Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bleia Permit Zone

The Bleia Permit Zone

A little while ago a few explorers from the Elite: Dangerous Community on Facebook went on a mission to travel the Four Corners of the galaxy. On our way home we found a huge permitted area of 5 sectors we have now called the Bleia Permit Zone. Even before I reached home I decided I would go back out and see if I could find anything at the zone. I know there are plenty of permitted areas out there in the void and they are being kept aside for something special but unless we look we will never know what is there. I reached the zone a couple of weeks ago and since then I have been scanning the edges of the perimeter. I started in the Bleia3 sector and worked my way clockwise around the zone. I have had some interesting results. Each sector seems to be a bubble of permitted systems with Bleia1, 3 & 5 on the same plane with Bleia2 above and Bleia4 below. I have now reached the Bleia1 sectors and continuing my scans around the zone and hope to find something of interest. I know there has been talk of Non-Stellar objects out there for us explorers to find and it has also been said that the Thargoids have been in the game since 1.2 so I thought this might be a good place to start looking. I hope to be back in populated space for when Horizons is released so I can return and start scanning the planets too. Who knows what we will find out there, if anything. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Name:  Screenshot_0106.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  264.4 KBName:  Screenshot_0107.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  289.2 KBName:  Screenshot_0108.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  243.2 KBName:  Screenshot_0109.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  235.6 KBName:  Screenshot_0110.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  205.3 KBName:  Screenshot_0111.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  201.9 KBName:  Screenshot_0112.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  238.8 KBName:  Screenshot_0113.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  187.9 KBName:  Screenshot_0114.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  191.7 KBName:  Screenshot_0115.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  228.3 KBName:  Screenshot_0116.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  186.3 KBName:  Screenshot_0117.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  166.5 KBName:  Screenshot_0119.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  212.5 KB

Nice work, interesting pictures.

Proposed Thargoid space perhaps?

"Lines and lines and lines and lines..."

I too ran into Bleia permit space during my trip, and it is indeed huge. At first I thought 'Thargoids!!', but this place is far far away from the populated space, I don't think many pilots would want to travel for so long only to be shot down and restart thousands of light years away.

So I figured this was the place where developers test things out in the Open, to check that network works etc., while still not getting in the way of players.

If true, it would be pretty evil (yet epic) to obtain the permits and bring a fleet of Bacondas and rain death and destruction on poor unsuspecting FDev testers

Nice work

I skirted those permit sectors quite a few months back (January I think). There is another permit sector in that part of the galaxy too, called Praei, its a few thousand LYs further out, embedded within the Scutum-Centaurus arm, and like Bleia its split up into 6 distinct regions. I'm not sure anything interesting will be placed there in the near future due to the distances involved.. there are over half a dozen more large permit regions much closer to home that may see some content before those on the far side do.

Now that you've provided screenshots of the region I'll add them to the next map update

Thargoids
    They will be released upon the Galaxy in the near future, we wouldn't even notice for months, as they expand and explore if not for the work by the OP. At the same time we will be allowed to expand human occupied space, building stations and occupying planets as we go.
    Then there will be an incident, possible contrived as the two groups meet.

and my imagination goes on.

Has Anyone tried slowboating to a permitted system?

By my calculations, at full in-system frameshift speed of 2500c, it should be possible to traverse interstellar space at the rate of 3.5 hr/ly. Prior to 1.3, the fuel usage made it impractical, but with a Type 6 or Asp loaded down with extra fuel tanks, it should be possible to cross the interstellar void in a few hours, especially if you can get close...

3 ly = 10.5 hours.

I'm on my way back to habitable space ATM, so maybe I'll give it a try after I refit...
    As long as you keep enough fuel to jump to a scoopable system nearby, it should be perfectly safe. (assuming that entering a permitted system doesn't kill you )

Originally Posted by MarcusVatta View Post (Source)

By my calculations, at full in-system frameshift speed of 2500c, it should be possible to traverse interstellar space at the rate of 3.5 hr/ly. Prior to 1.3, the fuel usage made it impractical, but with a Type 6 or Asp loaded down with extra fuel tanks, it should be possible to cross the interstellar void in a few hours, especially if you can get close...

3 ly = 10.5 hours.

I'm on my way back to habitable space ATM, so maybe I'll give it a try after I refit...
    As long as you keep enough fuel to jump to a scoopable system nearby, it should be perfectly safe. (assuming that entering a permitted system doesn't kill you )
    Nice thinking, but not the first and more disheartening news for you: this won't work. It turns out you can't supercruise to another system, no matter what. The instancing is what doesn't allows this to happen. You will eventually hit a wall upon which you will be asked to Hyperjump.

So is a galaxy made of isolated bubbles...

Here, have a tissue..

Originally Posted by Kancro Vantas View Post (Source)
    Nice thinking, but not the first and more disheartening news for you: this won't work. It turns out you can't supercruise to another system, no matter what. The instancing is what doesn't allows this to happen. You will eventually hit a wall upon which you will be asked to Hyperjump.

So is a galaxy made of isolated bubbles...

Here, have a tissue..
    *sniff* I thought that might be the case. Oh well.

The galactic generator has a few quirks and some regions have been walled off simply because they were producing anomalous results. No thargoids here.

Originally Posted by MarcusVatta View Post (Source)

3 ly = 10.5 hours.

It can't be done from what I've read as part of the jump is loading the systems.

Originally Posted by vickershaft View Post (Source)
    It can't be done from what I've read as part of the jump is loading the systems.
    Right. Hyperspace jump is necessary to load next room system. People tested supercruising to another system, and it definitely doesn't work.

Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post (Source)
    The galactic generator has a few quirks and some regions have been walled off simply because they were producing anomalous results. No thargoids here.

That is a huge area for an issue with something being generated wrong. The Devs had said themselves that they cannot check all the systems in the game and they see things random and new from us all the time. To wall of 6 whole sectors which have unique names for 1 or 2 issues seems a bit like hitting a fly with a bazooka.

That said I am really hoping for something there eventually, would give me an excuse to go back out that far again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast