Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: The 65000 LY from Sol Club

Originally Posted by Piso deUorrior View Post (Source)
    Also, I'm curious and I do stupid things like flying 65k ls to tag beauties like these
    In the explorer's forum that's not so much the stupid thing as the obviously correct thing most of the time, unless you're in a huge rush.
    CMDR Cruento Mucrone - somewhere out there in my Cobra Silence Unbounded, Python (Unapologetic) Lifer For Rock And Roll​ or Clipper Anar Kaluva Tielyanna ...

Originally Posted by Stupid_hippy View Post (Source)
    I'm a loner,always have been. If I run into others,fair enough,but I go my own way.
    Enjoy your journey CMDR! Perhaps we'll meet your out there.

Z...

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Reporting in.
    Still right before the 28k meridian.
    I'd be much further but I decided to take a peek at the furthest point above Sag A* and I took my time.

Also, I'm curious and I do stupid things like flying 65k ls to tag beauties like these

Edit: I'm actually past 28k ly.

Attachment 88998
    I live for those discoveries - I'd fly twice as far as Hutton for that!

Z...
    CMDR Barefoot Bandit
    Pilot of The Golden Phallus™

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

Originally Posted by R'awx Najjar View Post (Source)
    I highly doubt I can reach even >65,100ly with a 26.5 jump range, let alone Beagle Point, but I have planned on trying to get further so I will definitely try. Where I am now is a dead end for me so I must backtrack several systems.
    Thanks a lot, untill it's fun for you it's a great service for the expedition!
    Reporting in.
    Still right before the 28k meridian.
    I'd be much further but I decided to take a peek at the furthest point above Sag A* and I took my time.

Edit: I'm actually past 28k ly.

Attachment 88998
    Take all the time in the world, exploration is made for these discoveries, otherwise it makes little sense. And Above all have great time. Updating your incoming.

Hello fellow explorers !

CMDR Leo Sagan happy to report the Jules Verne Anaconda explorer crossed the 65Kly barrier a few systems ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65Kly.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	89015

We'll explore the nearby systems and try to push as far as we can.

Fly safe.

Originally Posted by CMDR AKIRA MASAKARI View Post (Source)
    If your name is AKAVILYN the N had always been there, where do you read your name with a lack of an N? in the list it's correct.
    Apologies - put it down to sleep deprivation! The list looks fine.
    Bug Reporting Details:
    Mac Pro (Mid 2012), OS X 10.11.02 / Windows 10, NVIDIA GTX 980, Web Driver 346.03.0, System Report
    MacBook Pro (Retina 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X 10.11.02 / Windows 10, Intel HD 4000 , System Report

2 slots remaining before club member N° 50.

Soon i will draw a line in the list that will say: Jump-boost era begins. I have to do it since the first CMDRs with that technology are already getting there, and some difference is there, since navigating the far rim without boosts is way more difficult than with them. I remeber 50 ly gaps between clusters that required hours to turn aroud and now can be boosted in a single leap. So indeed the difference is huge, and must be taken into account, valorizing the ones that made it in pre-boost era.
    For the players that departed before jump-boost technology, for some time, i will add the line (Expedition departed before jump-boost tech implementation), but eventually I will give up becouse it will be really difficult to make differences.
    The list will go on in chronolical order and a separate list won't be made.

Godspeed CMDRs!!!!
    Here's the new Northern Meridian.

It lays just 32 LYs off the 0 line and is only 14 LYs below Sol's plane. At 65,424 LYs from Sol its about as far as I could get for the northern meridian star. I think the next one out is 93 LYs away, even a J3 jump won't reach that far.

This is obviously a post-Jumponium entry, and was achieved by CMDR Erimus (not Kamzel this time, he's still in retirement until Distant Worlds ).

There are probably hundreds of systems further out all along the outer rim so if this is a distance record it'll only be temporary. I didn't tag all the worlds in the systems I passed through as to give other explorers who make it out this far a chance to get their own names out here too (a bit of Rendezvous Point explorers etiquette doesn't harm).

Damn you, not even got back to the core following my first trip to the 65k line and you've me a new target to aim for once I get my Exploraconda - a new cardinal point!!!

Originally Posted by Erimus View Post (Source)
    Here's the new Northern Meridian.
    Grats, looks like you were travelling as fast as me! I didn't have any chance to explore yesterday so you have the distinction of being the first CMDR to venture beyond the pre-jumponium limit of the galaxy.

Originally Posted by Allitnil View Post (Source)
    Grats, looks like you were travelling as fast as me! I didn't have any chance to explore yesterday so you have the distinction of being the first CMDR to venture beyond the pre-jumponium limit of the galaxy.
    I passed through Beagle Point yesterday after reaching the meridian. I'm heading 'southwest' towards Svenno's Crossing and will see if there is a more westerly route back into the Scutum-Centaurus Arm. I think I have enough Jumponium to make it across if I find a path (famous last words ).

Good luck out on the rim, and save some worlds for the DW fleet!

Originally Posted by Erimus View Post (Source)
    I think I have enough Jumponium to make it across if I find a path (famous last words ).
    /me starts the Jumponium Castors, a group dedicated to bring jumponium to those stranded 81LY away from the closest system.
    THE FUEL RATS : We have Fuel. You don't. Any Questions ?
    Kerenn "Two Jumps" * Vatueil "Old School 65K"
    Saved - 77 "Nudged" - 6 Lost - 7
    Real Life Fuel Rescue - 1

Originally Posted by Kerenn View Post (Source)
    /me starts the Jumponium Castors, a group dedicated to bring jumponium to those stranded 81LY away from the closest system.
    Jump rats, Shirley?

2 slots remaining before club member N° 50.

Soon i will draw a line in the list that will say: Jump-boost era begins. I have to do it since the first CMDRs with that technology are already getting there, and some difference is there, since navigating the far rim without boosts is way more difficult than with them. I remeber 50 ly gaps between clusters that required hours to turn aroud and now can be boosted in a single leap. So indeed the difference is huge, and must be taken into account, valorizing the ones that made it in pre-boost era.
    For the players that departed before jump-boost technology, for some time, i will add the line (Expedition departed before jump-boost tech implementation), but eventually I will give up becouse it will be really difficult to make differences.
    The list will go on in chronolical order and a separate list won't be made.

Godspeed CMDRs!!!!
    Damn, then I'll speed up.
    It definitely makes sense, but I departed around June and to be honest I wouldn't like to be lumped together with the post Jumponium travellers.
    Not that it would be much less of an achievement, but still.

Phew...made it over the line...just

Evidence

Name:	65k_Evidence.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	89182

Detailed distance

Name:	65k_Map_Sol.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	89183

The (obligatory) 'me looking at the galaxy' image

Name:	65K_Sky.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	89184

I'll keep exploring and working on a max distance once I have taken a bit of a break

Originally Posted by mw_aurora View Post (Source)
    Phew...made it over the line...just
    Well done Cmdr!!

Now, only 1 place last for the First 50 Club??? Race on for the remaining incoming?

Whoops and apologies - missed Cmdr Leo Sagan....

Originally Posted by Arnoldo View Post (Source)
    Well done Cmdr!!

Now, only 1 place last for the First 50 Club??? Race on for the remaining incoming?
    We need a group patch an image of the Galaxy with a 50 over it maybe.

Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast