Page 1 of 121 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Canonn - Interstellar Scientific Research

The Canonn - Interstellar Scientific Research

A thread for all chat related to and about The Canonn interstellar/intergalactic scientific research group.

Contents subject to amendment!

CMDR Britain
    The Thargoids are not the enemy
    "Alien archeology and other mysteries" archive | YouTube | Images/Audio

Originally drawn together from the four corners of inhabited space to investigate the Unknown Artefacts, The Canonn consists of Commanders from all professions, all allegiances, and all walks of life. One common goal unites them: to seek the truth behind the galaxy's mysteries at any cost.

Do you have what it takes to join the Tin Foil Berets?

1. Register an account to this site- Be sure to include your in-game CMDR Name, Frontier Forum name and make sure you click the link in your registration confirmation email.

2. Introduce yourself- Once you’re registered, you’ll be able to introduce yourself on our ‘Start Here!’ forum. Tell us about yourself, where you heard about us, why you want to join, and what your favourite biscuit is!

3. SCIENCE!!- Once you've completed the first two steps, someone will do some behind-the-scenes magic that will give you access to this page and the rest of the site. This page contains our TeamSpeak & important links, as well as other information.

What will happen if we fill this thread as we can only have one thread? Hm............anyway I brought some biscuits! Arcanonn gets first pick as our biscuity leader
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=51382&dateline=1431463710
    Links: Youtube Twitch

Great wonder if this one will move as fast as the UA thread.
    Come To Open The Space Is Lovely.

If we are trying to select potential "homes" I guess the question is what the criteria are?

Is the Canonn a political / military group/faction? If so, we might want to be well situated in the "bubble" for expansion opportunities. If not, we might be better off in a more remote location where we're less likely to be "expanded into". Ooooerr.

Having a high-tech, large population station would be a benefit for outfitting.

Having an outpost is handy for selling illicit goods without risking fines.

A station close to the arrival point would be nice, cuts down on the repetitive commute time.

At least one scoopable star is a useful one.

Anything else?

Originally Posted by who? View Post (Source)
    If we are trying to select potential "homes" I guess the question is what the criteria are?

Is the Canonn a political / military group/faction? If so, we might want to be well situated in the "bubble" for expansion opportunities. If not, we might be better off in a more remote location where we're less likely to be "expanded into". Ooooerr.

Having a high-tech, large population station would be a benefit for outfitting.

Having an outpost is handy for selling illicit goods without risking fines.

A station close to the arrival point would be nice, cuts down on the repetitive commute time.

At least one scoopable star is a useful one.

Anything else?
    Resource extraction sites
    Black hole ( for any future testing we may do )
    a variety of different types of planets gas and solid.
    Edit and how about a planet that could be terra-formed for when we get proper planetary landings

Originally Posted by slartybartfast View Post (Source)
    Resource extraction sites
    Black hole ( for any future testing we may do )
    a variety of different types of planets gas and solid.
    Edit and how about a planet that could be terra-formed for when we get proper planetary landings
    Good suggestions. At least one rocky/icy planet too, just so we get to play around on the surface without having to leave home.

I think that KOTAITION is a nice one and sorta......well something like that or better would need to be found in my opnion to top it.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=51382&dateline=1431463710

If you are looking for a base may I suggest Taukura. 100% higher fines and bounties and about 300 to 500 ly away from civilisation.
    "It had begun with Ben Ryder, who had traded almost exclusively using shot-up pirate ships. Ben had lived life on the edge, and one day, one night, one star year, he had not returned" Ben's Keyboard controls PDF & Quick Start Guide updated 5 August 14

Dang, I was really hoping this was a thread where we talk about the science of Interstellar.

CMDR Runcible Shaw Expert/Ranger/Trader/Mostly Helpless
    SEARCH ... wherever I guess?

How about Soontil
    Its out of the way, has some mystery about it and a few planets so we have plenty of landscapes to chose from for racing and other silly things we may find our selves doing.
    Only downside is no Black hole and does not have a station.

Originally Posted by Ben Ryder View Post (Source)
    If you are looking for a base may I suggest Taukura. 100% higher fines and bounties and about 300 to 500 ly away from civilisation.
    Hmm, with an 'illegal' UA in your hold, the 100% higher fines might be a problem.

How about we start a protest, 'Legalize UAs now!'
    Commander for hire. For the right price and the right cause.

Originally Posted by slartybartfast View Post (Source)
    How about Soontil
    Its out of the way, has some mystery about it and a few planets so we have plenty of landscapes to chose from for racing and other silly things we may find our selves doing.
    Only downside is no Black hole and does not have a station.
    Needs to have a population.

Forget bh. There are none in the bubble

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Sigon View Post (Source)
    Hmm, with an 'illegal' UA in your hold, the 100% higher fines might be a problem.

How about we start a protest, 'Legalize UAs now!'
    For legal ua, we would have to be anarchy, and that would hinder influence gains too much

Question Canonn Discord Server - Browser/App based Text/Voice comms

Research & Supply Vessel
    GNOSIS
    The Canonn Capital Ship

Join the Canonn Discord server by typing canonn.science/gnosis into your browser, or by clicking this link. Follow the instructions on the #gnosis channel to be verified!

Page 1 of 121 1234511 ... LastLast