Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lone Gunman – Teenage Rage

8 47.06%
  • Yaffle – Bedtime stories

5 29.41%
  • Frank – The Trumble Died

7 41.18%
  • cassius – The Family That Pirates Together…

7 41.18%
  • Ian Phillips – Brotherhood

5 29.41%
  • Darren Grey – The Hunter’s Family

4 23.53%
  • Philip Coutts – Dangerous Times

1 5.88%
  • azdour – The Family

1 5.88%
  • insanephoton – Growing up

3 17.65%
  • Riedquat – One of the family

0 0%
  • Darkoba - Keep it in family

4 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drabble Poll - Family

Drabble Poll - Family

Gather round the fire children, and heed the stories of your family. For we, the Elite Community are one big happy family…

*hugs*

Usual rules apply, three votes apiece and self-voting will get you a stern look and no invite to Christmas dinner

Have fun and enjoy the drabblicious drabblyness! Good luck!

---------

01) The Lone Gunman – Teenage Rage

Mother and sister were in the kitchen when Father ran into my bedroom and said the bad men were here

I looked up scared

He saw as i began to shake, arms wrap around me, he dosnt understand!

"quickly under the bed!" he left

I lay there as i heard the voices downstairs

Shouting, protesting innocence, something smashing

Silence, they've gone, footsteps come creaking up the stairs

"are you there?" came a voice

I come out and look up at the Imperial inquisitor

"You did well informing us of their disloyalty, you are part of our family now"

I smile

---------

02) Yaffle – Bedtime stories

As usual Serena went to read her daughter a story. They were in deep space, silent, alone. She sat on the end of Sarah’s cot, and read about a caterpillar which ate part of everything in sight. The holobook had clever holes in it where one could see it had been eaten.
    Sarah was withdrawn, as always on long voyages. She kept the sheet over her head, her breathing betraying her presence.
    As usual, she said at the end “shall I check under the bed for monsters?”
    Under the cot a familiar voice said “Mum, there’s something in my bed.”

---------

03) Frank – The Trumble Died

Long runs are hellish, trapped for months with only one other person for company, and Mary had been looking daggers at me for weeks. I hadn't done anything wrong.

Her gaze never dropped as she told me of her business proposal. "We've almost got enough money to afford an Anaconda. The extra cargo space means we can recuperate the cost very quickly and we could use the extra living quarters."

I smiled. A bigger ship meant more crew, someone else to talk to. I'm all for that.

She searched my face for comprehension, "We need to buy within five months."

---------

04) cassius – The Family That Pirates Together…

Delilah lined up the laser sights. The Cobra drifted in front of her, beaten and dying.

“Last chance, drop the cargo and I’ll let you live. I’ll even send someone to rescue you”

“Go to hell, you !” Came the venomous response, with so much hate it could be felt through the crackly speaker.

She hesitated, shocked at how deep the words cut her. She’d been called names before, far worse. But this was different.

She shrugged off the momentary weakness,

“You should have expected this” she replied as she pulled the trigger. “So long Dad, you taught me well.”

---------

05) Ian Phillips - Brotherhood

A hand reached out clamping onto his wrist. A sharp tug and he was free of the wreckage, but with a torn suit leaking his air out. Another pair of hands slapped a patch over the tear and he was towed, barely concious, to the rescuer's ship.

Later he woke to the smiling face of his shipmate.

'You know, you can measure family by the amount of shared genes that you have with someone. But what makes someone truely family, are the experiences that you share together. Having the same parents is just coincidence.'

"Good to see you alive, brother'

---------

06) Darren Grey – The Hunter’s Family

Getting older, family reunions become the highlight of my year. No more space battles, asteroid field chases, dark ambushes – this is the one time I get some peace.

I’ll see Ma and Pa, still in their rusty old Cobra. Young Elly will grin in her Eagle as I regale her with my adventures. My darling Gina will be silent, brooding in her Viper, but I know she's secretly proud.

Docking into Tionisla Graveyard I see them all lined up together. My family, all hunters like me. But none quite as good.

Getting older, I realise it's lonely being the best.

---------

07) Philip Coutts – Dangerous Times

I wait, my battered Anaconda hanging dead in space amongst the asteroids. The hum of the generator and blip of the emergency beacon are my only company, yet I don’t feel scared. I know my family are nearby, I just need to be patient.

I feel the disturbance as a ship flashes into view shuddering as its frameshift drive rapidly decelerates. My saviour has arrived.

The Samaritan carefully approaches offering help.

Explosions and fire rip the oily black sky asunder.

I power up my ship and salute my family who are picking over the wreckage, we will dine well tonight.

---------

08) azdour – The Family

In the station bar while waiting for the target, I found myself flicking through an old family heirloom they used to call a photo book.

The pictures made me smile. They were faded, ragged and old, but they portrayed the professions that were still strong in our family even today.

My mind started to wander... Bored of waiting.

I wondered to myself how I was going to introduce myself to the target?

And this word on the cover...

The one that has been bugging me for ages.

I must remember to look up and see what this word means: 'mafia'.

---------

09) insanephoton – Growing up

Laura gives me a reproachful look as if to say 'now you know what it's like'. It's a fair point, I guess. Until now, I'd never really considered how it was for her, left at home, whilst I've been away. I get it now, time moves in slow motion, I feel utterly helpless.

It's Katy's first solo trip. She told me not to worry. But I do.

I see the Cobra landing back on the pad. She's home and she's fine. The relief floods though me and the proud, bitter-sweet realisation that my little girl is all grown up now.

---------

10) Riedquat – One of the family

Lennox moved towards the cargo bay door slowly, careful not to drop the cake he had spent the last few minutes lighting candles on.

With a hiss the doors opened and he moved towards a container marked 'CRYO'

Carefully he placed the cake down and blew a thick layer of dust away from the access mechanism.

"Happy birthday boy", he said softly, the lid of the Cryochamber slid automatically to one side with a clunk.

“Yeah, I know I know”, he said holding his hands up in front of him, “but where am I gonna get dog food around here?”.

---------

11) Darkoba - Keep it in family

The Federation Marines on the deck listened to their orders.

“Remember, this is a peaceful mission. Just collect the trouble-maker from jail and bring him back. No unnecessary force.”

Marine-Sergeant McAuber, on the last mission of his stint, recognised the planet immediately the drop-capsules left the ship.

Home! Not seen for fifteen years, while protecting the Federation.

McAuber led the platoon through an angry but controlled crowd (he recognised a few faces) to the town hall.

A local police-official went to fetch the main rabble-rouser from his cell. He returned with a defiantly scowling prisoner. McAuber stared in disbelief…

“Dad?”.

Thanks for hosting Cassius. You've done a wonderful job, especially letting the prodigal son, Darkoba, post so late. The more contestants the better, even if it does mean having to wait for a moderator to help us out.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Thanks for hosting Cassius. You've done a wonderful job, especially letting the prodigal son, Darkoba, post so late. The more contestants the better, even if it does mean having to wait for a moderator to help us out.
    They are like buses and also there are so many of them about now that one of them is sure to accidentally fall into this thread.....

Darkoba has been added. Let the voting begin!
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

Many thanks to Cassius and Steve, for including me in, and thanks to Cassius for hosting.

To go beyond (in Kaze no Uta)... to drabble a bit ... and then return

Thanks for hosting Cassius. You've done a wonderful job, especially letting the prodigal son, Darkoba, post so late.
    Does that mean you're my prodigal dad, Frank? It sorta fits in with my (late but gratefully rescued) drabble.

Hmmm can anyone tell me what this "0" thing that keeps appearing next to my drabbles is? Is it a good thing?

Originally Posted by Philip Coutts View Post (Source)
    Hmmm can anyone tell me what this "0" thing that keeps appearing next to my drabbles is? Is it a good thing?
    It does! Its an exclamation, like "Oooooo, this drabble is so excellent i mustn't sully its good name with lowbrow things like 'votes' "

Originally Posted by Darkoba View Post (Source)
    Does that mean you're my prodigal dad, Frank? It sorta fits in with my (late but gratefully rescued) drabble.
    We could take a DNA test, but the last time I took one the lab sent back my sample. Said I'd contaminated it by spilling Janx in it.

We could take a DNA test, but the last time I took one the lab sent back my sample. Said I'd contaminated it by spilling Janx in it.
    Ah, but we know better, don't we? No Janx spilled in your sample! Oh, sorry, I'm being naively obvious...

Ah, but we know better, don't we? No Janx spilled in your sample! Oh, sorry, I'm being naively obvious...
    You're being naively obvious.
    And I've a tendency to be naively obvious...

.... <open arms> SON!!!!

Originally Posted by frank View Post (Source)
    you're being naively obvious.
    And i've a tendency to be naively obvious...

.... <open arms> son!!!!
    lol :d

lol :d
    Surely:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/WC_Yaffle/yafflesig2_zps1f3a9858.png

Originally Posted by Yaffle View Post (Source)
    Surely:

It's not THAT bad. Frank's gonna teach me how to sew Velcro to bar stools.

Uhhhmmm. This has suddenly gone a bit wierd!
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast