Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Community Horizons Trailer Competition

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Community Horizons Trailer Competition

Greetings Commanders,

To celebrate the Elite Dangerous trailer showing in cinemas before Star Wars: The Force Awakens we've decided to run a competition for all you budding video makers out there.

The concept of the competition is simple - to create your own trailer for Horizons. You can use any shots, voice overs or other tools you see fit to make the trailer. The entire video submission should be no more than 2 minutes long.

The competition will be running for the whole of January so you have plenty of time to get your filming in. The competition will end at midnight on the 31st January 2016.

To enter the competition simply email a link to a publically viewable upload of your video to community@frontier.co.uk

The winner of the competition will win

- Elite Dangerous artwork signed by the Frontier Development team
    - A David Braben Bobble head
    - A paint job or Paint Pack of your choice from the frontier store
    - A Digital Soundtrack from the frontier store

2 runners up will also win a paint job of their choice from the Frontier store.

Top tip: If you wish to access the debug camera. Simply press CTRL+ALT+SPACE. The controls for the Debug Camera can be assigned in Options > Controls by scrolling down to the Miscellaneous controls section and selecting the debug camera toggle option.

T's and C's

- The competition will close at midnight between 31st Jane and the 1st Feb 2016
    - Frontier reserve the right to remove and disqualify any entry for any reason
    - Frontier Developments retain the rights to all game assets, footage and Intellectual property
    - All entrants should maintain a family safe content level
    - Winners will be selected by the Frontier Developments Community Team and will be judged based on any of the following criteria... Storyline, visual spectacle, effort, entertainment value and quality
    - The entire video should be no longer than 2 minutes in length.
    Head of Communications

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    To celebrate the Elite Dangerous trailer showing in cinemas
    Looked awesome, by the way

2 runners up will also win a pain job of their choice from the Frontier store.
    Harsh

Good luck to all the awesome film makers. I dont have the skill or patience for such an endevour, but I look forward to watching the videos of those that do
    Started with a Commodore 64, a tape deck and TV. Starting to show my age.
    Click here to see my screenshot album

I'm in the UK, which is currently UTC+1

It's not the first time they've threatened to give away a pain job, I'm starting to think it's a real thing.

He said the 2 runners-up will receive a Pain Job. Perfect for those "Rocky Horror Picture Show" types

edit->Thanks Zac
    CMDR "Dad of Ryan" - proud father - independent pilot - Private Group Mobius PVE
    Elite-Elite-Elite (PC) based in Alioth (No place like home)
    Elite-Tycoon-Elite (XB1) also based in Alioth (as CMDR Custom24Brian)
    (XB1) Private groups MobiusXUS and ELITEFORUMPG

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    It's not the first time they've threatened to give away a pain job, I'm starting to think it's a real thing.
    Adjusted, thanks!

New competition prizing. Nice.
    Head of Communications

Greetings Commanders,

To celebrate the Elite Dangerous trailer showing in cinemas before Star Wars: The Force Awakens...
    Congrat Frontier!
    Is it only showing in UK? I live in Ireland and haven't seen it before SW.

Adjusted, thanks!

New competition prizing. Nice.
    Zac, it's still in the write-up at the start of this page. Finding a pain job is such a pain .

Edit -- I see it fixed now

Originally Posted by tnxgalaxy View Post (Source)
    Congrat Frontier!
    UK and North America. I didn't see it at the TFA showing at cinecitta in Nuremberg, nor was it shown at a small cinema in Malton, Yorkshire, I heard.

9. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #9
    Originally Posted by tnxgalaxy View Post (Source)
    Congrat Frontier!

UK and major states in US and Canada. It may also be available in other locations but may also not be shown in some states/countries.
    Head of Communications

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #10
    Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post (Source)
    Zac, it's still in the write-up at the start of this page. Finding a pain job is such a pain .
    Y U NO SAVE FORUM!
    Head of Communications

UK and major states in US and Canada. It may also be available in other locations but may also not be shown in some states/countries.
    Ouch... backhanded comment about my state not being 'major' enough for Elite preview...

Good luck video makers!

Y U NO SAVE FORUM!
    You just can't get a decent Head of Community these days.

Streaming on Twitch - 8pm UK

I already have one, but it's really awful quality due to not being able to record a good quality (or even run the game at decent graphics settings) ... does that count? X_X
    CMDR Rhea, helpful contributor to the Elite community
    *A small holofac message is attached to the letter. A young woman bows the Imperial way, and disappears with a smile.*

_

Nice try FDev.
    You fix the missions first and THEN we will make the trailer for you.

15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #15
    Originally Posted by Corrigendum View Post (Source)
    Ouch... backhanded comment about my state not being 'major' enough for Elite preview...

Good luck video makers!
    Hmmm how do I dig my way out of this one...

There are Major states and other - perfectly beautiful, characterful and charming states?

I'm not sure that worked.
    Head of Communications

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast