Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: CQC Update: 1.4 Gamma 3

  1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

    Exclamation CQC Update: 1.4 Gamma 3

    Greetings Commanders,

    We will be taking the galaxy servers offline for an update!

    This update shouldn't take any more than 30 minutes.


    Below is the listing of changes and updates for this patch.



    • Don't crash when we try to eject all cargo and we either: have no cargo hatch, or the cargo hatch is shutting down
    • Fix audio crash in Powerplay GUI
    • Fixed audio getting stuck in lobby
    • Reset the backfill timer when leaving CQC or ending CQC gameplay. This prevents it from trying to start backfill matchmaking when not in a game session
    • Increasing the amount of time it takes for the shields power-up to respawn to match the others
    • Control changes for context schemes so that they maintain keyboard alternatives wherever they were present in the original control pad scheme these were based from
    • Fix spawn points facing the wrong direction in Elevate
    • Decreased the time the highest end AIs spend "on" the interdiction vector to make them a little easier
    • Fix missing shield rings in GUI
    • Tidy up faction data caches for all factions, not just the final
    • Share the star system daily digest data between all web servers to try to avoid caching issues
    • Fixed user display name not being set properly after creating a new commander
    • Fix an index error in matchmaking
    • Speculative fix for Re-fuel limpet rapidly damaged hull and destroyed ship
    • Various server side matchmaking fixes
    • Check for timestamps on incoming CQC Updates - we can discard any messages received out of order
    • Increasing the radius on Ice Field slightly so players have a bit more space behind the structures
    • Strange audio issues if you enter the Galactic Powers or System Map while the overheat warning buzzer is playing fixed
    • Very loud in-game error sound effect when accessing Galaxy Map and when entering or exiting Galactic Powers Menu fixed
    • Announcer welcomes players to "Close quarters championship" fixed



    Thanks,
    Brett C

  2. #2
    ...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Ohhh nice.

  3. #3
    Thanking you kindly sirs and madams. Looking forward to possibly getting a couple of CQC matches later. PEWPEW! Ratatatatata etc.

  4. #4
    So stress test is over? Does gamma update apply to main game now or CQC stress test?

    NWM - update button for stress test just appeared

  5. #5
    Very nice. The matchmaking fixes in particular sound promising.

  6. #6
    Updates are always welcome, thanks for another one, hopefully it will smooth things for EGX a bit more.

  7. #7
    My client found an update and started to do so...
    It seems the whole files will b e downloaded again?
    Is that ok?
    I thought the update was a server-side update.

    NOTE: It jumped to 95% in the progress bar

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by badtrip View Post (Source)
    My client found an update and started to do so...
    It seems the whole files will b e downloaded again?
    Is that ok?
    I thought the update was a server-side update.

    NOTE: It jumped to 95% in the progress bar
    It has both server side and client side updates.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    - Very loud in-game error sound effect when accessing Galaxy Map and when entering or exiting Galactic Powers Menu fixed
    This also is happening for me with the System Map. Very annoying, you have to turn the general game-sound way down or else be deafened when opening the maps.

    Playing the Beta last night (always up for a treasure hunt) and found a few:
    - When taking a screenshot, the display can be messed up for a few seconds (the scanner was floating about the screen with headlook). Happened twice.
    - FAS cockpit is VERY dark, is that normal? Can't see anything in the cockpit, bar the lights. It seems to get virtually no external light in.
    - Interdictions are very, very weird. Lost 3 in a row, unless you're 100% dead-centre (which I couldn't get exactly) you'll lose in a few seconds. Then I had another where the escape vector was at the top of the screen and I never got near it, and won (??)

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by BEKTOP 3APEMOB View Post (Source)
    So stress test is over? Does gamma update apply to main game now or CQC stress test?

    NWM - update button for stress test just appeared
    Pretty sure that Gamma is their usual name for 'what comes after Beta but before release', as per pre 1.0, but they've slapped the tag "Stress Test" as the aim for the CQC gamma process.

    Brett, any clarification on "Fix an index error in matchmaking" - which index does it refer to?

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    • Decreased the time the highest end AIs spend "on" the interdiction vector to make them a little easier

    Uh, they're only a little easier, now, right? I like the idea of it being almost impossible to escape from Dangerous+ opponents.

  13. #13
    - Share the star system daily digest data between all web servers to try to avoid caching issues

    Is this a fix for when system government type doesn't match in galaxy map?

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

    We will be taking the galaxy servers offline for an update!

    This update shouldn't take any more than 30 minutes.


    Below is the listing of changes and updates for this patch.



    • Don't crash when we try to eject all cargo and we either: have no cargo hatch, or the cargo hatch is shutting down
    • Fix audio crash in Powerplay GUI
    • Fixed audio getting stuck in lobby
    • Reset the backfill timer when leaving CQC or ending CQC gameplay. This prevents it from trying to start backfill matchmaking when not in a game session
    • Increasing the amount of time it takes for the shields power-up to respawn to match the others
    • Control changes for context schemes so that they maintain keyboard alternatives wherever they were present in the original control pad scheme these were based from
    • Fix spawn points facing the wrong direction in Elevate
    • Decreased the time the highest end AIs spend "on" the interdiction vector to make them a little easier
    • Fix missing shield rings in GUI
    • Tidy up faction data caches for all factions, not just the final
    • Share the star system daily digest data between all web servers to try to avoid caching issues
    • Fixed user display name not being set properly after creating a new commander
    • Fix an index error in matchmaking
    • Speculative fix for Re-fuel limpet rapidly damaged hull and destroyed ship
    • Various server side matchmaking fixes
    • Check for timestamps on incoming CQC Updates - we can discard any messages received out of order
    • Increasing the radius on Ice Field slightly so players have a bit more space behind the structures
    • Strange audio issues if you enter the Galactic Powers or System Map while the overheat warning buzzer is playing fixed
    • Very loud in-game error sound effect when accessing Galaxy Map and when entering or exiting Galactic Powers Menu fixed
    • Announcer welcomes players to "Close quarters championship" fixed



    Thanks,
    Brett C
    What is about the german translation? Will it be fixed on final release? --> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=179468

    Thanks

  15. #15
    What about the multiple graphic bugs on the anaconda,.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast