Page 1 of 76 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: GalNet Submissions

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

GalNet Submissions

Please note that this thread is now closed.

To submit an article for publication, please go to this page and click post new thread.

You will be notified if your submission is chosen for publication.

Greetings Ian!

Thanks for clearing up the guidelines a bit for GalNet submissions and I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. May I ask why my recent submission was declined? Did I goof up on a proper publication window? Was the problem that it quoted Victoria Wolf directly? Also, is it against the rules to re-submit something revised to avoid these problems?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post3844168

I'd like to know more for sure to avoid the problems in the future.

Many thanks,
    RealDB

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    Originally Posted by RealDB View Post (Source)
    May I ask why my recent submission was declined?
    We don’t usually publish submissions that describe faction expansion, since such activity is relatively commonplace.

Was the problem that it quoted Victoria Wolf directly?
    Since Victoria Wolf isn’t a creation of Frontier, you’re free to use her in a submission, provided her creator is happy for you to do so.

Also, is it against the rules to re-submit something revised to avoid these problems?
    Generally, yes. If we feel that all that stands in the way of a submission being published is a handful of small, objective issues, we will give feedback to that effect, and invite the writer to make the necessary changes.

Originally Posted by Ian Dingwall View Post (Source)
    We don’t usually publish submissions that describe faction expansion, since such activity is relatively commonplace.
    That's perfectly true Ian.

However, on this occasion the submission relates to a "Targeted" expansion. Most of the BGS community (maybe even all) were under the impression that expansions cannot be targeted and that the final system is chosen rather randomly. We thought it would be good to show everyone that in fact you can target a specific system for your faction to expand into. We've done so three times so far, this particular one is the result of 6 months of work preparing the target system and putting everything in place for our attempt.

It wasn't just another common or garden expansion

Since Victoria Wolf isn’t a creation of Frontier, you’re free to use her in a submission, provided her creator is happy for you to do so.

Generally, yes. If we feel that all that stands in the way of a submission being published is a handful of small, objective issues, we will give feedback to that effect, and invite the writer to make the necessary changes.
    Many thanks to you Ian for responding to my queries.

As DaveC said, we agree that rather commonplace expansions are not really newsworthy. Though we feel this one was special due to the work involved in securing the target system for expansion. Rest assured, we don't want to call attention to every expansion we generate, just these special cases.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    we feel this one was special due to the work involved in securing the target system for expansion
    Fair enough - I wasn't aware of that.

Your submission has been published in Wolf 406, Cupinook, Gateway and Alioth.

Fair enough - I wasn't aware of that.

Your submission has been published in Wolf 406, Cupinook, Gateway and Alioth.
    Thank you so much for your understanding!

Thank you so much for your understanding!
    Isn't he a dude?
    CMDR Lord Zoltan - On-sabbatical Canonn Councillor over at http://canonn.science
    Read Ode to the Elite - A Poem
    I7-6700k - 32Gb GSkill DDR4 - Nvidia Titan Pascal - Oculus CV1 - Corsair AX1500i - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow

Hello Ian
    Thank you for this guideline,

I have submitted several RP publications for the local GalNet (in our systems, Munfayl, Gd1192..). They have never been published. I just find it's a bit disappointing to never know what's wrong in my texts (I understand is your game, your story).

That's clear. I note

I hope the reason isn't my horrible english or beacause i eat frogs....you must to try it...it's famous,) believe me

regards

Founder of the Atlantis Wing & MediCorp. Founder & ex member of the Black Birds Squadron group. http://news.galnet.fr | Twitter | YT Chanel for beginners (French)

Originally Posted by LordZoltan View Post (Source)
    Isn't he a dude?
    I thought so, but I didn't realize my response was gender-specific...

I don't post a lot online, but when I do I try to be as polite, understanding, and thankful as I can be.

Originally Posted by aymerix View Post (Source)
    I hope the reason isn't my horrible english or beacause i eat frogs....you must to try it...it's famous,) believe me

regards
    "Because I eat frogs" - that's the funniest thing I'll read all week!

If you ever want some help reviewing posts I'm happy to help out, as will a few others here I'm sure. There's a reddit also, I believe, for exactly this purpose - I confess I do not have the address to hand, sorry.
    CMDR Lord Zoltan - On-sabbatical Canonn Councillor over at http://canonn.science
    I7-6700k - 32Gb GSkill DDR4 - Nvidia Titan Pascal - Oculus CV1 - Corsair AX1500i - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow

Thank you so much for your anwers and helping hands

Founder of the Atlantis Wing & MediCorp. Founder & ex member of the Black Birds Squadron group. http://news.galnet.fr | Twitter | YT Chanel for beginners (French)

Originally Posted by aymerix View Post (Source)
    Thank you so much for your anwers and helping hands
    No problem, and thanks for the rep!

Title: Looking for Peace, or War?
    Time: Not important
    Description:

Dr Derthek, a founding scientist of the Canonn Interstellar Research Group, has embarked on an ambitious project to map NGC 6357, also known as the 'War and Peace Nebula', in its entirety.

Before leaving, he gave a brief interview explaining the reasons for this long term project:

"I've examined the Unknown Artefacts, I've seen the Barnacles, I've even completed a circumnavigation of the galaxy – but the estimated thirteen thousand systems of NGC 6357 have always fascinated me. It's one of the most prominent sites of massive-star formation close to the bubble and home to some truly amazing sights.”

“I think there’s something out there. I don’t know what, but it’ll be my home until my ship, the RSV Canonn, has visited every single system. I might find more barnacles, more UAs, or something enitrely new – who knows!?”

Hundreds of fellow scientists have sent messages of support, and Universal Cartographics is understood to be eager for his return in a few months’ time.

--

Commander Lord Zoltan

--

Derthek is one of our long-standing members, and really has set this mission for himself; flying as 'CMDR Canonn', our PG account. It's a crazy mission, and one we felt should be marked

Page 1 of 76 1234511 ... LastLast