Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier trading update.

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Frontier trading update.

Hey guys,

This morning we released a trading update that we wanted to share with you.

The update explains that our next instalment of the Horizons season of expansions (2.1 – The Engineers) which was previously planned for April will now move into the beginning of our next financial year. We’re aiming for to release the beta in May.

We’re sorry to keep you waiting, but the Engineers is a truly colossal update and this additional time is being used to ensure that the new content is of the highest quality possible. We take great pride in all of the content we produce and we firmly believe that giving this additional development time is the right thing to do for the game, the studio and the fantastic community of players.

You can read the update here:
    http://www.frontier.co.uk/investor_r...l=edit&blk=275

Thanks,

Zac

Edit: sorry seen posts elsewhere....

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Thanks Zac.

I know a lot of people are asking questions about this and it's good to get an update on the situation.

:)

Fair enough.

Quality > early release .. can't argue with that.

(And I have to say since upgrading my PC the game has run solidly - no glitches / stuttering / etc .. overall impression of the build is top notch)

Zac wanted to point out that May is still within this financial year, so that statement is a bit conusing :) Still, it is much better clarification, and gives nice time frame to look forward to. Thanks!

I hope you can drop nice teases and continue dev updates regarding mission stuff and most importantly crafting and looting which we know nothing about to keep us fed.

Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    Zac wanted to point out that May is still within this financial year, so that statement is a bit conusing :)
    Indeed - although "aiming for May" might be referring to 2.1 Beta, possibly.

Thanks in advance for telling us about the delay! really appreciate that and tbh I really prefer that, instead of delaying it like 1 week before the patch as it has happened in the past.

Would really loved to see at least some of the content ready (weapons?) to be released as a warmup prior to that.

Ie, I would prefer parts of the patch to be updated prior to "final build". So that it is tested accordingly and making sure you will have enough time to make it bug-less/free.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    The update explains that our next instalment of the Horizons season of expansions (2.1 – The Engineers) which was previously planned for April will now move into the beginning of our next financial year. We’re aiming for May.
    So...31st of May at 23:59 then?

:D:P

Thanks for the update. Disappointing, but understandable!

May : near 1st or near 31th

beta in may, main release in june would be my guess..... I hope so anyway. I hope this does not push season 2 into 2017. Personally if this means a working release without broken missions and game breaking bugs, then i can live with it. :)

good luck all @ FD

Yaaaay! About time Trading got some attention. It's one of the most boring careers in the game, trading on the final frontier should be....

....oh.

Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    Zac wanted to point out that May is still within this financial year, so that statement is a bit conusing :) Still, it is much better clarification, and gives nice time frame to look forward to. Thanks!

I hope you can drop nice teases and continue dev updates regarding mission stuff and most importantly crafting and looting which we know nothing about to keep us fed.
    The UK financial year generally runs April->March

Or are you referring to FDev's (the company's) financial reporting year? Which could be different

Thank you for giving us an approximate date Zac. Delays happen but I apreciate that the quality of the update is being focused on rather than the speed at which it can be put out there.

Looking forward to the Engineers. Especially the one with an afro - (we all secretly know that coding zero G afro physics is what caused the delay, don't deny it! :p)

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Indeed - although "aiming for May" might be referring to 2.1 Beta, possibly.
    Yeah, I kinda have general impression - it seems they are very sure beta might land in May, with release at the end of May/first week of June. If that's true, it gives nice, solid time frame to look forward to.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by DavelKence View Post (Source)
    The UK financial year generally runs April->March

Or are you referring to FDev's (the company's) financial reporting year? Which could be different
    FDEV financial year ends at 31st May as far as I know.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast