Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Special Effect – One Week Blind Auction

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

The Special Effect – One Week Blind Auction

Greetings Commanders,

As you may already know, on the 21st December at 12:00 GMT, Community Manager Ed Lewis will be taking on his greatest challenge yet… a 24 hour livestream. The entire event is in aid of Special Effect and we’d love for you to join us. The details are here .

In addition to these amazing events and prizes, we will also be running a blind auction. We have six fantastic prizes (listed below) which are a one of a kind, unique prize. To get involved you simply take a look at the list and decide if you would like to bid on any of the items.

To bid in this blind auction, simply send an email to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line “SpecialEffect auction”. In the email include the name of the item you would like to bid on. The price in pound sterling you would be happy to donate to the charity and your commander name.

The auction starts now and will end on the 17th December at 09:00 GMT. We will take the highest bidders on each item to win. Remember all of the proceeds will go to SpecialEffect so only bid if you are happy to donate. It’s a blind auction, so please keep your bids secret.

Winners will be contacted at the end of the auction and will be asked to donate to our just giving page to the value of their winning bid for each item. Donations should only be made if you are contacted as the winning bidder.

Donations made as part of the blind auction do not count in the 24 hour livestream prize draw but additional donations will be included as tickets.

Name your own station

An extremely exclusive item. Previously only available as a high-level Kickstarter reward, this item can now be bought in this charity auction. Please note: Frontier will decide on the station location and reserve the right to edit, adjust and veto names at their discretion.

Your Personal Unique Paint Job
    This prize is an exclusive one of a kind paint job only for you on the ship of your choice. You’ll get access to our designer, Tjaart, who will help develop the paint job and add it your account. Frontier reserve the right to void or veto any requests and suggest alternatives if they are not possible or suitable for the game.

Every paint job in the Frontier Store

This prize is for one of every single paint job, including paint packs, in the Frontier Store. This includes all Paint Jobs currently available but won’t include future paint jobs released.

Lifetime expansion pass

Currently not available to purchase this item gives you every single expansion in Elite Dangerous starting with Horizons. It also includes access to every beta update that comes to Elite Dangerous…. forever.

Limited Edition Artwork

Only roughly 100 of these were ever produced. We have one available in the closed auction and what’s more, ours will be signed by the artists. Please note that this does not come with a frame and will likely require a custom frame to fit.

VIP Community Golden Tickets (Pair)
    The Community Golden Tickets will grant you access to any and every community event for Elite Dangerous in 2016. This includes all live event meet ups, the CQC live final, front of queue for all public events and any other unannounced events happening in the future . What’s more it also includes standard admission into Lavecon and Fantasticon! Please note that only admission is granted to the events. Accommodation and expenses are not covered.

Nice!

All these look so damn attractive - LTE, all paintjobs, your own UNIQUE SINGLE IN WHOLE GALAXY paintjob, VIP access....
    I'm afraid as poor student i can't participate, but still it looks really tasty

Limited Edition Artwork link leads to a 404 page

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Limited Edition Artwork link leads to a 404 page
    Fixed!

I assume this is limited to a single ship but that the ship is of the winners choosing?

Today is a day I wish I had lots of money, there are several in there I'd love to get, but no way I could bid enough. :-P

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #7
    Originally Posted by djamila View Post (Source)
    I assume this is limited to a single ship but that the ship is of the winners choosing?
    This is correct.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    This prize is an exclusive one of a kind paint job only for you. You’ll get access to our designer, Tjaart, who will help develop the paint job and add it your account.
    Oh my. If only I weren't a poor student, I'd give so much for that

Lovely jam sponge!

I can foresee the one unique custom paintjob going for a lot of money.

I just hope FD have rules in place that prevent, for example, something like "Gold Corvette", which would otherwise the option for FD to add a Gold Corvette paintjob to the store as a regular item.

I've just bid a billion dollars for each of them. So you can all just give up and forget about it....

quietly places a bid for $0.01 and hopes the tactic works

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    I've just bid a billion dollars for each of them. So you can all just give up and forget about it....

quietly places a bid for $0.01 and hopes the tactic works

Phew, so glad they are only taking bids as per
    The price in pound sterling.......

Oh dear....there goes the wifes Christmas present..

My personal paint job would be MR BEAN's Face on a Cobra looking back at you...

Originally Posted by Colonel Kenney View Post (Source)
    My personal paint job would be MR BEAN's Face on a Cobra looking back at you...
    Pure class!

I was wondering can we make a bid for every prize or just one?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast