Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: On the Horizon – Countdown to The Engineers Beta Livestream: Part 1 - Questions Needed

Hey! Will we ever be able to find out what materials are on the planet without having to land on it?

How much Dakka will our new Large & Huge Dakka Dakka's give us?

Will the AI ships near the surface apply to the full range of low to high-G bodies?

If so, were there any special considerations the AI devs had to take to get the ships to behave well in high-G conditions?

I like the new outfitting interface for weapons, external hardpoints:

Is this style going to be adopted for the internal compartments?

Given the greatly improved means of module filtering, I hope so!
    CMDR PiLhEaD

Originally Posted by CMDR Reaper View Post (Source)
    What will 2.1 bring to deep space explorers?
    I don't even *do* deep space exploration, yet even I want to see more for explorers to do. Heck, it might even be enough to get me to risk going outside the bubble .

Within the new mission system, will there also be changes to support "Navy" missions for the players who are focussed on naval progression? Also, will mission successes result in the introduction to other missions or mission givers?

Originally Posted by Arubeto View Post (Source)
    Hm? Not sure about the "alive" part, but I was under the impression that minor faction mission givers actually are the one type of NPCs (apart from engineers) that actually become persistent with 2.1?

I'd love to know this, too, but I don't expect an answer, since it doesn't even remotely have anything to do with newsletter 120

That's true, mission givers will become persistent NPC's, along with Engineers. Next I hope that we'll get certain NPC's in space becoming more persistent. Like that guy who's looking for weapons-if you deal with him enough he can actually, later on, become a source of info in relation to missions you're doing.....or even a *source* of missions (I definitely want more missions to be obtainable *away* from outposts, settlements & space stations).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Dave G View Post (Source)
    Within the new mission system, will there also be changes to support "Navy" missions for the players who are focussed on naval progression? Also, will mission successes result in the introduction to other missions or mission givers?
    I can answer that one here. Last we officially heard, from Michael, Naval missions were not getting an overhaul in this patch....but we have been told that an overhaul of military missions-& the whole military side of the game-is occurring this season!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by CMDR Valleys View Post (Source)
    Will missions put me in conflict with other CMDRs?
    Oh, that would be *so* cool. Heck, I'd even be happy if missions put you in direct conflict with NPC pilots (i.e. pilots who are there to specifically thwart whatever mission you're trying to complete). It would also be great to see competing Community Goals!

Will there be Power Play missions to earn credits?
    Personally I am hoping that *all* of the changes being made to general missions will eventually make their way into Power Play, as an adjunct to the missions you usually do-missions that can earn both credits *and* Faction influence/CC's for your Power.

Originally Posted by K-Rose View Post (Source)
    How much Dakka will our new Large & Huge Dakka Dakka's give us?
    How much Dakka could a dudakka dak if a Dudakka could Dakka Dak?

Is there gonna have 1or 2 new ships with the 2.1 ?

(Thinking about the Saud Kruger one)

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    How much Dakka could a dudakka dak if a Dudakka could Dakka Dak?
    They dukka jerbs .

Originally Posted by Arubeto View Post (Source)
    Hm? Not sure about the "alive" part, but I was under the impression that minor faction mission givers actually are the one type of NPCs (apart from engineers) that actually become persistent with 2.1?

I'd love to know this, too, but I don't expect an answer, since it doesn't even remotely have anything to do with newsletter 120
    Yeah, I hope Mr Brookes can adresse this or at least give a hint about some of their plans for the future. I know avatars with stats will be the first persistent NPCs you will interact with on the mission board, yes and the engineers, but I wonder if they can tag along you in their own ship on missions, it would be amazing, and they would rise in rank and their ship will reflect their wealth/status. If they could swap their ship now and then it would be even better, and some times rise to become minor faction leaders. If they die, they die and the mission giver is replaced by someone else. This would create a partnership with you and the mission giver and you would protect him and watch over him during missions. It will create persistence and cohesion. I may be asking to much but I am a creative thinking man.

Fer De Lance a choice by nature

I would like to know how development on OS X is going. It feels like the game is slowly falling apart on my end - fps is halved from what it used to be and now I'm getting all kinds of graphical glitches. Have you ceased support?

Two Questions:

1) Will the new small thrusters be an alternative in additin to the already existing thrusters or will they replace them (= get the existing ones simply a buff)?
    1a) In case they are an alternative module: will there be a downside and - if yes - which one?

2) Some engineers' locations will be hinted in the galnet news - which is a fun idea. However, if a player misses this news, will there be other ways to get information about them? (I mean specifically the galnet-hinted ones; I know that others can be discovered by fulfilling missions or listening to the com chatter.)
    ◄ Furthermore, I consider that 1st class cabins should be limited to dedicated passenger ships and Carthage must be destroyed. ►

How much of a procedural element is there to engineer modification (lots of RNG built in all over or just a little here and there)? Can you elaborate on the small ship thruster increase? Will they provide more cruising speed or boost speed or both? Will there be higher capacitor draw on boost and higher heat output due to the increased performance? About how much of a buff is it, 20, 40, 50, 100 m/s? Will higher speeds come at the cost of reduced handling? Stuff like that.
    Elite-Tycoon-Elite-Amateur
    Rear Admiral-Duke

For me the most exciting thing (in a very exciting newsletter) was the reference to low altitude combat with NPCs.

Since the Horizon trailers, I have been very keen to see this - could you shed any light on the parameters that the NPCs are currently restricted to and when will we meet NPCs that can deal with very low level combat and the whole canyon thing?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast