Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: On the Horizon – Countdown to The Engineers Beta Livestream: Part 1 - Questions Needed

The new crashed ship POIs look very cool but is the rubber model around them generated or will each and every crashed Diamondback explorer have the same arrangement of rubble around it. If it's generated, is there any chance of further improvements to the current planetary rocks?

Sorry for nitpicking and thank you for running the stream.

Originally Posted by Barking_Mad View Post (Source)
    No idea when......I did actually ask that question during a dev stream before or just after Horizons was released and asked if a mining vehicle might be a possible addition. The response was a cryptic "That's an interesting idea" and they moved swiftly on Still speculation but it would make sense I guess.

Well, as I see it, we already have a "scout" SRV (Scarab), so it would make sense to also add an SRV built for combat (better weapons & armour, lower speed & sensor range), one built for carrying large loads & one built for mining. It could be especially useful for wings doing missions together.

I also seem to recall them saying that we would be able to upgrade our SRV's in the future (as we do ships). I do sure hope they go through with that.

Screenshots and videos ... Thursday 21st is a great day

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Well, as I see it, we already have a "scout" SRV (Scarab), so it would make sense to also add an SRV built for combat (better weapons & armour, lower speed & sensor range), one built for carrying large loads & one built for mining.
    Which could be called, for instance, the Mantis, Dung Beetle and Termite...

I have a question.

I'm currently out exploring, in an unarmed Python .
    Should I return and pick up some weapons? Lol

Dear Ed talk about Speagles for at least 2 minutes, like how fast they can go with and without boost and such?

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Well, as I see it, we already have a "scout" SRV (Scarab), so it would make sense to also add an SRV built for combat (better weapons & armour, lower speed & sensor range), one built for carrying large loads & one built for mining. It could be especially useful for wings doing missions together.

I also seem to recall them saying that we would be able to upgrade our SRV's in the future (as we do ships). I do sure hope they go through with that.
    Hover tanks!!

Engineers can modify our ships systems, will they be able to modify our SRVs as well?

Will all engineer bases look the same or different?

Could you talk about what sort of testing went into making sure that procedurally generated ship modifications couldn't produce a uber vessel?

Will we have to pay for all of these modifications? Can you give us some numbers on how much these mods will cost us?

What is your favourite modification to date?

will there be missions for wings or at lease be able to divide the mission reward between wings members?

I gave up asking questions.

I just hope that, finally, this next update bring content and variety to the game.

Which ships exactly will be getting the 'drives' upgrade. Does this mean FSD or Thrusters?

Just the sidewinder? All ships that equip class 1-3 thrusters?

If its thrusters will any of these changes come over into the cqc flight model?

Also regarding 2.1 will someone take another pass at the Cobra mk4 and give it the massive speed buff it needs? (its currently slower than a T-7...)

CMDR Dana Jessica Booth

Are modified modules from engineers covered by the insurance?

If I buy a modified module from an engineer and my ship gets destroyed will the ship I get after paying the re-buy cost have the modified module or will it have the standard module?

Blizzard of questions:
    - With the addition of more ground bases, in a state of war will there be "atmospheric" or ground combat zones?
    - Will you be adding/modding limpets that can effect other system such as life support or thrusters? how about a thermal limpet?
    - will there be stealth mods?
    - will the faction specific modules be able to be modded? if so would it be as the base item (eg, pulse disruptor as a pulse laser) or as an entirely new item?
    - Are you adding higher class Planetary approach suites to aid heavier ships?
    - Landing computers?
    - More types of SRV? Customisable?
    - Ship wave scanner module?
    - Modules/modifications to aid "barnacle" hunting (maybe higher class sensor modules or science mods)?
    - Module for increased synth mats?
    - EMP weapons?
    - Fighter bays?
    - Will synth mats be available for purchase?
    - Jumponium tank module?
    - Coolant systems?

Eh that'll do for now.

can some of the engineers bases be racing tracks?

Question:

Can we expect to see any new ships or SRVs released with 1.6 or 2.1?

How persistent and for how long will the upcoming srv tracks be? Am I right if I don't expect them being visible in different modes, as in open players shouldn't see srv tracks from group players?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast