Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update Regarding Season 2 Content

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    There are 5 stickies? Including the sticky of un-stickied threads?
    That's not a lot to you? IDK man.. just saying if I were running things, I would probably pair it down to one or two. Feels weird to have to scroll passed all that stuff.
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

This is great, I think alot of good stuff gets lost in the shuffle of the forum. It would be nice to get a mention on the newsletter, but honestly what could be better than a Community Manager coming in a thread and putting that information out to us. I have been critical of the communication about the game, but that has been a bit misplaced. I will be patient. I just hope it comes soon. +1 for you doc. Thanks for reminding us that some information has been put out.
    Leader of the Lidpar Training Academy<<<Click for more information
    Former Mentor in the Frontier's Galactic Academy

Case in point:

One of the XB1 stickied threads is the Screen shot competition.

It ended weeks ago.

Winners were never announced so I kinda feel like it never really happened anyway...

But here was an opportunity for the FD community team to announce the winners and showcase their shots in the last.. what? 3 newsletters?

If they had, WOW.. XB1 players would feel like they've not been forgotten from ANOTHER newlettter.

And at the same time, forum mods could have delisted that thread from the top of the forum.

INSTEAD.. it's a reminder to us that we've been forgotten that we need to scroll past on our way down to the other threads... EVERYDAY.
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

Or the GPP and patch threads.. Can't they either be combined? or unsitckied in place of a platform update thread that would link both of them? Or just link them in the Index thread?

You could also sticky the "looking for friends" to the group forum, or unsticky that and also link it in the index thread.

Yeah man.. just looking at the list of stickied threads makes me want to run out back and prune my apple trees. That's not a lot of fun when you live in Chicago in January..

Originally Posted by SpinestTHORR View Post (Source)
    Xbox Horizon thread #1096
    #1097, CMDR. You missed one which was locked last night
    Deadly
    Elite
    Elite

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #22
    Originally Posted by Guywired View Post (Source)
    Case in point:

One of the XB1 stickied threads is the Screen shot competition.

It ended weeks ago.

Winners were never announced so I kinda feel like it never really happened anyway...

But here was an opportunity for the FD community team to announce the winners and showcase their shots in the last.. what? 3 newsletters?

If they had, WOW.. XB1 players would feel like they've not been forgotten from ANOTHER newlettter.

And at the same time, forum mods could have delisted that thread from the top of the forum.

INSTEAD.. it's a reminder to us that we've been forgotten that we need to scroll past on our way down to the other threads... EVERYDAY.

Heya,

I understand the sentiment and feeling you're talking about.

For the competition specifically, we did have winners and they have been contacted, I'll ask Brett C who has that list of winners to get the thread closed up and highlight the winners which must have been missed. I'm sorry for the delay in closing the thread.

As for the newsletter, the majority of content is relevant to everyone playing on all platforms. I understand that the Horizons highlights might not be relevant but the the majority should be. Everything from the story line updates, in game events, CG's and even Pax south are open to all players on all platforms.

The Pax south streaming DOES includes a free paint job (which is obviously not available to Xbox players), we will be making sure that all Xbox Commanders can register for the free paint job and will receive it once they are available.

The Pax south event itself will also be demoed exclusively on Xbox One consoles too.

As I said, I really do understand the frustration. We certainly haven't forgotten the Xbox One community. There are developers working on the game (and some juicy bits of information form Gary on the possible dates too) and we do try and include the community in events such as the 24 hour livestream, the CQC tournament which is coming up in 2016 which has its own Xbox One format tournament with 50% of the prize fund only going to Xbox One players, the in game rare which was picked by Xbox One players. I'd also be happy to promote any player led events and initiatives if there are any specific Xbox One events then let me know and we will make an effort to spread the word too.

We’re also going to be including Xbox One in all our future initiatives. For example, I would like to start a “Galactic Academy” which is a way to help support new users into the game and part of that will be to have veteran players from both PC and Xbox Supporting the new players as part of this process. I would also like to do an Educating Ed in the future which focuses on just the Xbox One community. Ideally involving people like Ben or one of the other guys from Elite one, perhaps invite Jon from pixel bandits. Finally we would also like to make some of the Danger Zone CQC match ups Xbox exclusive too. So keep your eyes peeled for those.

In short, I don't want you to think I am dismissing your concerns, I really am not. I do understand the concern in the community. We're going to be making a conscious effort to try and make sure the balance is fair and that the community feel more supported. If you have any ideas, suggestions or things you would like to bring up, then you are always welcome to send me a PM on the forums.

Thanks,

Zac
    Head of Community Management

Would the "Galactic Academy" be something similar to this? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=191000

we take great pride in helping the new Commander.
    Leader of the Lidpar Training Academy<<<Click for more information
    Former Mentor in the Frontier's Galactic Academy

In light of all this - can I ask what happened to the "Gift" (for want of a better word) that was promised to all the Preview program players on the Xbox one?

Was that decided? If so what was it?

Apologies if this has been answered a number of times, but I don't ever recall seeing anything on here.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Heya,

Thanks,

Zac
    Zac,

Thank you for taking the time to post here and clear away some of the Fog.
    I am excited for what the future will hold for us!

O7

Thanks Zac, the amount of uncertainty and frustration that you cleared away by posting that... Thank you. We are definitely glad to hear that we are cared about.

We're going to be making a conscious effort to try and make sure the balance is fair and that the community feel more supported.
    That's great man! Truly, thank you for all that you have planned to do.

I totally get that we don't make up 30% of the population, but we do make up 30% of the platforms and that seems to get overlooked.

Half the prize money for CQC is honestly amazing. I'm not a PvP guy myself, but reading that made my heart swell.

----------------------------------

Can you shed some light on the strategy for content releases?

Specifically, I would love to know why we have to wait till Horizons to get paintjobs.. but generally, I think the XB1 community wants to know more about the process for XB1 content creation.

What are some myths of the process you would like to clear up?

What processes are intricate that don't get nearly enough attention from the layman?

I had more to ask, but I got distracted.

ANYHOW, Thanks again for the attention, Zac.

Originally Posted by Scram77 View Post (Source)
    In light of all this - can I ask what happened to the "Gift" (for want of a better word) that was promised to all the Preview program players on the Xbox one?

Was that decided? If so what was it?

Apologies if this has been answered a number of times, but I don't ever recall seeing anything on here.

Thanks
    They're working on a decal (Frontier's words) for GPP players. That hasn't been forgotten
    Deadly
    Elite
    Elite

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    They're working on a decal (Frontier's words) for GPP players. That hasn't been forgotten
    OK, thanks BB

Heya,

For the competition specifically, we did have winners and they have been contacted, I'll ask Brett C who has that list of winners to get the thread closed up and highlight the winners which must have been missed. I'm sorry for the delay in closing the thread.

As for the newsletter, the majority of content is relevant to everyone playing on all platforms. I understand that the Horizons highlights might not be relevant but the the majority should be. Everything from the story line updates, in game events, CG's and even Pax south are open to all players on all platforms.

The Pax south streaming DOES includes a free paint job (which is obviously not available to Xbox players), we will be making sure that all Xbox Commanders can register for the free paint job and will receive it once they are available.

The Pax south event itself will also be demoed exclusively on Xbox One consoles too.

As I said, I really do understand the frustration. We certainly haven't forgotten the Xbox One community. There are developers working on the game (and some juicy bits of information form Gary on the possible dates too) and we do try and include the community in events such as the 24 hour livestream, the CQC tournament which is coming up in 2016 which has its own Xbox One format tournament with 50% of the prize fund only going to Xbox One players, the in game rare which was picked by Xbox One players. I'd also be happy to promote any player led events and initiatives if there are any specific Xbox One events then let me know and we will make an effort to spread the word too.

We’re also going to be including Xbox One in all our future initiatives. For example, I would like to start a “Galactic Academy” which is a way to help support new users into the game and part of that will be to have veteran players from both PC and Xbox Supporting the new players as part of this process. I would also like to do an Educating Ed in the future which focuses on just the Xbox One community. Ideally involving people like Ben or one of the other guys from Elite one, perhaps invite Jon from pixel bandits. Finally we would also like to make some of the Danger Zone CQC match ups Xbox exclusive too. So keep your eyes peeled for those.

In short, I don't want you to think I am dismissing your concerns, I really am not. I do understand the concern in the community. We're going to be making a conscious effort to try and make sure the balance is fair and that the community feel more supported. If you have any ideas, suggestions or things you would like to bring up, then you are always welcome to send me a PM on the forums.

Thanks,

Zac
    Pssh. The Pixel Bandits. I wouldn't bother. I took out their whole squadrant in 2 parsecs.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast