Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: On the Horizon – Countdown to The Engineers Beta Livestream: Part 1 - Questions Needed

Originally Posted by JesusOnEez View Post (Source)
    "human-created..."

Alien POIs confirmed.
    Here's to hoping

I actually think crashed Alien vehicles would make more sense than the huge number of crashed human ships. Maybe not in such large quantities and maybe certain types in certain sectors - the races may not even be around still but on an airless planet a crash site would last a long time. But I guess we'll see what we end up with. Pretty much anything would be better than the long range tea smuggling POI's we have at the moment!

Just one question regarding the scanners in our SRV's.

When I perform a scan on an object like a rock, the information I receive from results is always blank. In 2.1, will we be getting information on objects we scan, such as the types of materials/chemicals inside a rock, quantity of content or a description? This also applies to other POI's that can be scanned.

Will the upgraded thrusters that will be available to small ships actually get different models like we saw in early concept art?

Hi Michael,

I'm wondering what options are available to us when we want to remove an engineer mod to make space for a different one? Can we sell them anywhere for example?

Thanks.

Will the engineers be neutral in terms of political allegiance? For example if I'm at a high rank with the Imperial Navy will that have a positive or negative effect with some engineers or do they not care?

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    - The screenshot of the crashed DBX shows tyre tracks. Are those actual in-game tyre tracks or have they been added to that screenshot in post production?
    Just want to remove this one from the "board" so more time can be spent on other questions.

This was written in the newsletter:

The in-game, unedited, images below show a Diamondback wrecked on a planet surface. This is just one example of the new POIs you will encounter.
    >> MIND THE GAP...SIGNATURE CREATION IN PROGRESS (Soon™)<<
    List of official design proposals

Hi Michael, slight left-field question: will there be any new ships arriving with 1.6? If not can you give us some teasers on which ones are coming later in the Season?
    Welcome to the Galaxy, CMDR o7 • The brilliant Finding Home by CMDR Crusina
    Mod of /r/EliteDangerous, probably the #1 Elite community

Will one of the engineers be called Ivor? Then we can have Ivor the Engine(er)

Hello Michael and Ed.

Regarding newsletter and information about combat above surface :

• Are enemy ships limited around bases to attack ?
    • Will there be specific POI pirate cache or smuggler cache ? I have in mind some existing POI with mini bunkers. Quite void at the moment but that could be better with ships around them.
    • Will we encounter other IA flying around the surface (hostile or not) that are looking to collect thing on the ground ? I have in mind wanted targets to allow bounty hunting above surface too.
    • Do you plan to add in a near future : equivalent combat zones above surface. Either around a ground base, either over void location to simulate low orbit conflicts ? This could bring EPIC gaming situations.

Now about ground integration :
    I really enjoy the new POI rocks rendering.
    • So will FD plan to enhance small rocks already spreaded over the surface ?
    • Will FD plan to improve bases, planetary ports, settlements integration with ground texture ? Any possibility to mix textures color to avoid very edgy aspect ?
    • Will FD plan to add more dirty/dust textures for building. Right now it seems still a little bit too clean.

That is all for now. Thanks a lot for reading and keep it up. o7.

My questions to Mr. Lewis & Mr. Brookes:

-In the beta before the release of ED there were cool weapon variants, like overcharged, low-heat, focused, high-impact etc. which somehow disappeared upon release. Will the engineers' crafting options somehow re-introduce these variants, or will there be totally different?

-Will it be possible to add multiple modifications to a weapon or a module? If yes, will there be some limit to it?

-Will the PowerPlay specific modules be upgradeable by these modifications?

Thanks,
    Martin
    CMDR Naphtha
    Always outnumbered - never outgunned

Any engineer mods to SRVs/SRV weapons?

Q: Will the new Ship AI be able to handle canyon flight on a planets surface?
    Down Tempo, Ambient Electronic - Planet Bliss

Originally Posted by wilkie79 View Post (Source)
    Just one question regarding the scanners in our SRV's.

When I perform a scan on an object like a rock, the information I receive from results is always blank. In 2.1, will we be getting information on objects we scan, such as the types of materials/chemicals inside a rock, quantity of content or a description? This also applies to other POI's that can be scanned.
    My own question is somewhat related:

Will players eventually have the ability to analyise the material composition of discovered planets (beyond the basic percentages of rock, metal, and ice already shown on the System Map)?

In a livestream last year before Horizons was launched, about how the game's planets are made, devs commented that the different colouration of planet surfaces was determined by the types of rocks present (feldspar, for example). Will we get to see this data too one day?

Scribe of the Chapterhouse of Inquisition
    JOIN US
    Read about my Tribunal

- The screenshot of the crashed DBX shows tyre tracks. Are those actual in-game tyre tracks or have they been added to that screenshot in post production?

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post (Source)
    Just want to remove this one from the "board" so more time can be spent on other questions.
    Hey, if the question's good enough for Obsidian Ant then it's good enough for me

This was written in the newsletter:
    The in-game, unedited, images below show a Diamondback wrecked on a planet surface. This is just one example of the new POIs you will encounter.

Cool, so improved detail and blending around loose surface rocks is confirmed then!

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    We might be able to touch on this, but mostly we'll be talking about things that have been in previous newsletters... like last week's!
    Last weeks' news letter was ...

A corker ! More like that please :)
    I don't like ED atm, so "I guess I'm just one of those entitled tosspots"

[
    Basic Network 101 Guide for ED] [Menu logging is legitimate] [SomaFM] [No Mans Sky] [One punch man]

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast