Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 645

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous Store And Product Info

  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

    Elite Dangerous Store And Product Info

    Greetings Commanders,

    We wanted to get in touch to let you know about a few changes that we will be making tomorrow and bring you into the conversation with a little bit of early information.

    Since the launch of Elite Dangerous Horizons we have had an incredible response from Commanders in the game. The number of amazing videos, screenshots, player events, CG’s and missions have truly taken our breath away. We are so delighted with the way that the community have taken to the game and we’re super excited for the future releases coming to Horizons throughout the season.

    The Elite Dangerous community is truly the most incredible group of players we could possibly ask for. We value the thoughts and feedback from our community and we’re always looking at how we can take that feedback on board. This is why we wanted to give you these details ahead of time and be as upfront and clear of the details as possible. We are all a part of the long term development of the game and we’re delighted to be on this voyage together.

    Since its launch we have heard some players say they feel confused by Elite Dangerous Horizons and how the purchasing and upgrading of the game works. Thanks to this feedback we are going to changing the way that it appears in the store and on steam.

    To reduce confusion, Horizons will be added as a season pass DLC for Elite Dangerous, rather than an individual product. It’s a relatively small change but it means that on steam and on our store there will now be three options


    • Elite Dangerous
    • Elite Dangerous: Horizons Season Pass
    • Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition


    The deluxe bundle will include the base game, Horizons season pass DLC and some digital goods.

    This will be beneficial in a few ways. First of all it will unite the steam community. This means that we will only have 1 community hub. This is something players have asked for and we’re happy to listen. It also means that the products are clearer for people to understand, reducing confusion, which can only be a good thing!

    However, this does mean that Steam Horizons players will have the Horizons portion of their steam game time counter wiped as it moves back to 1 hub (the in-game counter will still work). Nothing will be effected in game but we wanted players to understand the changes and impact fully.

    In addition to these there are a couple of other changes we will be making at the same time. The base price of the Horizons season pass DLC will be £25 (or equivalent in other currencies) and will not include access to Elite Dangerous, this must be purchased separately. It will still include the entire season of content coming in Horizons. This means that the current loyalty discount to Elite Dangerous: Horizons will no longer exist as all existing players will be able to upgrade directly to the Horizons season pass.

    Finally, by way of a special thank you to everyone who has already bought Horizons before these changes are made, we are giving you an unreleased Asp Explorer gold paint job. And don’t forget, you still have access to the Cobra Mk IV, and this will apply to all players that buy Horizons (and already own Elite Dangerous) before the changes go live tomorrow – new players that get the new deal will not get it.

    Here’s a look at the wonderful golden Asp which will be coming to all existing Horizons players, and those that buy before tomorrow. :)



    Once again, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your incredible continued support and for joining us on this incredible journey. We’d love to get your thoughts and feedback as always so please do let us know below and we will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    The deluxe bundle will include the base game, Horizons season pass DLC and some digital goods.
    Let me start by saying thanks for the golden Asp (and the beginning of a whole new era of Asp puns)... :D

    ... and finish by asking whether existing owners (or at least backers?) effectively have that "deluxe edition" automatically? ;)

  3. #3
    How about a straight up pricing breakdown of old vs new models? Customers will do it anyway, but if you do it now, you'll be in control of the message.

  4. #4
    Ohhh - shiny! me likey!

  5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    Let me start by saying thanks for the golden Asp (and the beginning of a whole new era of Asp puns)... :D

    ... and finish by asking whether existing owners (or at least backers?) effectively have that "deluxe edition" automatically? ;)
    Heya Mephane,

    You are welcome. Enjoy the Golden Asp!

    Good question on the Deluxe Edition. This is effectively three items together in one bundle. Some of them being digital goods. The lifetime expansion pass owners or backers products haven't changed at all. It's just that the Deluxe edition means they can buy both products and some additional digital goods in one bundle.

  6. #6
    Good changes. Should make it easier for new people to understand the pricing. And thank you for the Golden Aspy <3

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    and some additional digital goods in one bundle.
    Then why not tell us what those digital goods are going to be. Need not be 100% precise if not yet fully decided, for example, it makes a big difference between "the option to start with a Cobra and the Vibrant Cobra paint job pack included" and "exclusive paintjob and decal set only for deluxe edition". :D

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    In addition to these there are a couple of other changes we will be making at the same time. The base price of the Horizons season pass DLC will be £25 (or equivalent in other currencies) and will not include access to Elite Dangerous, this must be purchased separately. It will still include the entire season of content coming in Horizons. This means that the current loyalty discount to Elite Dangerous: Horizons will no longer exist as all existing players will be able to upgrade directly to the Horizons season pass.
    Please make sure that those exact contents are in the first sentence of each product's description so that they are immediately visible, your moderators can just link the store page when the inevitable questions crop up and .

    Also, while we're here, will you release the yearly seasons as roll-up, so that if someone bought the base game and the "Ouch My Face" season (working title) in 2018 they'd be treated to all the expansions (Horizons, "They Came From Col Sector BD-3 N-21", and "Ouch My Face")?

  9. #9
    I think this is a change for the better, pretty much for the reasons stated.

    The business model I think is relatively new, glad to see you chaps are thinking and are willing to make changes to lessen confusion and improve things. :)

  10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #10
    Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    Then why not tell us what those digital goods are going to be. Need not be 100% precise if not yet fully decided, for example, it makes a big difference between "the option to start with a Cobra and the Vibrant Cobra paint job pack included" and "exclusive paintjob and decal set only for deluxe edition". :D
    As I remember it the plan is for some early ship paint jobs (Eagle pack - Tactical, Sidey Pack - Military) and one of the bobbleheads. It's items you can currently purchase online but ones that new players might want.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Finally, by way of a special thank you to everyone who has already bought Horizons before these changes are made, we are giving you an unreleased Asp Explorer gold paint job. And don’t forget, you still have access to the Cobra Mk IV, and this will apply to all players that buy before the changes go live tomorrow – new players that get the new deal will not get it.
    Tell ya what, keep the Cobra MK IV and the gold paint for the Asp and just let me buy either a Corvette or a Cutter without the rank! :D

  12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #12
    Originally Posted by bitstorm View Post (Source)
    I think this is a change for the better, pretty much for the reasons stated.

    The business model I think is relatively new, glad to see you chaps are thinking and are willing to make changes to lessen confusion and improves things. :)
    Thanks as always Bitstorm. :)

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    As I remember it the plan is for some early ship paint jobs (Eagle pack - Tactical, Sidey Pack - Military) and one of the bobbleheads. It's items you can currently purchase online but ones that new players might want.
    That sounds good. Something that can be used immediately yet if you don't have the edition you can always get it afterward. :)

    Originally Posted by Splodey Dope View Post (Source)
    Cobra MK IV
    While we are at it, what does this change mean for this? Afaik, you get access by purchasing the base game and Horizons (as opposed to only Horizons right now), but all future purchases will be base game + Horizons DLC. So they get (the ability to purchase) the Cobra MK IV, too? I hope so, at least. But then what about people who bought only Horizons for effectively the same price as the new base game + DLC would cost together?

    I think the best option for this would be to remove that limitation and just let anyone buy a Cobra MK IV as long as they have the expansion, regardless of when and in which manner they bought it. (And I hope you won't repeat this - if you want to add cool stuff to preorders etc., do it like the black paintjobs, that was awesome).

  14. #14
    Hi Zac,

    Excellent news, it'll be simpler to describe to new players now :)

    You may want to edit this part:
    And don’t forget, you still have access to the Cobra Mk IV, and this will apply to all players that buy Horizons (and already own Elite Dangerous) before the changes go live tomorrow – new players that get the new deal will not get it.
    ...to ensure that there's no confusion over access to the Cobra MkIV :)

  15. #15
    I am Still a bit Confused on the Digital Deluxe Part.
    I bought Elite in a Steam sal for 12,50 € and got ED:hoizions as soon as it was released via steam so i got an discount of 12,50 the price was still around 42 € if i remember corectly so still a bit over the price when i would buy it know as seasonpass.
    Soo too thing i want to know:
    1. do i need to reinstal the "normal" elite dangerous via steam or can i still use the "Elite Dangerous Horizions Application" from steam
    2. Does that mean that everyone who bought Horizions before the season pass was there gets the digital deluxe goodies "for free" ?

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast