Page 11 of 15 First 7910111213 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous - Beta 6 update

Regarding point:
    - Allow reputation to be earned from other sources than generating upgrades

Went to farseer's base (only had 1* rep with her) but i didn't see anything indicating another way to gain rep .... missing something?
    Is it as simple as bringing commodities to trade in the market?
    Didn't have a BB and didn't see an obviously aligned faction with Farseer Inc.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Oh well, that sucks. Got a working copy of data.ovx......but now I'm having validation issues with the file data.ovs.models_l0, in this folder:

C:\Games\Elite Dangerous\EDLaunch\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64\Win64\Items\PlanetPorts\PlanetPortModules\PP_MediumDock

Again, if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it .
    Sing out if you still need this file

Originally Posted by Brownshortz View Post (Source)
    Hi Marc, I have had the exact same problem since the launch of ED. Almost every major update failed and I had to beg for someone to post the correct Data.ovx file. The only thing that will fix this permanently is getting a VPN account. Tried every other fix support suggested, but this is the only thing that works without fail every time. I know its a pain but you might be able to find a relatively cheap one where you are. Anyway, give it a go.....hope it works out.
    - Yarp, VPN or cheap wireless broadband dongle and cheap prepaid data seem to be the most reliable.
    the workarounds I espoused over the last few 2.1 beta release threads didn't sort the beta 6 download on the offending files mentioned
    had to resort to the wireless broadband to get me over the line with Beta 6

Can't install the new update keep getting this error:

Unhandled exception during project update :

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

any ideas guys?

_Sounds_ like a similar issue to "data validation" failure.
    Are you in Australia and have Optus as your ISP, by any chance?

There's plenty of posts in the beta release threads over the last 2-3 updates on similar issue. The short of it:
    - in Options menu on ED launcher:
    -- switch off 'use game cache' (if it is ticked)
    -- switch on 'Alternative Download Method'
    - close ED Launcher
    - clear IE cache (assuming IE installed on your machine)
    - remove VirtualCache.xml file (in EDLaunch or EDLaunch\Products folder) if it exists
    - search the PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64 folder for and clear any .part and .progress files found in the public beta folder on your PC
    - Run ED Launcher and try upgrading again

I wouldn't be surprised if the above fails. See my above post and particularly @BrownShortz 's post soon before it (#148)

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    Im sure.. my FDL replacement bill is the same as live.

It will be if you are using the same ship tranfered over from live to beta. You must sell the tranfered ship & rebuy it within beta for the cost reductions

Originally Posted by Von Shadow View Post (Source)
    Regarding point:
    - Allow reputation to be earned from other sources than generating upgrades

Went to farseer's base (only had 1* rep with her) but i didn't see anything indicating another way to gain rep .... missing something?
    Is it as simple as bringing commodities to trade in the market?
    Didn't have a BB and didn't see an obviously aligned faction with Farseer Inc.
    Yes, sell exploration data or hand in bounties and it should go up.

They certainly nerfed the probability of getting experimental effect with multi-cannons if you get a good upgrade from the primary's , spent just over 300 fish trying the lottery on it and nothing, :/

Originally Posted by guardian1128 View Post (Source)
    They certainly nerfed the probability of getting experimental effect with multi-cannons if you get a good upgrade from the primary's , spent just over 300 fish trying the lottery on it and nothing, :/
    And just imagine when each of those fish actually means tens of mins/hours of collecting instead!?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Yes, sell exploration data or hand in bounties and it should go up.
    Would love to know how much needs to be handed in to move to each of the levels... How mad have FD gone with this?

Originally Posted by guardian1128 View Post (Source)
    I guess that's why they've allowed a week to beta-test the "normal" probabilities.

Originally Posted by Baron von Schnellenstein View Post (Source)
    Sing out if you still need this file

- Yarp, VPN or cheap wireless broadband dongle and cheap prepaid data seem to be the most reliable.
    the workarounds I espoused over the last few 2.1 beta release threads didn't sort the beta 6 download on the offending files mentioned
    had to resort to the wireless broadband to get me over the line with Beta 6

Hi There. Thanks very much for the generous offer, but fortunately CMDR Cheese Wedge was able to come to my rescue again .

Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post (Source)
    I guess that's why they've allowed a week to beta-test the "normal" probabilities.

Apparently there is a bug though, with even blue lights failing to give special effects.

Originally Posted by Baron von Schnellenstein View Post (Source)
    _Sounds_ like a similar issue to "data validation" failure.
    Are you in Australia and have Optus as your ISP, by any chance?

There's plenty of posts in the beta release threads over the last 2-3 updates on similar issue. The short of it:
    - in Options menu on ED launcher:
    -- switch off 'use game cache' (if it is ticked)
    -- switch on 'Alternative Download Method'
    - close ED Launcher
    - clear IE cache (assuming IE installed on your machine)
    - remove VirtualCache.xml file (in EDLaunch or EDLaunch\Products folder) if it exists
    - search the PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64 folder for and clear any .part and .progress files found in the public beta folder on your PC
    - Run ED Launcher and try upgrading again

I wouldn't be surprised if the above fails. See my above post and particularly @BrownShortz 's post soon before it (#148)
    Yep, everyone having these issues seems to be with Optus.....certainly not a coincidence.

- Ensure that mission cargo is marked correctly for that mission

If that refers to recover hostage missions, it's still broken. I flew a mission (beta 6) to recover 8 hostages from a contact, and when he dropped them, they were not marked as mission cargo.

When, or are we, going to get a fix for Nvidia 3D vision and light sources such as stars being all broken?

Excited to see the new changes implemented! Now to just get through the rest of the workday... :/

Its hard to quantify but I think the performance of the 2.1 beta seems to be consistently slower than 2.0.

As far as I can see I have the same graphics settings in both. I'm only running 1024x768 low in both but whereas in 2.0 I usually manage 30fps all the time, in 2.1 it seems to struggle to reach 39 and is usually 20-25fps ish. The menu system (I like the nested outfitting) seems pretty sluggish to use by comparison.