? When walkies mode comes out will I have to pay to walk around the ship, and then again to walk around on planets?
    I ask because I was under the impression planetary landings would be a single expansion that you pay to access and is continually developed from airless moons to atmospheres and cities etc. Not sure I could justify paying 3-4 times the price of the base game just to get the one bit I want.
    The content and features are done in seasons, with the current game being essentially the first season. Elite Dangerous: Horizons will be the second season, so if you purchase that you get all the content and features for that season. There will then be other seasons which have different content and features - although as we've only just announced the next season they're a bit far away to talk about!

Michael

Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post (Source)
    I need to know a couple of things, for a friend, I'm sorry if it was already asked.

My questions are:

1) Preordering Elite Dangerous: horizons, gives INSTANT access to Elite: Dangerous?
    2) A steam key is provided buying the game from Frontier?
    I especially want to know about the steam key... I am ready to pay for the expansion now, but bought ED on Steam just a few weeks ago. I want to make sure I can get it on Steam (linked to my steam account) as soon as it is available.