View Poll Results: What are your 3 favourite stories?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - RoyalHankey - A friends betrayal

1 7.69%
  • 02 - Saint John Hawke - Wacky Race Final

1 7.69%
  • 03 - Simoof - The Last Post of a Lost Past

3 23.08%
  • 04 - Frank - The last lost post

4 30.77%
  • 05 - clonymus - Dangerously literal

1 7.69%
  • 06 - Listeri69 - In Memorandum to the galaxies greatest postman

1 7.69%
  • 07 - Ouberos - LAST POST

5 38.46%
  • 08 - Darkoba - Pipped at the (Last) Post

3 23.08%
  • 09 - Edith_The_Hutt - Armageddon's Doorstep

5 38.46%
  • 10 - T.j - The last post

6 46.15%
  • 11 - FelixBast - His final posting

1 7.69%
  • 12 - insanephoton - The last GalNet post

3 23.08%
  • 13 - phong - Haste

1 7.69%
  • 14 - Futuristic Kung Fu - I feel the needů THE NEED FOR SPEED!!

1 7.69%
  • 15 - Galactic Midden - Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

1 7.69%
  • 16 - Ventura - The Drabble Host

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Thread is Dead!.. Long Live the Thread! Drabble Poll #154: The Last Post

The Thread is Dead!.. Long Live the Thread! Drabble Poll #154: The Last Post

Wow! T.j started the Drabble thread on April 2013. It feels like only last week that I was erecting the poll for last week's contest, and the winner of that poll was none other than our very own Edith_The_Hutt.

He came up with the topic of "The Last Post"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and comedy hour at 7pm GMT, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Make sure you come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a warning to all of the contestants, don't vote for yourselves. Anyone caught voting for themselves shall be posted head-first through a letterbox.

01 - RoyalHankey - A friends betrayal

Captain Winnard finally arrived at Lave Station in his pink asp.
    He was smuggling narcotics from Vesuvit.
    He saw his friend simoof for advice.
    Simoof said 'Didn't you read the last post about Narcotics in Vesuvit'.
    Winnard said 'No why what's wrong'.
    Simoof replied 'They have been infected with a disease'.
    'Orders are to return them immediately.
    Winnard launched his pink asp and set course to Vesuvit.
    He pressed his big red auto pilot button.
    After a few seconds it was...
    Waypoint, waypoint scoop,
    Waypoint, waypoint scoop.
    On arrival at Vesuvit he was arrested for smuggling.
    Simoof had tricked him.

02 - Saint John Hawke - Wacky Race Final

Its the final of the Wacky Races.
    Winnard takes the lead in this prestigious buggeh! race.
    Comes to the first jump and all make it over the first hurdle.
    Hold on Alien thinks he still in his ship and zooms off into space.
    Psykokow drinking what looks like thick kitten blood,
    Looses control and takes Rascon out with him.
    Hankey next one gone, as his engine packs in.
    Winnard has only got to make the final jump.
    He makes it, but fails at the last post as Alien lands on him.
    Simoof crosses the line and is declared the winner.

03 - Simoof - The Last Post of a Lost Past

The Lost Post Department was legendary. "This next parcel has no address, only 'to the bloke what fixes lasers'. The contents are just electronics."

"I'm assuming it's The Dweller. He modifies ship lasers, lives in a secret lair."

"There's no such thing. Everyone needs supplies, maybe hazardous materials sent to remote locations?"

"Henchmen have loved ones who send them cake."

The tap of keyboards, "The most likely candidate is in Wyrd"

"I wonder what these components make."

"A listening device", the assassin replied to his speaker. He grimly readied his blaster. Tying up loose ends was not his favourite job.

04 - Frank - The last lost post

The Lost Post Department was legendary. "This next parcel has no address, only 'to the bloke what fixes lasers'. The contents are just electronics."

"I'm assuming it's The Dweller. He modifies ship lasers, lives in a secret lair."

"There's no such thing. Everyone needs supplies, maybe hazardous materials sent to remote locations?"

"Henchmen have loved ones who send them cake."

The tap of keyboards, "The most likely candidate is in Wyrd"

"I wonder what these components make."

"A listening device", the assassin replied to his speaker. He grimly readied his blaster. Tying up loose ends was not his favourite job.

05 - clonymus - Dangerously literal

Post post post post post.

and finally the last post.

06 - Listeri69 - In Memorandum to the galaxies greatest postman

Cmdr Wanq was a postman, the galaxies fastest postman Delivering letters to Hutton Orbital in 50 mins.
    His ship a specially engineer modified Hauler, Painted red with the logo of Post Imperial Special Service, Faster-than-Light Afternoon Package Section, screaming out in dayglo yellow.
    Wanq had delivered so many packages, he'd long reached the title of King in the Empire and people would greet the wanq king postman with a cheery wave as he gave his trademark flick of the wrist. If you were really lucky one of his rubber bands emblazoned with his initials.

That was before the Pirates arrived............

07 - Ouberos - LAST POST

I've heard it said they used to play a tune when you die. Heard it was a sad tune, meant to signify the end of the day, the end of your day when the sun had finally gone down on your life and the dust was settling.

That would be nice, people thinking of me, thinking of how I bought the farm in some CZ no one cared about. Thinking how that Vulture caught me on the turn, melted my shields and shattered my canopy. How it made me run, then caught me.

Only I ain't dead yet.

“Hardpoints deployed”

08 - Darkoba - Pipped at the (Last) Post

The long haul is almost over. I've dodged Imperial ships, customs officials, Federation police, bounty hunters and pirates, hiding behind asteroids or in deep craters on barren planet surfaces.

My mission? To deliver a unique alien artefact to a remote outpost whose name and location I'm not allowed to disclose.

I've spent hair raising weeks avoiding every pip that appeared on my scanner, but now the outpost is just minutes away. It's my last mission; with the proceeds, I'm retiring.

"Permission to land?"

What's this? Five pips on scanner, climbing fast from the post, weapons readied. Damn! They mean business!

09 - Edith_The_Hutt - Armageddon's Doorstep

Inedible orange lichen covered the once green fields of Diso. Nat piloted his Puma through the narrow security corridor, keenly aware of the surface-to-air guns ready to disintegrate his ship should it stray more than a few metres from the authorised path.

He could see the crowds as he approached the spaceport, hundreds of thousands of desperate souls praying that for a ship to bring them another few food cartridges or take them someplace better. As if someplace better existed any more.

"This is the twilight of the human race," thought Nat, preparing to land, "and still we play on"

10 - T.j - The last post

It was a long time coming, It had been fun but it had become fat and bloated.

There had been fun times and a few sad times, but as with everything it was a finite entity.

Insanity had ruled with aplomb and the world would never be quite the same again.

Characters had formed, a certain lunatic Scotsman in a very strange hat sprang to mind.
    A radio called Frank seemed to win with suspicious regularity

But above all it had been so much fun.

Goodbye old friend he said softly as he pressed the thread closed button.

Thanks everyone.

11 - FelixBast - His final posting

Ensign Bastion’s military career had always been a little bit accident prone.
    In his very last posting aboard the flagship, he had been assigned the task of cat minder for the admiral.
    This should have been an easy task; unfortunately, he used hair removal cream instead of cat shampoo one day and the poor animal caught a chill and died. The admiral was very upset and insisted on a proper military funeral for his beloved cat.
    The admiral was also very angry and while the Last Post was playing, he raised his pistol and took careful aim at Ensign Bastion.

12 - insanephoton - The last GalNet post

Urgent Message:
    Calling all commanders. Humanity needs you. The threat that the Thargoids warned us about has arrived. So far it is unstoppable. Hundreds of systems have already been lost. Sol, Achenar and Alioth have fallen. The Imperial, Federation and Alliance navies have failed to halt the threat. Recent reports suggest whole fleets lost and others left in disarray.

With the help of the Thargoids, our remaining leaders believe that they have found a place of safety. We need every commander to help in the evacuation effort. Please check your Galactic map for the nearest evacuation centre.

Good luck commanders

13 - phong - Haste

'Och ya wicked wee drabblers,yoose,ya got me in
    ya pooer.Ah've nae moved this nineteen hooer sen,swettin
    cobs ah yam,ah tell ye.owen ma thurd sen
    brekkie.'ken.ave nae slept fae mair than a ooer mrs...'.
    the amplifier swung gently to and fro from the end
    of its cable.
    Neon sign corruscating in the gathering twilight,
    'CLOSING DOWN SALE.EVERYTHING MUST GO',the blimp slowly drifted.
    Over the canyons, a cloud of fireflys suddenly burst forth,spiralling
    upwards.Trade with the drabblers was surprisingly brisk and profitable
    for all concerned.By morning the holds were bare.

14 - Futuristic Kung Fu - I feel the need… THE NEED FOR SPEED!!

"Here comes Frank's SRV zipping around that hill, he's in first place closely followed by T.j. with Insanephoton catching up! Wait a minute! I don't believe it! Simoof is in first place! Oh never mind, he's going backwards. Listeri69 coming up… oh! That was foul play! Foul play! Futuristic Kung Fu is right at the back, he hasn't been doing very well lately, but he's still got a chance of winning! He's passed Psykokow and Listeri69! Did you see how fast he went past Insanephoton?! He's tied with Frank! There's the finish line! And… FKF crashed into the last post.

15 - Galactic Midden - Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

"Tell another one Gramps!" the cadets cheered.

"OK" the wizened old miner replied and cleared his throat, "pass me another bottle of janx".

As the cadets settled down the old miner shut his eyes and a silence fell across the loading bay. "I too started out as a cadet, but my assignment at the end of the Boolean war turned out to be my last post".

"You quit?" Fatty Burble exclaimed.

"No Fatty, court martial, but I may also have ended the war"

"WHAT!? HOW?" cried the cadets.

"Well, let's just say my operation Boolean wasn't just a string along".

16 - Ventura - The Drabble Host

After cry with laughter from Simoof’s Pine Encounters.
    Matt said to Chafing “Look, I know you want your old life back, but if you appear now you would be a target again and I can’t protect you, we also need a disguise.
    Matt rummages around his locker, he continued “from the Engineers last post, you’re going to need it, your think it will be easy getting in Don’s HQ think again, here a Hat and Coat oh and some boots”.
    Chafing said “I will look like a Pirate”
    Matt chuckled “no, you are a pirate and here’s your eye patch”.

T.j.! You have surpassed yourself THREE votes! Yippee!

If Simoof's got votes can I add that to the votes I got?

But since you have three votes you may as well vote for me!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Only if it doesn't stop me from winning. So yes, you can.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Sadly, a vote for a drabble submitted by Simoof is actually a cry for help and therefore not able to be added. The way to garner more votes is to rally support votes for someone neutral, say Galactic Midden, who will then look favorably upon anyone who gives a solid reason to remove Simoof from the fray

Tick Tock, Tick Tock... Only about 6 1/2 hours left to vote. Lots of time to vote for me

I'm really interested to find out who'll be first last the post

... lirst past the fost?

Lewd gord! I can't believe who's winning

T.j. wins!

Did I forget how to count to two again?

Yaaaayyy! Well done T.j. You've broken the mould, killed the "Curse of Two" at last! A well deserved victory

How did Frank get more votes than me for the same drabble? Its a fix.

Originally Posted by Simoof View Post (Source)
    How did Frank get more votes than me for the same drabble? Its a fix.
    It's not the drabble, it's how you tell 'em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast