Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mines clearly OP - NERF!

Mines clearly OP - NERF!

After extensive testing the conclusion is that: Mines clearly OP - NERF!

click here to see more destrucsion

Nothing OP about that whatsoever. It looks perfect.

I've been waiting for some traders to finally realize the value of mines + running, after an interdiction...

The NPC comm at the end is PERFECT!

"I hadn't expected this."

*BOOM*

We'll maybe you should have after flying into the first 6 mines!!

As for mines...yeah, I've built rep with Liz in preparation for the update that will allow us to choose specials as favours. Then I'll install mine launchers, one to take out thrusters and one to take out the FSDs.

Nothing seems OP here, they just do their job that's it.

Questionable AI, looks like another job for super MoM! They should at least 'try' to avoid them.

Originally Posted by X-2 View Post (Source)
    Questionable AI, looks like another job for super MoM! They should at least 'try' to avoid them.
    Yep, this. If anything mines need a buff. Have the AI try to avoid them, but when the hit, make them as effective as a torpedo. This is after all the final straw for traders hoping to fight back.

LOL this was hilarious, what a reaping! Glad they finally do something even if it only works in straight line chases

Hmm... Wonder if you get fined for using 'em if a system authority vessel flies into one... Might have to load up and hit a RES or two

(Edit) Or... am planning on trying to take on a few base assault missions later tonight... wonder if I can drop mines on the base first... (/edit)

Yeah, not OP. If dumb AI (or human) insists on flying straight into your mine field, that's their fault. But thanks for posting this. I did a hauling mission last night for a commodity I needed and my poor python took a beating from an FDL that appeared out of nowhere 3Mm from the station and interdicted me. I was thinking of selling my missiles for mines, when I refit for trading. And this video comfirms it. So thanks again.

We really do need some kind of module storage. Now that most of our weapons are going to be modded, it makes re-fits discouraging. No way anyone is going to sell that class 5 corrosive multi-cannon. Even if it is a situationally poor choice.

Almost a full minute of concentrated fire, 9 mines at a time, against an NPC that didn't move. How could you possibly think this is in anyway overpowered?

AI underpowered, un-nerf!

So, now either the AI flies straight into the mines, or the mines detonate with a larger radius?
    Either way, I am glad to see that they finally work in PvE, but believe would be a very different story in PvP.

Also...remind me what the current whine from traders about the AI overpowered is about??? if a T9 can take down a NPC Python, I really don't understand what this is about..?

EDIT: I would actually prefer to see NPCs deviate from their trajectory, to avoid the mines, letting you escape...but oh well, i believe i would be asking too much.

OP? Is that the new term for "Useful" or "For once not utterly underpowered"?

Jesus christ.... every time I actually start using something one of these posts pop up. Just stop it. They are a great defensive weapon, FINALLY. What were you expecting when you decided to put 3 launchers on? It's also being used against an AI that doesn't know how to avoid them. They also don't seem to be shooting at you very much. I've been blown up by a Clipper quite easily while using them due to it's speed. These would not work in PvP and probably wouldn't work if the AI was programmed to try and avoid them.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Crimson Kaim View Post (Source)
    OP? Is that the new term for "Useful" or "For once not utterly underpowered"?

Apparently.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by geoffrey.hdt View Post (Source)
    So, now either the AI flies straight into the mines, or the mines detonate with a larger radius?
    Either way, I am glad to see that they finally work in PvE, but believe would be a very different story in PvP.

Also...remind me what the current whine from traders about the AI overpowered is about??? if a T9 can take down a NPC Python, I really don't understand what this is about..?

EDIT: I would actually prefer to see NPCs deviate from their trajectory, to avoid the mines, letting you escape...but oh well, i believe i would be asking too much.
    I think those are people that haven't tried different things before coming here to talk about it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast