Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Dangerous: Voice Attack commands, Alpha 4.3 (Cobra MkIII)

Exclamation Elite Dangerous: Voice Attack commands, Alpha 4.3 (Cobra MkIII)

Hello Folks.

Just a bit of an update on my previous Voice Attack Video. This time flying the Cobra MkIII and using voice commands for supercruise and docking etc. in Alpha 4.3. I'm only using a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS which is probably the best bang-for-your-buck Joystick (but not the best outright) available. However, any limitation on buttons is made up for by using VA.

My Cobra MkIII profile can be found here;

I tip my hat to Commander Flak and the Wombat, without who's excellent VA guides I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing!

Voice Attack can be found at the link below

Happy Hunting Commanders

Much appreciated mate, looking forward to setting this up when I've got some more time.

Ab

Originally Posted by Spiggs View Post (Source)
    Hello Folks.

Just a bit of an update on my previous Voice Attack Video. This time flying the Cobra MkIII and using voice commands for supercruise and docking etc. in Alpha 4.3.
    Would you mind sharing your profile?

Originally Posted by TheGoatee View Post (Source)
    Would you mind sharing your profile?
    No, no at all. I'll try and link it up somewhere in the first post once I've figured out where to put it.

Johnney Readhead gets first refusal though. I promised him a profile ages ago but have been working on a new version for the Cobra MkIII.

Update: Link to Cobra MkIII VA profile now in first post! Enjoy

Here are my profiles. You need to have the full version though.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtovuj3aln...te-Profile.vap

If you get tired of trying to remember what keys you have used or want to see them, I went with another's though on a spreadsheet, but took it a step further.

When you use a keyboard command, it will show true for use. False ones are available. Because of the way the lookups work, I had to use alphabetical sorting on the functions, but tried to keep them close. It works ok. I never claimed to be an expert as excel. Oh yeah, it's and ODS file type (Open Document Source)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic21zmckhx...tecommands.ods

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Rudder pedals. These two need work, but since it's an alpha, it is still WIC.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78rdb2y34rqf3n/Custom.binds

I would really like to see others profiles and binds. And, yes, I have posted these on 2 other forum threads. I have just been updating them.

Originally Posted by Spiggs View Post (Source)
    No, no at all. I'll try and link it up somewhere in the first post once I've figured out where to put it.

Johnney Readhead gets first refusal though. I promised him a profile ages ago but have been working on a new version for the Cobra MkIII.
    Thanks Spiggsy

Great video!

Are the commands easy to figure out from the profile, or is there a command list that can be printed or pdf /text file displayed on another screen for quick reference.

The is exactly why the more bindings we have, the better!

Nice work!

Great thread among many for voice attack. I chose the most recent as the voice attack threads need consolidated and then stickied.

I have check the various VA threads and the VA website and am looking for an answer to a particular problem, well two.

Note: I have a registered copy of VA.

First the key press (hold) time window question. Example: I use this command "Press q key for 3 seconds and then release".

I do not want to use record because it is not accurate and yet when I try to change the time in the "Edit a key press window" the time will not adjust. It will allow me to backspace the numbers away giving me 00.000 but I cannot change the time in any way, tried highlighting, button press etc. using record is haphazard rinse and repeat until I get the time I want. "Press and release" is checked.

Next. Why cant I cut and paste large numbers of commands straight to the add a command window? I have used many vap's and many of my own and in combining them I would find it easier to cut and paste sections to new command strings rather than retype them a line at a time...plus the pesky press and hold time thing.

Note: I do not need to cut and paste or use the add feature between vap's as I know how to do that.

What am I doing wrong with the hold time not being adjustable? And will I just have to bite the bullet and retype line by line on long strings?

Update on numbers not inputting: On some programmable keyboards the NUM Lock will be disabled even though the light is on. I called RAZOR and asked them if some programs disabled the numlock and/or indicator light and they stated yes. They said the key light for numlock will be on or off in the last state a person left it but the toggle for the numlock still works. I tried that and the number keypad finally input. I had assumed since the Num lock light was on everything was fine but Voice attack disables the light toggle function on this particular keyboard and I could not trust the num lock light.

Thanks for any help.

Excellent program!

Using joytokey I setup a button on my joystick to enable/disable VoiceAttack listening.
    So now I have one button for TS, and another button to give orders to my ship, and can still speak without either one reacting.

This program is great if you have limited numbers of buttons on your stick and or prefer to have easier to remember verbal commands for various things.

I'd love an API in the game - a little webserver perhaps that listens to a local port, for things like VoiceAttack to talk to.

e.g.

* You say "Show nav chart"
    ** VoiceAttack sends the API the show nav chart command
    ** VoiceAttack asks the API what's on the nav chart so it can recognise destinations, etc.

But really, just the ability to manipulate any of the commands available in the UI via an API instead.

This would be a world better than some of the things that people are currently doing with macros (like the power management stuff where the macro navigates the interface and sends key impulses).

Thats totally amazing.¨How complex is to set up?

It wasn't complex to set up at all. Took me all of 5 minutes to download, decide to purchase, install, then import Spigg's profile. Very easy and awesome!

Hi Spiggs,

Thanks for sharing your VA profile. Just had a problem importing it to VA. Got the following:

Error loading profile data.
    (There is an error in XML document (1.17).]

Would love to try out your profile. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Cheers

Argentum

Originally Posted by Argentum View Post (Source)
    Hi Spiggs,

Thanks for sharing your VA profile. Just had a problem importing it to VA. Got the following:

Error loading profile data.
    (There is an error in XML document (1.17).]

Would love to try out your profile. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Cheers

Argentum
    Clicking on the link should take you to a simple drop box download page. Please select download and not save target as.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast