Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Returning from exploration? - The Guard Dogs, Providing Safe Passage to the Bubble

  1. #1

    Returning from exploration? - The Guard Dogs, Providing Safe Passage to the Bubble

    Hello, Commanders. CMDR aRottenKomquat here with a new tool I hope will be valuable to us explorers who are worried about getting interdicted by NPCs on our return trips and losing months worth of exploration data! Visit our IRC channel and wing up with other Commanders who can escort you safely into the Bubble for those last several hundred light-years!

    Rules:
    • Wing up for protection when < 1 Kly from home.
    • If you want to be a Guard Dog, use a fast, well-armed ship, and watch IRC for explorers who are nearly home and want protection.
    • If you want to just chill in the IRC channel, that's fine too!
    • If you want to use your own IRC client, you can use server irc.us.gamesurge.net and channel #EliteGuardDogs


    http://www.eliteguarddogs.com



  2. #2
    Great work Cmdr!! I look forward to meeting members of the Guard Dogs on my way back into the bubble in a few weeks' time.

    Thanks for setting this up. +1rep

    Frawd
    Cmdr Frawd Digger...247 days to Beagle Point and back in a Sidewinder
    First Sidewinder past 65,000LY. First Sidewinder to Beagle Point


    Voyage Logs: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ore-in-a-Sidey; https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...rim-in-a-Sidey

  3. #3
    My apologies to anyone who tried to use the site last night, I somehow put in the wrong IRC channel name when uploading the web page to my host. It should be #EliteGuardDogs, not #EliteDangerous. It may be overridden by local cookies if you've already been there, so you might have to type in the correct channel yourself, or try CTRL + F5 to reload the web page without cache.

  4. #4
    Going to use open? Mobius? Private group?
    'Cause I'd rather take my chances in winging up in Mobius and potentially face NPC, than go in open and potentially face NPC & CMDRs.
    # apt-get purge engineers

    Why does the computer keep saying "Friendship Giant Sausage"?

  5. #5
    How are you vetting your 'guard dogs'?

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Going to use open? Mobius? Private group?
    'Cause I'd rather take my chances in winging up in Mobius and potentially face NPC, than go in open and potentially face NPC & CMDRs.
    Whatever people want.

    Originally Posted by Stoo View Post (Source)
    How are you vetting your 'guard dogs'?
    I'm not. Right now my plan was to simply provide a tech resource to make it easy for explorers to meet up. If anyone wants to become more organized than that, that's fine with me and I'll gladly help, but I'm just a tech guy.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    That's amazing, I had very similar thoughts and was entertaining the idea of starting something along those lines. Glad my procrastination habits turned this into a self-solving issue with someone else doing it for me

    Great idea, hope it pans out. BTW, do consider Mobius or even creating a private guard dogs group - this way anyone breaking the rules would be quickly removed from group, improving security.

  9. #9
    rep +1 for this

    might take advantage of this when i get back from my current trip, and offer my services after that

  10. #10
    I appreciate the idea but tbh I would far rather return in solo than wing up with players I don't know.

  11. #11
    Vetting is easy, there's a list of CMDRs who have done the Sag A run.
    Does anyone think that those CMDRs would blow up returning explorers?
    There's a list of lonely explorers, many of whom I've friended, and i'd say the majority of the friends are back in the bubble. If they want to volunteer, why not?
    Use Mobius as default, because PvP'ers are taken care of quickly.
    In short, I'd trust anyone who is part of Mobius, and/or has done the sag a run, and on the friends list.
    # apt-get purge engineers

    Why does the computer keep saying "Friendship Giant Sausage"?

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Vetting is easy, there's a list of CMDRs who have done the Sag A run.
    Does anyone think that those CMDRs would blow up returning explorers?
    There's a list of lonely explorers, many of whom I've friended, and i'd say the majority of the friends are back in the bubble. If they want to volunteer, why not?
    Use Mobius as default, because PvP'ers are taken care of quickly.
    In short, I'd trust anyone who is part of Mobius, and/or has done the sag a run, and on the friends list.
    Good idea. I will look into Mobius.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    I definitely think such a group within Mobius would be the best - great idea BTW

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Fian View Post (Source)
    I appreciate the idea but tbh I would far rather return in solo than wing up with players I don't know.
    With the new NPCs probably solo is the most dangerous. Group or even Open, winged, in an High Sec Sytem with few players and the station close to the star is probably the best bet right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast