Page 256 of 379 FirstFirst ... 246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5683

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Welcome to the Frontier Forums. Pop in and introduce yourself.

Hi
    Been playing ED about a month on off now, with a pimped out Eagle, mostly bounty hunting and exploring...worth just over a million creds now. Bought this game as played original Elite on a Microsoft BBC computer, had a little advice how to get going but otherwise very steep learning curve. Hard enough to play, but rewarding. Much harder than X3TC.
    Great game and very informative forums, well done all.

Neil

Hello chaps!

New to the game, started in Oct 2014. Love it! Can't wait for horizons release!

Yo guys. been playing elite for a while but forums give me cancer. saying goodbye to my corvette and cutter to try the distant worlds run - I wonder how far i get before i miss my dual huge plasma accelerators

this is the first time i have ever been in any forum. I am new so please inform me if i say or do anything wrong..please. I loved the original Elite back in the eighties. the only problem was i got stuck in a dead end system with no credits and no fule and was not able to leave..too far to jump with available resources. So i had to walk away from the game. I did join the alpha and beta of ED and loved it. Now I have horizons and I am amazed at the size, beauty and scope of the game. I sunk a few dollars in upgrading my computer set up so i could play it better with ED. Swivel arm for the monitor (to bring it up close and personal) custom metal platforms to mount my Pro 52x to the arms of my desk chair, logitec (800 watt I think) sound with big subwoofer so it shakes the floor. I do not have any friends who play on the computer (I am too old) so I only play solo. but I only play for about 5 or ten mins at a time because of frustration factor. But the game visual and mechanics are so cool I keep trying hoping one day it will be fun.

Hello CMDRS and my brothers/sisters of The Fuel Rat Mischief

Remyzero here, signing in to avoid being marked as a bot/spammer!

Just completed a marathon fuel rescue on the outer rim and wanted to share the details but system security wants to scan me before allowing

Favorite thing to do in Elite:
    Hanging out with The Mischief applying fuel to those that need it

Favorite ship:
    Python

Current location:
    56,000LY from SOL

Shout out to Jonny-V, mg and the boys in #elitedangerous irc

Greetings fellow CMNDRS

Hello there. Just so we get this out in the open, I am not a spam bot. And yes, that's probably what a spam bot would say to avoid suspicion and infiltrate human 'cyber' space but would a spam bot do THIS!

Exactly. A spam bot would be spamming for all it was worth by now, not posting the dot, dot, dot of silence. Okay, now that we've cleared that up a little info about me:

CMDR Ronin Vakris at your service. I've been playing Elite Dangerous for a little under a month now but I've been keeping an eye on this game ever since I heard about it (which was during it's initial Beta release). Finally decided to throw my lot in when Horizons was announced.

About Me
    I like long walks on the Moon - ok, not that type of about me. PC gamer, Former X-wing Alliance and Freelancer player and fan who fell in love with the open world space sim genre right there and then and is very happy to finally have the space sim back on the map!

Currently flying an Adder like a leaf on the wind and loving this tough, agile little ship that I've lovingly upgraded. Feels like a smaller version of the Millenium Falcon, or actually Dash Rendar's Outrider

Looking forward to engaging with the Frontier devs and my fellow forum goers on here and out in the big black.

Mission Glitch? Lost my Anaconda to 25 Vultures whilst in a mission to deliver 4 silver to an NPC

Hi I am CMDR Bailtech,
    I have been playing ED for months since right before 1.4 and was so excited for Horizons and pre ordered the second it went on presale!
    I've had an Anaconda for about a month or two I believe before Horizons landed. While on one of the "meet this NPC at this time" and deliver something like 4 silver, missions that I got at a Bulletin Board with either 1.5 or Horizons update, I had been flying around killing every NPC that was hunting me down, and waited for about 2 hours only to be told to go to another star system. Once there I eventually saw my contact and tried following them and dropped out. When I dropped out there was nobody there, except I think some sort of commodity. Then within about 2 seconds all of a sudden there were like 25 VULTURES and they were all RED and were ALL ATTACKING ME.
    A.) That is some crazy overkill!
    B.) I wouldn't have dropped out if I wasn't on this mission that was only giving me something like 50,000 credits(was trying to up my federation influence to gain rank)
    C.) They killed me in 10 seconds!! I was trying to run mind you, not turn and fight, you'd have to be crazy! It felt like some crazy glitch to have that many VULTURES coming after me especially if that was part of the mission for 50,000 credits!
    They killed me, and when I got to the insurance page I was like something like 237,000 credits short!! SO I GOT STUCK WITH A SIDEWINDER!!!
    WHAT!?!?!?
    That seems rather ridiculous for long time players who have spent hundreds of hours gaining the credits and for the mass majority of the time to have enough credits for insurance, and even if not go from a 148,000,000 credit ship down to a 20,000 credit ship because of such a small number of being out of credits for being killed on a mission that seemed pretty much like an excessive glitch!

Now on top of that, trying to earn anything back, I am flying around in a Type-6 and any mission I try to complete or anytime I try to do some trading I get Pythons interdicting me! I am assuming because my skill level is pretty high that is why I am getting chased down by ships that are way too difficult to escape or fight off with my current ship. The game is unplayable for me at the moment. I am not being a poor sport. As months and months ago I had a type-9 that kept getting killed and the last time I did it I didn't have enough credits then to get a new ship either, and went from having a 98,000,000 credit ship down to a sidewinder. I took it and again worked my way back up and eventually got my Anaconda.
    This just seems like poor design at this point.
    I just don't know what to do. I feel pushed into a corner, like my only option is to erase my profile and start again. If that is the case I am just going to put it away and wait a couple months and hopefully everything will be more reasonable then.
    I honestly would hope that this is enough of a glitch in that mission that I could get my anaconda back or even something a third of the cost like a python...
    I feel wronged... I don't know...
    Like it should be tiered or something. Like you shouldn't lose EVERYTHING. You should get something like half the cost or something that is comparable to the amount of insurance you have. Mind you I had like 3,000,000 credits.
    Anyway thanks for listening.

Originally Posted by CMDR BAILTECH View Post (Source)
    Hi I am CMDR Bailtech,
    I have been playing ED for months since right before 1.4 and was so excited for Horizons and pre ordered the second it went on presale!
    I've had an Anaconda for about a month or two I believe before Horizons landed. While on one of the "meet this NPC at this time" and deliver something like 4 silver, missions that I got at a Bulletin Board with either 1.5 or Horizons update, I had been flying around killing every NPC that was hunting me down, and waited for about 2 hours only to be told to go to another star system. Once there I eventually saw my contact and tried following them and dropped out. When I dropped out there was nobody there, except I think some sort of commodity. Then within about 2 seconds all of a sudden there were like 25 VULTURES and they were all RED and were ALL ATTACKING ME.
    A.) That is some crazy overkill!
    B.) I wouldn't have dropped out if I wasn't on this mission that was only giving me something like 50,000 credits(was trying to up my federation influence to gain rank)
    C.) They killed me in 10 seconds!! I was trying to run mind you, not turn and fight, you'd have to be crazy! It felt like some crazy glitch to have that many VULTURES coming after me especially if that was part of the mission for 50,000 credits!
    They killed me, and when I got to the insurance page I was like something like 237,000 credits short!! SO I GOT STUCK WITH A SIDEWINDER!!!
    WHAT!?!?!?
    That seems rather ridiculous for long time players who have spent hundreds of hours gaining the credits and for the mass majority of the time to have enough credits for insurance, and even if not go from a 148,000,000 credit ship down to a 20,000 credit ship because of such a small number of being out of credits for being killed on a mission that seemed pretty much like an excessive glitch!

Now on top of that, trying to earn anything back, I am flying around in a Type-6 and any mission I try to complete or anytime I try to do some trading I get Pythons interdicting me! I am assuming because my skill level is pretty high that is why I am getting chased down by ships that are way too difficult to escape or fight off with my current ship. The game is unplayable for me at the moment. I am not being a poor sport. As months and months ago I had a type-9 that kept getting killed and the last time I did it I didn't have enough credits then to get a new ship either, and went from having a 98,000,000 credit ship down to a sidewinder. I took it and again worked my way back up and eventually got my Anaconda.
    This just seems like poor design at this point.
    I just don't know what to do. I feel pushed into a corner, like my only option is to erase my profile and start again. If that is the case I am just going to put it away and wait a couple months and hopefully everything will be more reasonable then.
    I honestly would hope that this is enough of a glitch in that mission that I could get my anaconda back or even something a third of the cost like a python...
    I feel wronged... I don't know...
    Like it should be tiered or something. Like you shouldn't lose EVERYTHING. You should get something like half the cost or something that is comparable to the amount of insurance you have. Mind you I had like 3,000,000 credits.
    Anyway thanks for listening.
    Sorry to hear about your story. ED can be challenging sometimes. Never go out in a big ship without enough funds to cover the insurance. Better switch to a smaller ship for the time being until you have enough to cover the insurance of your big ship.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you. The missions are pretty much all bugged right now. I'm getting offered only low paying missions or have unobtainable missions because they require elite combat rank or elite trading rank.

As for the interdictions, you might have been unlucky or you picked up a mission that specifically stated that others would hunt you down because I play every day, traveling to many systems, sometimes hostiles as I'm pledged to a power in PowerPlay and I get interdicted maybe 2 or 3 times total in 2-3 hours of play.
    Cmdr Kantos Kan, Trader, Explorer and occasional Bounty Hunter

I have no problem with interdictions, it's the way of the game. One of my current problems is that it's like the game is treating me as if I still have an Anaconda and is only sending NPC's after me that would match that ship(Pythons, Anacondas, Imperial Cutters)If I had the money for a Vulture, yeah maybe, but everything below is just murder.
    And as for the insurance system with the bigger more expensive ships the system doesn't seem fair. It makes sense for the smaller ones, but once you start getting into the hundreds of millions of credits there should be some sort of tiered system, in my opinion of playing this game for months and months and losing the biggest ships in the game over a couple hundred thousand...

Hi

I'm new to Elite Dangerous. Been playing for less than a month. Just bought Horizons expansion today and am very excited to join the "Distant Worlds" expedition.
    See you around. Cheers!

Wassup. I just picked this up on xboxone, I'm a week or two in is all. I'm currently in a cobra mk iii, only my third ship, currently trading and bounty hunting, saving up for a diamondback and then ASP in order to jump into exploration, which I'm most excited about. I eagerly wait for Frontier to catch the console up with all the upcoming updates for the game!
    I'm so glad I found this, this is the type of methodical, open play, immersion game I love to dive into, and I'm a huge fan of astronomy! Excited to progress to start jumping into the community.

Hi from Cmdr JFennC,
    JFennC is a contraction of James Fennimore Cooper who was an early American writer who wrote about the frontier. I'm new to the forum but have played Elite for about 6 months. In RL I'm a software developer in New England.

Hi

Hi all! Fly safe

Originally Posted by TJWalldawg View Post (Source)
    Wassup. I just picked this up on xboxone, I'm a week or two in is all. I'm currently in a cobra mk iii, only my third ship, currently trading and bounty hunting, saving up for a diamondback and then ASP in order to jump into exploration, which I'm most excited about. I eagerly wait for Frontier to catch the console up with all the upcoming updates for the game!
    I'm so glad I found this, this is the type of methodical, open play, immersion game I love to dive into, and I'm a huge fan of astronomy! Excited to progress to start jumping into the community.
    If I was you, I would skip the Diamondback. I did the same mistake and it slowed me down. Basically, unless you have a very specific use for it (like mostly smuggling and using silent running to get into stations undetected), the Diamondback is a DOWNGRADE compared to the Cobra. It has less internals, less cargo, less hardpoints and is slower. Its only advantages over the Cobra is the better jump range and 2 more utility slots. Plus, it costs a lot more than the Cobra and the insurance is a lot higher. Don't do it. Go directly to the Asp when you can afford it. And make sure you have enough funds to outfit it properly and still have some credits to pay for the insurance, should something bad happens.
    Cmdr Kantos Kan, Trader, Explorer and occasional Bounty Hunter

Hi fellow Commanders, just wanted to introduce myself, absolutely loving the Xbox One version of Elite, I'm old enough to have played the original back in the days of the Atari ST. Downloaded the console version 2 weeks ago and have stopped exploring the universe since. Managed to work my way up to a Viper Mk IV fully pimped out and enjoying earning some decent credits bounty hunting. Not played any open world yet though. If there's anyone else on the Xbox version that wants to explore just add me lxCROSSYxl would be great to get to know you guys.

Page 256 of 379 FirstFirst ... 246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast