Updated to v1.35 - uninstall, download, reinstall - profit!
The latest version of my little Best Profit/Commod info Windows application is here:
The app uploads the data to a backend database, which is shared by:
The Web version of the app - see: Here
And the Android version of the app - available from: Here
- Run it "As Administrator"
- leave it running in the background while you play ED. It'll upload prices as you dock/fly around.
- after docking, pop in and out of the market 3 or 4 times if you want to force the app to grab the data, otherwise it takes a few minutes before it's available. Just pop into commod market, then click exit two or three times, quite easy.
I've added in if a commodity is produced/consumed by a station, if it's illegal and the "fence" price (the black market figure).
The Best Profit Calculator will use fence prices at the destination if the commodity it recommends is illegal there, but in practice, those aren't as lucrative as trading legally.
The BPC will try and upload stats from ED every 90 seconds or so, but it only uploads stats which change to keep the overhead tiny. Although the economy is dynamic, it doesn't move *that* fast so there's no need to keep sending the same data.
In the same vein, it'll download prices from the database ever 60 seconds which is more or less instantaneous.
If you'd like to disable uploading/downloading, use the tick boxes for Auto Parse (which is the upload) and Auto-Update (which is the download).
(I'll have an android update out shortly which improves speed/stability).
All 3 tools now share the same back end data, and with a few people running the BPC app on their machines and docking regularly, it should be quite up to date.
Standard disclaimer - I wrote this app for my own amusement, no warranty or anything else applies - use at your own risk. It's also hooking into FD's train set, and if that is an issue, expect it to vanish overnight.
In the meantime, enjoy Beta!!
- added "Station Stock" page to the web version
- added Last Update column to the web version
- Windows version updated to 1.2, added Last Update time to BPC and Station/Commod info
- Updated to 1.3, fixed column data error
- App now warns if new version available
- Backend fixes to stop massive price changes
- Search area widened
- Updated to 1.35, fixed a schoolboy error. Whoops!