Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Summary of tonight's ED XB1 stream

Summary of tonight's ED XB1 stream

• XB1 planet textures have been improved for 1.6 I'm sure Gary actually said "better than PC" - considering the wide variety of specs on PC platform, make of that what you will. Either way we are in for an graphical improvement on XB1.
    • XB1 Dev. build shown had new ED logo on game start-up AND Horizons background on menu screen!
    • CQC Arena (standalone) is coming to Xbox
    • Major announcement on the Horizon(s) incoming for XB1 version.
    • Players who purchased ED on XB1 as part of the Game Preview Program will have free access to a free GPP Decal.
    • Paint jobs, Private Groups and Custom Controls coming in XB1 in 1.6
    • Paint jobs are purchased using Frontier points and purchased from the Frontier store (via Microsoft Edge browser in dev. build).
    • For private groups to work on XB1, you have to follow/be-friend someone (like Twitter).
    • FD monitor the custom controls thread on the ED XB1 forum and have already made enhancements based on suggestions in that thread. So if you have a suggestion then what the heck are you reading this for? Suggest already!
    • From 1.6 onwards, the plan is that PC and XB1 code builds will be in-sync -easier for FD to build and deploy, and results in potentially quicker feature deployment for XB1 players.
    • Balancing huge weapons was straightforward.
    • One of the reasons for the delay for 1.6 was that the game was restructured, in part due to bringing Horizons on XB1.
    • Changes to the bulletin board in 1.6 will make finding wide variety of missions easier.
    • Cross play - FD want everyone to play together in same galaxy, some of that is in the same now (CG goals, First Discovered).
    • XB1 Elite Controller - paddles will be partially re-mappable. Ditto chatpad buttons - but there are default MS binding restrictions to consider.
    • New languages are purely text-translated. Same as PC (so no audio translations).
    • New achievements on the way for XB1.
    • Bulletin board avatars on the way for XB1/1.6, as per PC.
    • Debug Camera in super-cruise is one of the features on the to-do list.
    • Community factions might be able to become a power (look for Rise to Power threads on the ED Forums). This is open to XB1 players as well as PC.
    • FD wants players to think of ED as one game, not "PC version" and "XB1 version".
    • Gary says that you guys are a nice bunch of people.

Good summary so far.

Also mentioned that there is a big announcement coming soon for XB1 (not Horizons related)

Some quite exciting announcements so far

Hopefully the Game Hub is about to get a lot more positive...

As for things looking better on Xbox than on PC... I have my doubts. Maybe better than a lower-end machine, but that sounds like sales talk there. Not wanting to be a buzz-kill, but, that's just technical facts.

How do you rep someone twice?

And nothing about piracy. No suprise there.

Awesome summary Sisko.. Thank you for this!

Someone's got a fair few new XBox friends tonight...

Nice! Missed the start of the live stream.
    Thanks!

Good post Sisko

The only thing that concerns me in all of that was the mentioned need to be part of social networking for it to work. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I'm certainly not about to join faceache or tw@tter just to play in PG

Edit: I must get my specs fixed... re-read the bullet point and understand it means following or adding friends on Xbox live

Sounds wonderful. Rep to you. Anybody have a link to it so I can take a listen?

Originally Posted by Systolic View Post (Source)
    Sounds wonderful. Rep to you. Anybody have a link to it so I can take a listen?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYHJY9...ient=mv-google

Good summary Sisko, nailed it. Was very pleased with the Dangerous Games info, though a little confused by Ed with the PAX paint jobs? He mentioned having the card from the event and e-mailing Customer Support, but did not mention the limited time electronic sign-up for a PAX paint job. Am I mis-rememebering/dreaming?

Originally Posted by SCSkunk View Post (Source)
    Good summary Sisko, nailed it. Was very pleased with the Dangerous Games info, though a little confused by Ed with the PAX paint jobs? He mentioned having the card from the event and e-mailing Customer Support, but did not mention the limited time electronic sign-up for a PAX paint job. Am I mis-rememebering/dreaming?
    Yeah, there was a sign-up. I forgot too.

Originally Posted by V8UC ALICORN View Post (Source)
    Hopefully the Game Hub is about to get a lot more positive...

As for things looking better on Xbox than on PC... I have my doubts. Maybe better than a lower-end machine, but that sounds like sales talk there. Not wanting to be a buzz-kill, but, that's just technical facts.
    I wonder if the new build is using DX12 to get more performance out of the hardware. But yeah, I agree, PC version should always look better unless its a low piece of kit. Still, the news of improvement on XB1 was a nice surprise, not sure if its coming in 1.6 or later.

Cratered planets. We're getting closer to the surface, lads.

Also, Sisko, you missed one

• CQC Arena (standalone) is coming to Xbox

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast