Page 1 of 57 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 844

Thread: Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

  1. #1

    Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

    With the advent of Horizons there are even more bindings to remember, so it's a good time to generate a reference sheet for your own customised configuration.

    The reference sheet generator has been updated and is available at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/ It takes a copy of your custom binds file and generates reference sheets for you for both keyboard and HOTAS. Details of how to use it are available on the site.

    If you find any problems with the files that are generated, would like another product supported, or have any general comments then please put them here. Thank you, and I hope that you find this useful.

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    With the advent of Horizons there are even more bindings to remember, so it's a good time to generate a reference sheet for your own customised configuration.

    The reference sheet generator has been updated and is available at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/ It takes a copy of your custom binds file and generates reference sheets for you for both keyboard and HOTAS. Details of how to use it are available on the site.

    If you find any problems with the files that are generated, would like another product supported, or have any general comments then please put them here. Thank you, and I hope that you find this useful.
    Oh Man, just WOW!

    Rep for you sir for creating such a useful program!

  3. #3
    This is great! Anyone care to share their awesome mouse/keyboard bindings which includes driving the buggy? I still have to set that one up.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Ervig View Post (Source)
    This is great! Anyone care to share their awesome mouse/keyboard bindings which includes driving the buggy? I still have to set that one up.
    Note that if you allow the binds to be public when you upload them you'll be given a URL on the reference sheets you can use to share them, and even to download the binds file if you want.

  5. #5
    It looks really damn useful. I'd like to see the following supported as well

    Thrustmaster Warthog
    Thrustaster Warthog Combined (ie, the virtual controller from TARGET).

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by SnowGhost View Post (Source)
    It looks really damn useful. I'd like to see the following supported as well

    Thrustmaster Warthog
    Thrustaster Warthog Combined (ie, the virtual controller from TARGET).
    Yes, the Warthog is probably the most popular controller that isn't supported at the moment. It's a bit gruelling due to having quite so many switches, but I'll try to put a template together in the next few days and see if the community can put together a mapping for it.

  7. #7
    Now that's clever. I change my bindings more often that I change my underwear so this will save loads of paper (and time).

    How about a "save to PDF" function?

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    How about a "save to PDF" function?
    I considered whether to use PDF or image, and ended up plumping for a high-resolution image. As the majority of the template file is an image anyway it didn't seem to gain me much, plus handling PDFs with large images in them doesn't move very quickly in Python.

    It should print out fine; let me know if you have any specific problems with it.

  9. #9
    Oh wow. Awesome dude! Mods sticky this PLEASE! Or at least direct it to a thread with a collection of super useful posts!

  10. #10
    Very nice tool. I used it to create how my weird bindings would look.

    I use a very different keybinding setup compared to most people with my Thrustmaster Flight-X Hotas X. I use 3 modifiers, but i can control everything with my hotas. I never liked the standard set-up, because i was hitting boost button and such on accident.
    http://www.mcdee.net/elite/configs/qzbvxf.binds

    See image:



  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Nolfy View Post (Source)
    Very nice tool. I used it to create how my weird bindings would look.

    I use a very different keybinding setup compared to most people with my Thrustmaster Flight-X Hotas X. I use 3 modifiers, but i can control everything with my hotas. I never liked the standard set-up, because i was hitting boost button and such on accident.
    http://www.mcdee.net/elite/configs/qzbvxf.binds

    See image:

    I use a very different one too, but 3 modifiers would be confusing to me. I boiled all the functions you have into 1 modifier. Great job on the tool OP!


  12. #12
    Great Tool thanks for taking the time.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Alshain View Post (Source)
    I use a very different one too, but 3 modifiers would be confusing to me. I boiled all the functions you have (except silent running but I could squeeze it in, also I use TrackIR so no Headlook for me) into 1 modifier. Great job on the tool OP!

    I guess by Modifier you mean like a Shift key to double up the key functions? I've heard of something like this but I can't find a 'Shift' option in the ED Controls Menu. If this is the case, about a Modifier button, how do you do it? Cheers.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Avago Ero View Post (Source)
    I guess by Modifier you mean like a Shift key to double up the key functions? I've heard of something like this but I can't find a 'Shift' option in the ED Controls Menu. If this is the case, about a Modifier button, how do you do it? Cheers.
    You just hold the button down and press a second button when assigning, just as if you were using it. I updated mine to include silent and headlook. I tried to design mine to have either 1. Reverse function on the modifier (i.e. Next Fire Group/Previous Fire Group) or 2. To have action not needed in combat on the modifier (Cargo Scoop, Lights) since you can usually press those at your leisure or 3. All important modifiers on the stick.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Avago Ero View Post (Source)
    I guess by Modifier you mean like a Shift key to double up the key functions? I've heard of something like this but I can't find a 'Shift' option in the ED Controls Menu. If this is the case, about a Modifier button, how do you do it? Cheers.
    You simply hold down the modifier and press the required button when asked for the key. It should show up in the binds panel as something like "JOY_1 + JOY_2" (in this case JOY_1 is the modifier and JOY_2 is the button).

Page 1 of 57 1236 ... LastLast