Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Galnet player bounty-board UI concept

Galnet player bounty-board UI concept

A while back (over a year ago..) the developers mentioned they were quite keen on having superpower-wide bounty systems for the worst criminal players (like how it originally was before 1.3). I think it's probably a good idea to have a large-scale bounty board operating from the Galnet screen (as it concerns inter-system news).

I had a bit of time so I photoshopped some concepts of how it could look; (emphasised as some people seem to think this is official lol - I wish)

Galnet Landing

The screen the user arrives on from the Galnet home screen. Individual bounty boards would be available for the Alliance, Empire, Federation and Independant systems plus a 'Galaxy's Most Wanted' board, which is the top 10 from all 4 bounty boards combined:

Player Criminal Record (Rap Sheet)

When highlighting a specific player on the bounty board, the user can view crime records on that wanted player:

Bounty Tracking

If a bounty hunter opts to 'Set Tracking', the player would appear in the players panel (like local, friends or wing-mates). The purpose of this is so the bounty hunter knows if they are playing in open play or not (it's pointless tracking a player who's playing in solo). The difference would be you would not be able to chat to them (could encourage abusive chat) or see them on the galaxy map (would make bounty hunting too easy). If the wanted players bounty is collected, they drop off your 'tracked' list. There would also be a limit to the amount of players you can track at any one time, say 10.
    Update: Tracked targets should prioritise instancing much like a friend or wing-mate would (is supposed to anyway..) Suggested by: CMDR Hagglebeard

Tracking Updates

While tracking a bounty, updates on new crimes committed by the target player would be sent to the notification panel. Selecting one will bring up information about the crime in a popup window (like these notifications already do with other information). These notifications would not be instant, but update with the Galnet screen update (instantly notifying the bounty hunter would make finding the target too easy):

I think these features would bring PvP bounty hunting alive because currently it's practically non-existent.

Note: I think for these changes to work, we would have to see an end to bounty claim caps (currently 1,000,000Cr - idea on how to remove: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ould-be-capped) and harsher consequences for combat logging.

Cheers,
    Lateralus

I like this idea, and I like the UI designs.

However, I doubt it'll happen for a couple reasons: 1) FDev is already shoulder-deep in stuff they're working on, and 2) If they did want to use your designs, I'm sure their lawyers would make it waaaaayy to complicated.

I do wish they'd do something with player-assigned bounties, though.
    CMDR Athena Jones
    Ship: Hauler, The Little Penguin
    INARA Pilot's log | Blog

Originally Posted by Kopachris View Post (Source)
    I like this idea, and I like the UI designs.

However, I doubt it'll happen for a couple reasons: 1) FDev is already shoulder-deep in stuff they're working on, and 2) If they did want to use your designs, I'm sure their lawyers would make it waaaaayy to complicated.

I do wish they'd do something with player-assigned bounties, though.
    Thanks! They can have those designs for free, I'm sure they'd make better ones anyway!

Love it man!
    I hope we will see some changes in that particular area.

Hi there,

I kinda likie the idea of tracking CMDRs, however that would be great to only restrict this to high level Kill Warrant Scanners or perhaps a new module. (?)
    1M is indeed low, 10M would be more interesting. After all, they are pirates!

It can be hard to live as a pirate if you are being tracked by dozen of CMDRs. You would need a social Pirate network to counter this and balance the teams.
    If you choose the pirate life, maybe something for pirates to recognize each others and help? ... or stab their "friends" to collect the bounty!

Simply awesome ! Want it !

Originally Posted by Nicou View Post (Source)
    Hi there,

I kinda likie the idea of tracking CMDRs, however thatw would be great to only restrict this to high level Kill Warrant Scanners or perhaps a new module. (?)
    1M is indeed low, 10M would be more interesting. After all, they are pirates!

It can be hard to live as a pirate if you are being tracked by dozen of CMDRs. You would need a social Pirate network to counter this and balance the teams.
    If you choose the pirate life, maybe something for pirates to recognize each others and help? ... or stab their "friends" to collect the bounty!
    The tracking side of this idea would be limited; in real-time you would essentially only know they are online and what game-mode they are in. The tracked players 'last known whereabouts' would only get updated once a day or something like that to prevent an angry mob following them everywhere. Whereabouts wouldn't be updated by unsanctioned outposts either (to encourage outlaw use of them).

Amazing idea and very well presented I hope they do add it in like this as it would make it much more interesting.
    -EdzUp
    CMDR EdzUp
    EdzUp's website

I like the idea in principal, however a lot of these murdering griefers would LOVE to be on this bounty board and would only turn them in to worse murderers than they are now.

Take my rep OP, i want this !

Originally Posted by pnr8uk View Post (Source)
    I like the idea in principal, however a lot of these murdering griefers would LOVE to be on this bounty board and would only turn them in to worse murderers than they are now.
    Murderers currently run riot because bounty hunters don't have any tools to hunt them down, this might even the scales a bit.

A leaderboard for player kills? I cannot see any possible way that this could go wrong /s

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post (Source)
    A while back (over a year ago..) the developers mentioned they were quite keen on having superpower-wide bounty systems for the worst criminal players (like how it originally was before 1.3). I think it's probably a good idea to have a large-scale bounty board operating from the Galnet screen (as it concerns inter-system news).

I had a bit of time so I photoshopped some concept's of how it could look;

Galnet Landing

The screen the user arrives on from the Galnet home screen. Individual bounty boards would be available for the Alliance, Empire, Federation and Independant systems plus a 'Galaxy's Most Wanted' board, which is the top 10 from all 4 bounty boards combined:

Player Criminal Record (Rap Sheet)

When highlighting a specific player on the bounty board, the user can view crime records on that wanted player:

Bounty Tracking

If a bounty hunter opts to 'Set Tracking', the player would appear in the players panel (like local, friends or wing-mates). The purpose of this is so the bounty hunter knows if they are playing in open play or not (it's pointless tracking a player who's playing in solo). The difference would be you would not be able to chat to them (could encourage abusive chat) or see them on the galaxy map (would make bounty hunting too easy):

Tracking Updates

While tracking a bounty, updates on new crimes committed by the target player would be sent to the notification panel. Selecting one will bring up information about the crime in a popup window (like these notifications already do with other information). These notifications would not be instant, but update with the Galnet screen update (instantly notifying the bounty hunter would make finding the target too easy):

I think these features would bring PvP bounty hunting alive because currently it's practically non-existent.

Note: I think for these changes to work, we would have to see an end to bounty claim caps (currently 1,000,000Cr) and harsher consequences for combat logging.

Cheers,
    Lateralus
    If I could rep you twice for your post, I would.

I love it.

However FD probably will never implement that... Either busy with other stuff, or just "not on the list".

What if the player combat logs or switches to solo mode?

Frontier: "Soon"... "on the list"....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast