Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Declare Piracy - UI concept

Lightbulb Declare Piracy - UI concept

A formal declaration of piracy mechanic has been a popular feature request for a while now, and in the 2.1 launch livestream, while answering a question on the subject, David Braben said the problem with the idea is the UI implementation. I thought I'd mock up a few concept images to show how it could work.

I've broken the idea down into several steps;

#1 (Submission Demand) - Pirate sends a submission demand to target in either super-cruise or normal space. This feature doesn't have to be limited to piracy, as it may be useful for other roles too.

#2 (Submission Alerts) - Submission messages are displayed like this;

#6 (Cargo Demand) - After target has submitted and has been cargo scanned, the cargo could be demanded directly. This is needed for NPC piracy and multi-lingual PvP where comms wouldn't work.

#7 (Cargo Demand Alert) - The message sent to the target would look like this (would also be multi-lingual).

Seen this before somewhere.

Anyway...

>> MIND THE GAP...SIGNATURE CREATION IN PROGRESS (Soon™)<<
    List of official design proposals

This would be sooo awesome..

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post (Source)
    Seen this before somewhere.

Anyway...

Yeah, I've used a slightly different version of the alerts image in my main piracy thread, but I've tweaked the wording slightly to fit the other steps in.

Great concept, would love to see this!

The safety word is "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

Can't fault this as a concept. +1
    Still hate filthy 'rats!
    "Yes, I work with the Meerkats at CompareTheMarket. No, I can't get you a free one! ^_^"

CEO - Federal Bounty Hunter's Union

Nice concept. Would be cool.

Cool concept, as long as this doesn't mean the cargo is abandoned as a lot of pirates demand lately, which is frankly disgusting in my eyes, but as long as the cargo is marked stolen and that pirate has to use black market, i'm all good for this type of feature.
    And yeah I know a lot of pirates go "but no profit!" pirating is nothing but profit, significantly more per ton then traders get per ton...even at black market.
    CMDR Xon Draken

Now if you could just get some traders to play in open...

tobii eyeX, T1600m FCS HOTAS with pedals, Windows10, Acer XB270H G-synch monitor, I7 6700K, MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3 X, MSI GTX970 Enermaz Liqmax II 120s CPU cooler

I agree, I love this idea.

I hope FDeV pay attention to this thread.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Pville_Piper View Post (Source)
    Now if you could just get some traders to play in open...
    I think it would work well when NPCs pirate us too.

At the moment it's hard to know what we are supposed to do when a NPC interdicts is.

Love it, got my vote

Originally Posted by Soon(TM) View Post (Source)
    At the moment it's hard to know what we are supposed to do when a NPC interdicts is.

When an NPC interdicts, there's only one option...make them regret the decision

In all seriousness though, this is an excellent idea by the OP, and would work great even with NPC traders and multilingual situations.

Chief Exploration Officer, Red Dice Systems
    Remember, Better Red than Dead! BRTD.net

Originally Posted by Soon(TM) View Post (Source)

I think it would work well when NPCs pirate us too.

Exactly, this wouldn't just be for the pirates, this is also to help traders understand the situation better too (especially when there is a language barrier). It also would help traders & pirates when dealing with NPCs, not just PvP scenarios.

Originally Posted by Marra View Post (Source)
    Great concept, would love to see this!
    It's a good start, but I'd like to see a little more info to tell you the whole story of the guy pulling you over.

AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz / 32 GB Ram / Titan X Pascal / ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ROG / HTC Vive / Steam VR Rating: 20937
    Independent Trader - Curious Explorer - The least talented smuggler in the Galaxy.
    "Play the game. Don't game the play." - Any grind, is in your mind.
    CMDR Shadragon / CMDR Drain Bamaged / CMDR CuteLilBunny

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast